Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The Creed thing is what, for me, takes all the credit away from the pod people theory.

No way anyone on the mutant leadership would waste their time bailing this guy if they can have a new one cloned by the end of the week and it's useless as a display of power
    But if they did that, than they'd have to Creeds running around, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was an error in the DC bc that doesnt match the girls in the issue announcing their names as Esme and Sophie

ETA, I see. The point still remains bc the last time Esme was around Emma, she tried to murder her. The only one that didnt have a tumultuous relationship with Emma was Sophie. The other 4 did
    Most of the cuckoos have a bad relationship with Emma and we have no idead who were these two on today issue.

Hickman screwed up the costumes from x-23 run

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    The Sabertooth subplot is clearly still going, and is clearly leading toward Mutant Court.

They're just saying they will judge Sabertooth, not the humans. He's going into the black area of Krakoa or something.
    This is what I am thinking. Nobody is standing up for Creed, so much as shutting down humans.

If Creed needs punishment, mutants will beat the Hell out of him. Not human law & imprisonment.

They left him in the chains. He'll probably be punished by Xavier or Magneto for screwing up.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-30-2019 at 08:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Ehhhhh, are you sure? It looks like you're kind of exaggerating here. Again, that scan shows how the Cuckoos usually act, even towards Emma, yes, they read a little hurt but nowhere as hostile as some of you make it sound.

Em no, they're using the same costumes from HoX #1, and both Sophie and Esme were wearing white during HoX #1, as shown in the previous scan. The one wearing black (who stood next to Magneto) is either Irma, Celeste or Phoebe, which is confusing since Esme was the one wearing black during X-23's solo, but as of now, she's wearing white.
    It's Irma mindee.
    Screenshot_20190829-030814.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    and you think they will judge him ?? Or will they simply return it to Krakoa where he can do whatever him please?
    They might decapitate him again.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Just a minor "nitpicking"... technically speaking, Moira X's mutant power is conscient self-reincarnation. That's my personal label to it.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman’s voice for the X-men was so boring and generic. He did great with Emma and Sabretooth but Jean, Angel, Paige, Monet? You could have swapped around their dialogue or brought in different characters. The interactions were so impersonal especially Scott and Jean.
    That was an issue with his Avengers as well, you felt like characters were fulfilling a purpose for the story rather than the story and the characters being intertwined as one. He had less issues in writing for the Fantastic Four due to their being less characters to deal with (and he made Reed the main character because he was the perfect way to fulfill his sci-fi premises).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    When you are dealing with what amounts to a race war and genocide that you didn't start, it kind of makes sense. They have tried to create independent nations before and the humans have done everything possible to stop them. For the longest time they tried the path of Xavier's dream, to no avail, the humans always rose up to try and destroy them. The other heroes barely give the mutants token support against the racism of the humans. Just recently the Avengers were providing security for a Purifier protest demanding that all mutants be eliminated.

So you have only one choice, the human race seeks your extinction, then the only option is war, there is no other path left. Now they aren't rushing into war, they are creating a strongly defended nation and seeing what happens politically with the humans next. This time the mutants have built a nation and they have real world political power, they have trade alliances, they have non-aggression pacts, they have peace treaties, they even have extradition treaties. Like the US for example, Krakoa has an extradition treaty with the United States that any and all mutants are to be transferred into the custody of the Krakoan government. Of course the US has every right to expel mutants under this treaty and they can choose to send all mutants to Krakoa.

but if mutants really are an evolution of humans, they should reject war, conflict and supremacy, since these attitudes are primitive, immoral.

BANNED

I don't find it generic, but YMMV. Monet came through, among others. What were Scott and Jean supposed to do, make out? They were on mission.

As for the Cuckoos, let's just be real: They are remembered largely through their association with Frost as her coterie. No one really cares about their developments in recent years, let alone cares much about the recent X-books. I have no problem believing they've made up in the timejump. They've always been more linked to her than not.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This is what I am thinking. Nobody is standing up for Creed, so much as shutting fown humans.

If Creed needs punishment, mutants will beat the Hell out of him. Not human law & imprisonment.

They left him in the chains. He'll probably be punished by Xavier or Magneto gor screwing up.
    Right.

My feeling is his subplot is leads us into the "dark twist" everyone's looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    But if they did that, than they'd have to Creeds running around, right?
    Yep, to "ressurrect" Creed he would need to die first. And Xavier want to use his bargain with humans to let mutants do missions without worrying about getting catch

Well, Emma did THAT. And Sabretooth himself was fun too. I just love the mutants having the upper hand and leaving filthy humans shook.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't find it generic, but YMMV. Monet came through, among others. What were Scott and Jean supposed to do, make out? They were on mission.

As for the Cuckoos, let's just be real: They are remembered largely through their association with Frost as her coterie. No one really cares about their developments in recent years, let alone cares much about the recent X-books. I have no problem believing they've made up in the timejump. They've always been more linked to her than not.
    I don't like when it happens "offpanel", too easy. It really breaks the story telling.

there is ways of showing personality without making out

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    There's no way this is 616

The X-Men going out their way to denote the scientists is against everything the X-Men are about
    it's been like this since around the Morrison era maybe starting with the run just before, X-men kills and mindrape, and I hate that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't like when it happens "offpanel", too easy. It really breaks the story telling.

there is ways of showing personality without making out
    I'm just curious, do you mean "making out" or "making up"?