Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default House of X #3 *spoilers*

The 1st act is Scott who assembled a team. They take a modified Shiar's plane from the Moon.
    Followed by Hickman's explanations as usual:
    1st it concerns the Sentinel and their evolution to Nimrod.
    2nd explanation is about what Moira IX discovered about Nimrod and what she did with Xavier to counter Nimrod's creation in her 10th life because it's apparently the biggest problem against mutants' supremacy.
    3rd explanation is Project ACHILLES a superhuman prison.

2nd act: the trial of Sabretooth in ACHILLES: he's rescued by Emma with 2 of the Stepford Cuckoos who call her "mom". She used the diplomatic immunity to save him.
    4th explanation from Hickman: this time he explains the process of human infection to transform into an Omega Sentinel.

3rd act: at the ORCHIS Forge: the human are surprised by the fact the X-Men knew what's going on. They send some Sentinels but they are destroyed by the Shiar's battle ship. Kurt teleports him in the base and see Karima and then returns to prevent his crew of the presence of an Omega Sentinel.
    They tried to enter by cutting through the hull of the station. One of the human we saw on the beginning sacrificies himself to stop them to enter and BOOM the X-Men are dead!
    5th explanation from Hickman(this guy is seriously crazy and you should know it by now): the Karakoan alphabet is given at the end fo this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    The 1st act is Scott who assembled a team. They take a modified Shiar's plane from the Moon.
    Followed by Hickman's explanations as usual:
    1st it concerns the Sentinel and their evolution to Nimrod.
    2nd explanation is about what Moira IX discovered about Nimrod and what she did with Xavier to counter Nimrod's creation in her 10th life because it's apparently the biggest problem against mutants' supremacy.
    3rd explanation is Project ACHILLES a superhuman prison.

2nd act: the trial of Sabretooth in ACHILLES: he's rescued by Emma with 2 of the Stepford Cuckoos who call her "mom". She used the diplomatic immunity to save him.
    4th explanation from Hickman: this time he explains the process of human infection to transform into an Omega Sentinel.

3rd act: at the ORCHIS Forge: the human are surprised by the fact the X-Men knew what's going on. They send some Sentinels but they are destroyed by the Shiar's battle ship. Kurt teleports him in the base and see Karima and then returns to prevent his crew of the presence of an Omega Sentinel.
    They tried to enter by cutting through the hull of the station. One of the human we saw on the beginning sacrificies himself to stop them to enter and BOOM the X-Men are dead!
    5th explanation from Hickman(this guy is seriously crazy and you should know it by now): the Karakoan alphabet is given at the end fo this issue.
    They called her mum. Like how people refer to the Queen of England

Hickman’s voice for the X-men was so boring and generic. He did great with Emma and Sabretooth but Jean, Angel, Paige, Monet? You could have swapped around their dialogue or brought in different characters. The interactions were so impersonal especially Scott and Jean.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oi, lass. You need to chill. I don't think it's 9am EST yet.
    "Cable was right!"

Probably my least favorite so far. The Orchis stuff was boring. Emma's scene was gold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman’s voice for the X-men was so boring and generic. He did great with Emma and Sabretooth but Jean, Angel, Paige, Monet? You could have swapped around their dialogue or brought in different characters. The interactions were so impersonal especially Scott and Jean.
    I thought he did great with Monet

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I didn't mention it because people should read and see by themselves.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oi, lass. You need to chill. I don't think it's 9am EST yet.
    In my country, it's 16:25 so...

It was a fine issue. Not mindblowing like previous two issues but I was happy finally to see X-Men. Liked that X-Men had a plan and were working as a team.
    Art is great as always. Larraz and Gracia are the perfect combo.

Monet for me was annoying. It would be better if she were replaced with Rogue.

Overall it was good but not as good as previous two HOX issues.

Xavier comes off as creepy. As does Magneto. They sound like religious zealots

He gets Jean. She sounds exactly like I imagine her to sound.

Nightcrawler at least acknowledging Karima was great
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-28-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I thought Emma was gold. Damn she had one Hell of a burn line to the female security guard. Everyone read fine, but we're still in set-up phase it seems.

I thought what little we saw of Monet was good. Unlike PAD's version, she actually seems intelligent & pragmatic. Rather than just wanting to rush in like a reckless mauler & getting killed a 3rd time.

But things are only just beginning to expand. I think this issue was better than the last four, but we won't see real action until next issue.

Far as character interaction, BC says HOX 4 will make us tear up (sad). So we'll see. But given the book and plot, I never expected there'd be much personal character work in terms of interactions. Given all the stuff to be set up. So the Wave books will probably be were the characters become more personable.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I thought Emma was gold. Damn she had one Hell of a burn line to the female security guard. Everyone read fine, but we're still in set-up phase it seems.

I thought what little we saw of Monet was decent. Unlike AD's version, she actually seems intelligent & pragmatic. Rather than just wanting to rush in like a reckless mauler & getting killed a 3rd time.

But things are only just beginning to expand. I think this issue was better than the last four, but we won't really see the action until next issue.

Far as character interaction, BC says HOX 4 will make us tear up (sad). So we'll see. But given the book and plot, I never expected there'd be much personal character work in terms of interactions.
    Yup Monet is teachers pet and is the intelligent one of that group

Spectacular Member

Bring in the Pod X-men. Everyone who has complained that the hate clones now will have to deal with it moving forward.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So does this mean Karima can't be cured from the Omega Sentinel nanobots?

I guess Creed getting off on diplomatic immunity means Trump sold out to the mutants.
    "Cable was right!"

We finally got some X-Men as promised but they barely interacted. The nameless humans got more panel time.