Default Thanos (MCU) vs. Ares, Steppenwolf & Aquaman (DCEU)

Endgame Thanos with sword. No Stones.

Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ooof

Thanos was dealing with Thor fairly easily, could have killed him if not for Captain Thormerica. Thor easily outstats Aquaman, iirc he probably outstats Ares too (his feats were illusions, then just flight and strength iirc). Steppenwolf was being knocked around by Aquaman and WW so I suspect Thanos could take them all but it might be difficult.

Tough fight. I think Thanos is stronger than all of them strengthwise although Aquaman is not too far behind. Ares can play keep away by staying in the air and using his lightening. Very hard to say.

Thanos is indisputably the strongest one here. DCEU's Steppenwolf's strength is comparable to the level of Thor. Of course, Thanos was strong enough to hold off Thor and Captain Thormerica with one hand, so the Mad Titan easily outclasses the New God. Making matters worse is Thanos's Double-Edged Sword. Aquaman's trident might be durable enough to withstand a hit or two, but I can't see anything or anyone taking less.

Ares is the wildcard. There's no reason to believe Ares couldn't transmute Thanos's sword into dust. If the God of War succeeds in doing this before his teammates are brutally murdered, then Team DCEU has a shot. While Steppenwolf and Aquaman keep Thanos busy, Ares works his magic by casting illusions, forging and hurling weapons, shooting lightning, etc. The ideal tactic would be using Thanos's sword against him. Otherwise, Team DCEU has no real way of hurting the Mad Titan.

I'm leaning towards Thanos. That, or it's an eternal stalemate between Thanos and an intangible Ares.

IIRC, wasn't Thanos resisting Mantis' mind whammy? Would that potentially give him some resistance to Ares' illusions?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    IIRC, wasn't Thanos resisting Mantis' mind whammy? Would that potentially give him some resistance to Ares' illusions?
    It might muddle him for 2 or 3 seconds. Pretty sure he shrugs off anything beyond that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Eh. I feel like there's a difference between controlling someone's mind like Mantis vs illusions that are essentially holographic projections like Loki does. Ares seems to have some capacity to do both, and I don't think resisting the former necessarily means seeing through the latter.

But those illusions are generally only good for evasion and distraction. So they only really matter if they can set up a kill shot for somebody else.

BANNED

I don’t recall everything Ares doing just being an illusion....and the only thing that could kill him was wonderwoman but she’s far weaker then Steppenwolf

But Steppenwolf was beating up on the JL pretty handily

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    IIRC, that happened in Infinity War while Thanos was wearing the gauntlet. Perhaps Endgame Thanos (as OP sppecifies) could also resist mind whammies, but I don't recall him doing that.

It probably depends on what you think Mantis was trying to do to Thanos. If she did the same 'sleep' attack which quickly stopped Ego, then that's impressive willpower on Thanos' part - still being able to stand up and talk.