Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Despite Emma having an awesome moment. I'm a little annoyed with them just taking Sabretooth. He's a mass murdering monster. And I'm pretty sure if they put Logan in the same area as him, he's gonna slaughter him (Well actually I'd love to see that).

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

This issue was okay but I would have liked to see more interaction and less of Hickman's weird hieroglyphics. I'm not going to complain since it was nice to see Kurt get some decent panel time.

Magneto and Xavier creep me out too, so I just doesn't feel right how Jean and Scott follow Xavier's direction like lambs.

So is Sabertooth going to face some kind of "mutant justice" or be free to wreak havoc? Maybe killing flatscans doesn't even count at this point. I'd hate to see the X-Men get to that stage.

I doubt that anyone is dead. Lots of books end with dire circumstances and our merry mutants survive to breathe another day.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    Despite Emma having an awesome moment. I'm a little annoyed with them just taking Sabretooth. He's a mass murdering monster. And I'm pretty sure if they put Logan in the same area as him, he's gonna slaughter him (Well actually I'd love to see that).
    Maybe Hickman and the X-men still have a use for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Well said, everyone was perfectly in character here, in subtle ways. Cyclops doesn't need to be barking orders to be Cyclops.

Also enjoyed seeing things from a human POV. A refreshing way to see the X-Men portrayed.
    Yeah, I think the character stuff was not blatant, but was there. I also kind of liked the Cyclops as captain, and Wolverine as sergeant vibe aboard the ship. Monet reiterating the details to Nightcrawler, and him simply smiling at her like yes, I know all this, but please go ahead and get your arrogance out of your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Enjoyed the issue, the art, as usual was fantastic. The pacing was a bit slow, but that means the next issue should be action heavy. I still don't think these are pod people, none of them are behaving so OOC as to be concerning, and I really don't want them to be, it would weaken the impact of the story, imo. Still curious about what is going on with Karima. Loved the Emma scene, although any of the X-Men going out of their way to defend Sabretooth is a little gross.
    When it comes to Karima, I think that maybe she's somewhere around stage 6 of the process described on the data page? Like she hasn't become the Karima we've seen in the future, but is on that path. She still has something of herself. She decided to stand with the humans because the X-Men and Krakoa have scared her. Which is understanding, really.....it's a pretty drastic thing, and I like that some people are shown to have doubts. It'd be cool if there were some mutants who weren't all gung-ho about it rather than just human characters, but I find that a kind of interesting subversion.....in this story, it's the X-Men who are the monolithic group all thinking as one, and the humans have been portrayed with a bit more variety of opinion.

Which kind of nicely dovetails with the concepts introduced through the Phalanx in PoX about societal evolution and hiveminds and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    The team Cyclops picked makes very little sense. I guess there's an in-story reason why Hickman went with those characters.
    I wouldn't say it makes very little sense. I can imagine that we could look at the roster of all mutant characters and come up with a team that may make MORE sense.....but I don't know if that really matters. We don't know what those other characters are doing. We don't even know who else is actually available at this point. Technically, we've seen Storm, Colossus, Kitty, Armor, Beast, Banshee, Sage, Cypher, Toad, and the team gathered in this issue. Yes, we have reason to believe that more mutants are on Krakoa, but we also have reason to believe that this mission was given immediate priority. So we don't know if there was time to assemble other members.

As I said earlier in the thread, this is the one minor criticism I have, and I'd love to see some of the thought process on how and why these X-Men were selected....but I don't think we'll get that, and ultimately, I'm fine with it. The team makes sense in that they've all been involved in this kind of stuff before, and they all bring something to a mission of this nature.

