Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "What's with the destroyer?"

So in the new trailer we get another look at what appears to be Empire-era Imperial Star Destroyers. Although I'm kind of wondering about the context...

1)Could be the remnants of the Old Empire deciding to help out the Resistance with what's left of their fleet against the First Order. According to some materials, an old pocket of the Empire exists that was allowed to keep it's territory.

2) Holdo's thing managed to mess up the FO fleet so bad they're using the older models.

3) Maybe a hidden fleet somehow involved with whatever Palpatine's plan is.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So in the new trailer we get another look at what appears to be Empire-era Imperial Star Destroyers. Although I'm kind of wondering about the context...

1)Could be the remnants of the Old Empire deciding to help out the Resistance with what's left of their fleet against the First Order. According to some materials, an old pocket of the Empire exists that was allowed to keep it's territory.
    It would be kind of interesting if the cry for help that fell on deaf ears ended up resulting in old Imperial forces being the ones to help out. Lots of questions about why they weren't fighting them before if they opposed them that much though.

2) Holdo's thing managed to mess up the FO fleet so bad they're using the older models.
    I would be pretty disappointed to learn the First Order only had around 12 Resurgent class ships. I can understand the Supremacy may have been scrapped rather than repaired in the last year, but I'd expect them to have more of a backup fleet.

3) Maybe a hidden fleet somehow involved with whatever Palpatine's plan is.
    I have always been a little confused whether the Super Star Destroyer Grand Admiral Sloane found at the coordinates she followed was supposed to be the start of the First Order, or the start of something else entirely. Because Sloane and that particular SSD have not been name dropped in any lore about the beginning of the First Order, they only share the vague detail that the Order grew out of the unknown regions where that SSD was.

There's also the question of Grand Admiral Thrawn whose whereabouts post Return of the Jedi have still not been followed up on. I think he only had a few Star Destroyers taken into the unknown, not a whole fleet.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

A Rebels and Empire against some third party type scenario was honestly the thing I wanted most from the new trilogy so I hope it's that but honestly it's probably just a flashback or vision of some sort.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

A closer inspection of the scene has revealed that it is likely not a flashback. These are not traditional ISDs, they are modified with Axile Superlaser Cannons on their bellies.

so far the movie looks like it has some EU mash-ups (i refuse to call it legends, these were comic books telling alternate versions of the OT)
    katana-fleet
    reey the clone
    hidden emperor fortress
    dark side mara jade
    underworld allying with the resistance. no talon karrde, sadly

yay b-wings! maybe i ll watch it
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I've been seeing rumors that the "Dark Rey" is actually Rey's mom, played by Ridley. Her mom is a clone and she was born without having the ability to get pregnant. Her name is Ren.

She was the Emperor's "left hand" and secretly kept him alive via Darth Plagueis shenanigans, where we learn Palps was actually Plagueis transferring his soul around.

And Luke/Ren had an affair ... so maybe he's the dad? But he's not ... Luke says Palpatine created Rey in her mom via the Force, much like he did his dad, Darth Vader. Vader was Palpy's first successful creation, Rey being #2. He transferred her soul around, too, using clones since before the time of Darth Vader. He reveals to Rey when trying to turn her at the DSII that Ren was his forbidden Jedi lover during the first Sith/Jedi war and all he wanted was to give her a child. And she's that child. Rey/Kylo flirt more now knowing this. Palpy also reveals Snoke was a cutout used by Ren to turn Ben so that he would destroy his uncle. Ren would embody Rey as a beacon of light and Palps would embody Kylo, the infinite dark. "Restore balance to the Force, one Light, one Dark, forever entwined."

But the fleet is keyed to Skywalker as it was Rey's mom's personal fleet, and she loved Luke more than Palpy, and Luke helps Rey use it via 3PO to stop Kylo from stealing all of Plagueis' power. It cripples the FO fleet and is destroyed in the process.

And Rey kills Kylo whom has the Emperor in him and wipes Plagueis' from existence with the help of Luke who ends up being wiped, too. Ren escapes some knowledge of how to transfer souls.

Rey then renames the Jedi, Skywalkers after Luke. She goes by Skywalker Rey at the end.

The movie ends with her mom promising to kill her and taking command of the Knights of Ren, the new Dark Side users, and ushering in the Second Order.

Interesting rumor to say the least and makes the slave-linked ships plot-centric.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-28-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium