Default Rumbles in which you can't say "Character X might as well not be there"

If I was to make the following rumble:

Superman and Batman Vs Spider-Man and Iron Man

The correct (and very obvious) reply would be "Superman solos, Batman might as well not be there".

Can you think of any rumbles in which a team that has a powerful character (e.g. Superman) and a much weaker character (e.g. Batman) actually NEED the much weaker character in order to pull off the win?

Edit: I don't mean prep-based rumbles.
    Last edited by KJS; 08-28-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Silver Surfer and Reed Richards with prep vs a Celestial

Okay, to give an example of what I mean...

Imagine a Superman level character called "WOOD-WEAK-MAN" who literally can't function in the presence of anything wood or wood-like and weakens to ordinary human level as a result.

If he was going up against "TREE-MAN" and "OAK-FACE" - two Captain America level characters who just so happen to be made of wood - he'd actually lose.

But then there's "WOOD-KILLER". WOOD-KILLER is a wheelchair-bound kid with the same physical stats as Mr. Glass. However, he possesses the ability to turn wood to a mushy paste by looking at it.

If it was "WOOD-WEAK-MAN and WOOD-KILLER Vs TREE-MAN and OAK-FACE", the former team would win by virtue of the fact that they have the weakest character in the fight on their team, who just so happens to be useful in this specific fight. And the strongest character in the fight would have lost without him.

This is an extreme example using extreme weaknesses and very specific (and otherwise useless) powers to make a point. But you get what I mean.

Fantastic Member

So something like Wolverine+Jubilee versus Poison Ivy.

Wolverine is a much superior hand-to-hand combat than either of them, but he can't get close to Poison Ivy without being mindcontrolled. Jubilee would get stomped by Wolverine but her immunity to Ivy's pheromones and her fighting ability is just enough to distract Ivy into letting Wolverine win.

Heck Poison Ivy + Harley Quinn versus Wolverine+vampire Jubilee (In a rainy day) might be a nice rumble.

Amazing Member

Maybe something like Hulk and Havok vs. Red Hulk? Red Hulk has (had?) the power to take away Hulk's gamma radiation and reduce him back to Bruce Banner. He can also smash Havok to bloody paste with one hand tied behind his back. However, if Havok is there neutralizing Red Hulk's ability to take away Hulk's Gamma, I think Hulk whoops him extremely badly. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Silver Surfer and Reed Richards with prep vs a Celestial
    Silver Surfer might as well not be there in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    So something like Wolverine+Jubilee versus Poison Ivy.

Wolverine is a much superior hand-to-hand combat than either of them, but he can't get close to Poison Ivy without being mindcontrolled. Jubilee would get stomped by Wolverine but her immunity to Ivy's pheromones and her fighting ability is just enough to distract Ivy into letting Wolverine win.

Heck Poison Ivy + Harley Quinn versus Wolverine+vampire Jubilee (In a rainy day) might be a nice rumble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    Maybe something like Hulk and Havok vs. Red Hulk? Red Hulk has (had?) the power to take away Hulk's gamma radiation and reduce him back to Bruce Banner. He can also smash Havok to bloody paste with one hand tied behind his back. However, if Havok is there neutralizing Red Hulk's ability to take away Hulk's Gamma, I think Hulk whoops him extremely badly. Does that count?
    Yeah, these are good ones.