Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Hell of an issue.

The Scott/Xavier/Magneto dialogue was full cult. I'm not complaining - it's a fascinating new dynamic at play, and it's great to find the X-Men weird and dangerous again. But yeah, it's definitely meant to be sinister and mysterious. And I'm good with the X-Men being that way right now. Emma and Scott also had perfect moments here.

As others have mentioned, given the opening of HoX #1 with the pods you have to wonder if everyone was still onboard that ship. I'm just so ready to see the full jihad X-Men take it to some flatscans, I don't care what that makes me!

The infographic on Sentinels seems to indicate Karima has fully turned. I always thought she was sketchy anyway.

It would be hilarious if everyone has just been pod people the whole time. Moira for HBIC.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Jean fans are probably still high on that X-Men Red Jeansus juice.
    Only Jean can't get character development
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It would be hilarious if everyone has just been pod people the whole time. Moira for HBIC.
    This looks a bit like the last back widow retcon, that she has many clones

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    And why didn’t Beast march in and say he’s founding his own splinter Krakoa due to Xavier getting in bed with villains like Magneto?It’s obvious editorial hates Hank.
    In Krakoa I don't think they grow barley to produce beer.

House of Logan

And why didn't Qwerty and Beautiful Dreamer get any lines. Hickman must hate them such a fanboy lulz

The Red Dragon

So it shall be done = a riff off Faction’s “as you wish”
    Very exciting. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Count me as a passenger on the Not 616 Train. Fairly certain that HOX/POX is all set-up for the world of DOX, where we get to see the catastrophic failure of Moira's 10th life and selected cuts from the previous lives that informed her choices in it. Too much of it is just - slightly - off.

At the end we're going to see Moira make the 'right' choice that leads to her embarking upon her 11th and last life determined to avoid whatever unexpected mistake she makes here. As to what that could be? Hickman only knows, and I'm more than happy to let him unfold his long-term X-epic at his own pace.

Though if she decides that her mistake was letting Xavier and Magneto know what the future might hold, it could solve the problem of squaring their 616 histories with the idea that they knew what they were doing in the 616 had been tried before but hadn't worked. The Moira of 616 could have decided that suborning the AI programming that would always and inevitably lead to Nimrod was the only way of taking it off the board and letting mutantkind have a future. After all, there's - already - a Nimrod in the 616, and while it proved itself a dangerous enemy (as both Nimrod and Bastion) it was hardly the unstoppable threat described in this issue.
    811 Nimrod was a first gen prototype from the 811 universe. He came online before he was fully complete because when Kate blew the Sentinel base and Phoenix opened the portal it woke the prototype Nimrod up and he followed Rachel through the portal. That is why that Nimrod actually questioned his prime directives over the course of his appearances. At the end he was starting to become sympathetic to mutants and when he was infected with Master Mold and started changing, Nimrod's own AI core saw the flaws in the whole concept of Sentinels so he decided to help Rogue stop Master Mold and kill both himself and Master Mold at the same time.

Remember Forges mutant protecting sentinel. The blue nimrod

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Jean fans are probably still high on that X-Men Red Jeansus juice.
    I like Jean but Taylor’s waterered down mother theresa fused with a carebear sucked. Worst thing to happen to the character.

Mighty Member

Since the whole mutant name thing was a mistake on my part, i can overlook that and get to an actual gripe I have with the issue.

It's decompressed as all hell. It feels like everything after the magneto/xavier scene could have been accomplished in half the panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I liked this issue. It's more "calmer" we may say, but I think it's needed, it's all building up and we still have issues to go. I'm honestly really enjoying PoX and HoX, both art and story wise.

As for #3 Emma was the highlight (of course) for me. I loved Emma and the Cuckoos dynamic so much and I didn't know how much I needed to read them call Emma mum. Also their lines.

"It looks to me like the monkeys are using tools again, Ms. Frost--playing at civilization."

And even though Emma's burn was fantastic, my favorite line of her was:

"... so why don't you pretend that some larger American purpose is being served here today... and I'll pretend like you could have stopped me."

Yas Emma, yas.
    Hickmans managed to tap into the perfect voice for Emma and the cuckoos which i definitely wasnt expecting. So over-the-top it works brilliantly
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i'm not sure if he was kidding, Hickman said that he would do his take on mutants sexuality
    .....i dont even want to know what hes implying

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I like Jean but Taylor’s waterered down mother theresa fused with a carebear sucked. Worst thing to happen to the character.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a7224846.html

I'd say Taylor version was more of a cross between Barney the dinosaur and the care bears

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Since the whole mutant name thing was a mistake on my part, i can overlook that and get to an actual gripe I have with the issue.

It's decompressed as all hell. It feels like everything after the magneto/xavier scene could have been accomplished in half the panel time.
    I noticed this too, Hickman was wasting pages here. On other issues he was far more direct into the story than here

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a7224846.html

I'd say Taylor was more of a cross between Barney the dinosaur and the care bears
    LOL people really hate the best interpretation of Jean lately. taylor was doing right

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I noticed this too, Hickman was wasting pages here. On other issues he was far more direct into the story than here
    The art was beautiful. He gave the artist their time to shine

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    And why didn’t Beast march in and say he’s founding his own splinter Krakoa due to Xavier getting in bed with villains like Magneto?It’s obvious editorial hates Hank.
    Oh Hank...it it wasnt for these boards I wouldve forgotten about him entirely. Is he even part of the rotating roster?