Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The Ewing story was interesting, and I'm intrigued for what I assume will be an event he'll head in 2020.

However, some of the page choices were odd, and the lack of some really key characters like the FF, or even some of the wider Avengers, getting anything at all, was very odd.

I understand they seemed to want to push these much older characters, but to not have ANYTHING celebrating the birth of the modern Marvel era with the Fantastic Four's launch, or the original Assembling of the Avengers, was just an odd choice.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

I am quite interested in what Ewing might be building here. I am also reserved about it. New status quos can be quite difficult to stick. Scientist Supreme Pym was barely a thing, Nick Fury as the Watcher is rarely seen or used, the powered up Orb isn't seen at all, and let us not forget Sunspot's non-existent tenure as Citizen X. The future could be quite big for Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher, and Jimmy Woo, or it could change nothing at all.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I am quite interested in what Ewing might be building here. I am also reserved about it. New status quos can be quite difficult to stick. Scientist Supreme Pym was barely a thing, Nick Fury as the Watcher is rarely seen or used, the powered up Orb isn't seen at all, and let us not forget Sunspot's non-existent tenure as Citizen X. The future could be quite big for Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher, and Jimmy Woo, or it could change nothing at all.
    Oh, that wont matter at all. It'll be one story where it matters - whatever Ewing is doing. None of those characters are remotely popular enough for anyone to care afterwards (though there is always the chance the event might launch someone)

But I am interested in the one story following this one shot
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I thought the story woven through it was interesting as well. curious to see where it leads.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the new Masked Raider is Jason Halloway, the guy from the end of the Marvels Project who got the first Angel's domino mask and the guns of the Two-Gun Kid. I'm pretty sure that's what the gun case & mask he has are.

It was a lot to take in, I'll admit. The central story was cool, though a little muddled. I dig Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher, and Jimmy Woo and see their potential. I want to see where it goes, but....part of me still needs some convincing. For now, the choosing of these three seem somewhat random.

As for the other parts, they were jarring, but definitely hit the feels. They were celebrations of moments and characters in the Marvel Universe, some famous, others famous to those involved (i.e. Spider-Man's accidental killing, White Tiger as the first Puerto Rican superhero, which is cool to see George Perez involved, JMS regretting Sins Past, etc.) It was for the astute Marvel fans, because astute Marvel fans would get the feels from it.

But ultimatley, okay, I think it was great. Looking forward to issue #1001.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I'm upset that Jessica Drew lost out to Star Wars and Weapon Alpha and there for wasn't in the book.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm upset that Jessica Drew lost out to Star Wars and Weapon Alpha and there for wasn't in the book.
    Well, of course Star Wars (which isn't even part of the Marvel U) is more important to Marvel's 80th ANNIVERSARY than Spider-Woman. They freaking didn't even give the Fantastic Four a page.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The whole issue was basically propaganda. Even the very idea of it being the #1000 issue of Marvel. :/ *Shrug*
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The whole issue was basically propaganda. Even the very idea of it being the #1000 issue of Marvel. :/ *Shrug*
    Well, this issue wouldn't exist if Marvel didn't see the hype and cash that DC was able to generate with a #1000 issue
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

kathielukas13

Can Someone tell me from where should I buy Marvel comics? Films are good but I like reading more. So, anyone have any idea about it?

for physical copies: https://www.comicshoplocator.com/ will help you find a comic shop near you
    or you can order subscriptions from Marvel, https://subscriptions.marvel.com/ and certain comic book stores like Midtown or Mile High Comics

You can get digital copies with Comixology https://www.comixology.com/ or Marvel's app. Marvel also has Marvel Unlimited which grants you access to a huge collection of back issues for a monthly fee: https://www.marvel.com/comics/unlimited

and Marvel (and DC and most other publishers) collect their books into trade paperbacks which collect 6 or so issues at a time, you can find them on Amazon or pretty much any book store.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-29-2019 at 01:48 AM.

This was super meh

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, of course Star Wars (which isn't even part of the Marvel U) is more important to Marvel's 80th ANNIVERSARY than Spider-Woman. They freaking didn't even give the Fantastic Four a page.
    They did, but it only featured Ben. Johnny and Sue completely no-showed, which is ridiculous. No Wasp either. Sue, Janet and Jean Grey were Marvel's original heroines, all snubbed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Question
    In the What Do You Regret Story, who is the character that says “Sins Past” as I can’t figure it out