Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I feel like half this book has shown up in various previews already. Still hope it’s good and stays relevant past this YOTV stuff.

I'm so over the Joker as a Superman villain.

Good art, but nothing has compelled me to this story yet though and this didn't do anything to change that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Honestly? I was buying this for the art alone. Getting Marquez on this book is a dream come true.

I like Williamson well enough, and I enjoy a good Clark-Bruce team-up when the writer gets their dynamic. The odds of me sticking with this for at least six issues is pretty good. I'm in.

But I can't say I'm feeling anything all that unique here. What I've seen so far reminds me a lot of what Loeb and Pak and others have done with this title. Which, cool, "S-B" is kind of its own little genre now and I enjoy the vibe. But I'm way more excited about Marquez drawing a bunch of DC characters than I am anything I've heard about from the story.

Y'know what I might be down for though, against all better judgement? The Superman Who Kills, or whatever the evil multiverse Metal type version would be. BWL is like the manifestation of the Batgod drugged up on KISS. What would the evil Metallica Superman be like? As ridiculous, over-exposed, and over-the-top as BWL is, he's a fun concept and if Metal is gonna be a thing now I'd be down with Clark having his own multiversal version. A "metal album cover" Superman who decided to go full on Injustice.....but did it "right" and successfully and who's life looks like a music video? That's be a piss-your-pants threat and I kinda want to see that here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm so over the Joker and The Batman Who Laughs.
    I fixed that for you.

I still don't see how anyone can think Batman is a myth. He's on the Justice League. He's been seen shaking hands with Superman. Come on, man. That said, it appears to be the Reborn suit so perhaps this is a similar-but-not-quite-our Earth in play akin to Injustice. I was thinking nightmare sequence, but the costume makes me think other Earth. I dunno.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-27-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I fixed that for you.

I still don't see how anyone can think Batman is a myth. He's on the Justice League. He's been seen shaking hands with Superman. Come on, man. That said, it appears to be the Reborn suit so perhaps this is a similar-but-not-quite-our Earth in play akin to Injustice. I was thinking nightmare sequence, but the costume makes me think other Earth. I dunno.
    Seeing him without the idiot trunks was giving me hope lol.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Seeing him without the idiot trunks was giving me hope lol.
    Pistols at dawn, sir.

Batman/Superman? Interesting.

Seeing Batman Who Laughs? Pass. Regular Batman is a big enough **** in his own books. Did we really need Joker-ized Batman? Lost interest right there.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm so over the Joker as a Superman villain.
    I am so over joker's "one bad day" crap being touted some kind of great truth and fanboys, fanboying over it. Sheesh! What is the matter with people.

So it seems that the issue start on BWL -Earth ? It's strange because we know that this Superman died on the Watchtower, with his family. Is it another Dark Multiverse Earth ? A nightmare ?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I enjoyed it. I'm sure people will complain/not read simply because of the batman who laughs being involved, but I thought this was handled well enough. Williamson writes a optimistic Superman, which is needed with such a dark villain. And with Batman who laughs seemingly being important in the next big event Snyder is writing, it makes sense to reintroduce him in this story.

Y'know what I might be down for though, against all better judgement? The Superman Who Kills, or whatever the evil multiverse Metal type version would be. BWL is like the manifestation of the Batgod drugged up on KISS. What would the evil Metallica Superman be like? As ridiculous, over-exposed, and over-the-top as BWL is, he's a fun concept and if Metal is gonna be a thing now I'd be down with Clark having his own multiversal version. A "metal album cover" Superman who decided to go full on Injustice.....but did it "right" and successfully and who's life looks like a music video? That's be a piss-your-pants threat and I kinda want to see that here.
    I don't like the BWL, and I'm sick to death of evil Supermans. Especially if they end up taken down by non-Superman (even more especially if it's Batman). Not exactly happy with BWL previous successes either - too BatGodish.

I don't like the fact that Batman and Superman already knew Shazam was Billy Batson. In the story after New 52, the identity should not have been revealed yet. Moreover, they should have a discussion if they find Shazam's true identity is Billy. Because he is still a boy. Not as trained as Robin. Superman should have worried about this fact. This should have been made as a story.

Moreover, they should have a discussion if they find Shazam's true identity is Billy. Because he is still a boy. Not as trained as Robin. Superman should have worried about this fact.
    I'd like him to be concerned, but in the end, powers make a big difference.