Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
The Dark Rey 2 lightsaber was pretty cringe.
Why's that? (It is a pre-established design and, IMHO, makes the most sense if you wanted a saberstaff; more compact and easer to cary when not in use.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
Its like trying to enact shock value, something you would see in CW writing. The overall trailer was okay. I don't know what to do with Disney star wars anymore. everything about it feels soulless and too masterminded by The Disney Corporation.
I think the dark side Rey thing is about the same thing as her seeming to be joining Kylo at the end of the second TLJ trailer; a shocking bit that's taken out of context to get people talking. I seriously doubt she's actually going to go bad for real (maybe a Force vision or an illusion of some kind?). As far as the trailer itself, it's so vague that there's no real clue what they story is about (beyond the obvious "Resistance vs.First Order" that we all knew was coming). Way too early to be judging it, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
As for Kylo's, the crossguard isn't meant to be functional, it's meant to be intimidating. Ben Solo is form over function, he's a little boy playing at being badass. It actually makes a lot of sense that he'd go for an over the top style like that.
Actually, the crossgaurd is purely for function; since Kylo has a cracked Cyber crystal in his saber (hence why the blade crackles and looks less solid), he needs it to vent the excess energy to keep the saber from overloading. (That said, the crossguard design does exist for its own sake.)