Loved it, you got to feel how important the mission was from the humans side, something told me that this mission would mirror the original Krakoa mission they died on before but it was still a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Nah, Cyke in POX is written great. Best Cyke in years and I am sure that Hickman has a lot of cool stuff for him in X-Men too.
    Absolutely. He is being written really well. Especially the way he keeps doing that look over his shoulder. I reminds me of Dune and Idaho turning his back on Leto II so very often. A show of defiance in the face of strength. A reminder that Scott is the human one. A moral hero, not just a boyscout. In many ways Hickman is nailing his character here for me. Scott is the guy who despite his constant fear does what is necessary.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hank isnt against X-Force; he was against Scott's version of X-Force which was a secret kill squad. The thing is just a name and the one he will be one is a completely different interpretation of it. Why is that so hard for people to get?

Nah, we are going through withdrawals

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because he supported Logan's kill squad after Schism in Uncanny X-Force and then participated in Secret Avengers, which caused the genocide of a robot race. And he supported the Illuminatis.

By individual each case seems reasonable, together it seems that he had personal problems with Scott and not X-Force.
    okay he was a hypocrite for those, but not the upcoming X-Force. It really has nothing to do with his feelings for Scott's version. And it was personal bc Scott lied to him and used him to support X-Force and he didnt realize what was going on until much later. He likely wouldnt have been as vehemently opposed to it had there been honesty from the getgo. Whether it was justified or not, he felt betrayed and manipulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Because CIA don't kill people at all.
    If murder happens in this book remains to be seen, as is his reaction to it. You cant label him a hypocrite for something that hasnt occurred yet
    It occurred already as gilo mentioned it. Do Hank get a clean slate in every relauch?

Emma my Emma *wipes a happy tear*

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It occurred already as gilo mentioned it. Do Hank get a clean slate in every relauch?
    What do you mean "it occurred already"? The book isn't out yet.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by agkagk47 View Post
    question regarding the teams concerns about how to return home:

Why not just bring magik and have her teleport them to her crazy demon dimension and then teleport from there to earth?

would that be possible?
    You mean the scientists? Not a good idea?
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 08-28-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think there are too many hints that this 10th life is still not the 'reality' that we all know. The question is how long will Hickman play in this world and then how does he bring it to merge with what we know, into Moira's maybe 11th life.
    I am coming around to a new idea. That this is the life we almost know. That 6 may have been continuity and 10 is new continuity. Slightly different but same shape and same key events. It is even possible that everything in PoX is from lifetimes 1-9 and Hox is Lifetime 10. Even the bits that seem to tell the same story.

Not really a retcon, just a transition.

I elaborated in a piece far too long to post here. Perhaps in the general thread.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I can't understand why some here seem to disagree with Xavier or Magneto.

If you had access to Moira's memories anyone would do the same thing. These characters are not the same Xavier and Erik we know they have countless lives of other futures in their minds and their current plan is their last attempt to avoid an apocalyptic future as Moira's lives are coming to an end (theoretically).

What did you expect them to do? Watching humans create a killer machine factory and the first Nimrod?

Of course Scott could not deny the mission.
    Honestly I think some people want their to be drama between Cyclops and Magneto/Xavier for literally no reason. It's like they want Cyclops to stamp his foot like a petulant child and assert some useless show of dominance.

But like? We don't have time for any of that if the X-Men don't take out this Mother Mold facility before Nimrod comes online it's game over for the mutant race.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman totally fanboyed Emma here

and the mum felt not deserved
    People refer to the Queen of England as 'mum', it's a thing so I guessed is meant to work on that level while alluding to their connection. It'd be weird to call her 'Ms. Frost' and them 'mum'.. too much dissonance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What do you mean "it occurred already"? The book isn't out yet.
    I said "...as gilo mention it" Read Gilo's post that I quoted. I was talking about those.

Spectacular Member

Well, as you all know by now, I'm not a fan of this reboot so far. The main problem we have is the one issue each week. I think if Marvel made it a one time big issue it would be a better choice but instead of that they decided the 6 issues! For me reading HoX is clear as it is but IMO, it could better as a one-shot story.

My theory after reading HoX 3 is we are seeing Moira's life 10 but it's not our current 616 iteration which is her 11th life.