Thread: WW #77 preview!

Incredible Member

Default WW #77 preview!

The preview, which is from Bleeding Cool, is here. It's short, but tense!

Yikes!

(I hope some of these characters stick around and become part of the backdrop of Wonder Woman.)

Good start. Is this unfolding at the Virginia Shore beach house?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yikes!

(I hope some of these characters stick around and become part of the backdrop of Wonder Woman.)
    It'd be a real shame to never see Atlantiades again tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Good start. Is this unfolding at the Virginia Shore beach house?
    Yes it is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Bleeding Cool previews are leaks, so technically not previews The official one is up over at Freaksugar, with a few more pages.

The end there with Steve pointing out Cheetah's footprints seems too over-dramatic and one-linery for my taste. But I think the emotional drama of the character reactions and interaction are undercut by Merino's art. And while Merino used to follow Xermanico's lead in depicting Atlantiades, here they are depicted much more feminine.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It'd be a real shame to never see Atlantiades again tbh.
    That's the character I'm most interested in remaining as part of the cast.

The art looks good. I'd be happy if Merino or Xermanico stuck around for Orlando's run.

It's interesting how different artists are challenged by depicting Atlantiades. Xermanico is the best at capturing them, but we also haven't seen too many other artists draw them yet either.

I hope this extended story about the Cheetah is good. She's been sidelined and put in the background in Justice League, so I hope GWW captures something new about her POV and menace.

Extraordinary Member

Heh.

I actually found the review of DC’s policy about giving previews to dedicated supplicants more intriguing.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The art looks good. I'd be happy if Merino or Xermanico stuck around for Orlando's run.

It's interesting how different artists are challenged by depicting Atlantiades. Xermanico is the best at capturing them, but we also haven't seen too many other artists draw them yet either.

I hope this extended story about the Cheetah is good. She's been sidelined and put in the background in Justice League, so I hope GWW captures something new about her POV and menace.
    We still don't know what the Cheetah wants ..from Diana or anybody else? Bigger TV set? What's she want Themyscira for? Exotic kitty litter? Maybe, GWW's story will nail that down for us?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!