Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Popeyes vs. Chick-Fil-A

All staff (restaurants and corporate -- no outside contractors) from both companies meet on the battlefield of post-bombardment New Avengers Compound as seen in Endgame. The two sides are armed with any and all resources their companies have to offer, including office supplies, cooking utensils, and ingredients. The battle is to the death.

Which chicken sandwich maker comes out on top? Which company flies the coop?

I think Popeyes is probably just plain bigger. Since this is basically a bunch of untrained guys fighting another bunch of other untrained guys, numbers win the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Which chicken sandwich maker comes out on top? Which company flies the coop?
    Does Popeye's even make or are known for a chicken sandwich?
    Honestly never had either LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    They just recently came out with one, spawning countless memes and this rumble.

I just tried the Popeye's fried chicken sandwich, to see what all the poop, er, scoop and long lines is about....and I was not impressed.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Just make sure the fight is held on a Sunday, and Chick-fil-a is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I think Popeyes is probably just plain bigger. Since this is basically a bunch of untrained guys fighting another bunch of other untrained guys, numbers win the day.
    Chick Fil A is the 3rd largest fast food chain in America. Only Starbucks and McDonalds are in front of it. Yeah it grew fast like Subway and Chipotle

As for the fight given that Chick fil A will have workers outside taking your orders. I would bet my money on them being more trained or willing to be trained and will take instructions better. Beside 90% people working a Popeyes will quit. They barely want to work for Popeyes much less fight for them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I'm convinced M. Bison runs Popeyes, given their Tuesday special.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Chick Fil A is the 3rd largest fast food chain in America. Only Starbucks and McDonalds are in front of it. Yeah it grew fast like Subway and Chipotle
    The key word here is America. However, Popeyes is global with over 3102 stores. Chick-Fil-A is only 2363 stores, and just starting its global expansion this year (in Toronto).

Add the fact that Popeyes probably has a lot of ghost pepper in their storehouses (Ghost Pepper Wings) and that's the tear gas barrage needed for an early attack. Chick-A-Fil goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    They just recently came out with one, spawning countless memes and this rumble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I just tried the Popeye's fried chicken sandwich, to see what all the poop, er, scoop and long lines is about....and I was not impressed.
    Yeah, just to clarify, IRL Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A are in a social media "war" of sorts for competing chicken sandwiches. This is why Popeyes has been popping up in the media more often now.

Objectively speaking, this war is only doing wonders for both of their bottom lines -- Popeyes keeps selling out and Chick-Fil-A's lines are longer than normal. But that's no fun. This is Rumbles and we demand bloodshed.

Chick-Fil-A wins when they call in what are essentially the Chick-Fil-A Cowvengers.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i don't eat either on a regular basis, so i can not who wins.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Chick-Fil-A wins when they call in what are essentially the Chick-Fil-A Cowvengers.
    They don't want to get mascots involved, lest some spinached-up sailor punches them into beef patties.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The fight occurs on Sunday, Popeyes wins by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Are they? There's only like 3 in my state. Not that Popeyes is huge, but I seriously doubt Chick-fil-a is as big as Subway, Burger King, Wendy's or Taco Bell.

EDIT: Yeah they're not Chick Fil A is 21st, Popeyes is 20th.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/content/...chains-america
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 08-28-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    They don't want to get mascots involved, lest some spinached-up sailor punches them into beef patties.
    Popeye isn't the mascot for the chicken restaurant. He's the mascot for Allen's Popeye brand Spinach.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis