Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm glad they're back to being unidentifiable blondes.
    It brings home their initial iteration of being of one mind (my preferred iteration of the Cuckoos).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was issue #1. We are discussing #3 buddy

That was not Esme in today's issue. Esme has a black costume, distinct from the others. Esme, Sophie and Mindee were in #1. It makes sense that the two with Emma are the other ones, Celeste and Phoebe.
    These two are same cuckoos, BUDDY.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    These two are same cuckoos, BUDDY.
    No they are not. The Cuckoos may look alike but Esme has a different costume, one which was not worn by either Cuckoo today. She is the only one that can be definitely told apart from the others when not named and she wasnt in this issue

No they are not. The Cuckoos may look alike but Esme has a different costume, one which was not worn by either Cuckoo today. She is the only one that can be definitely told apart from the others when not named and she wasnt in this issue
    Sorry, but the one in the black costume in HoX #1 is Mindee. Yeah, I know. But you can read about it in HoX #1 director's cut. For all that we know, these can be any of the others. Am I leaning towards Esme and Sophie? Yes, but we don't know.

Amazing Member

The one in the black costume is Irma, not Esme. Read the script(director's cut).

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax
    Yeah, it's going to make people uncomfortable to see the X-Men they know and love operating with a more extreme unifying philosophy - and it should. For mutants to be different and feared this is how it looks. Morrison approached mutant ethos and culture in a similar way, except his mutantkind had not yet lived through the Decimation, House of M, O.N.E., AvX, the Inhumans and uhhh, Rosenberg's run. You should be unsettled. I'm unsettled by Scott's behavior, and the borderline suicide bomber ideology Xavier/Magneto preached. But I understood the motive, and find it provocative and interesting. I haven't been this interested in these books in 15 years.
    What makes me uncomfortable is that none of this was explained: how they went from benevolent 'freaks' to amoral extremists...
    The X-men have an history that is quite long actually. And now their attitude changes completely and there is no discussion between the X-men, they behave like like little soldiers, like they never did before (except maybe the very first X-men issues).
    All right, it's different but it could have been different with much more respect for previous work.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Oh,buddy.
    Screenshot_20190829-030713.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-030556.jpg
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 08-28-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    Was a good issue, but the attitude of Emma and the Cuckoos makes me doubt, they act as if they were of blue blood, and in addition Creed received zero karma in his judgment, that is, the mutants will judge his own? or as long as they don't kill mutants, is it okay to kill humans? Is it like ape doesn't kill ape?

if this were dc, the justice league would not have allowed it ha ha ha ha ha

In short, the attitude of some x-men seems a bit supremacist, as I see, sure humans may not be perfect, but mutants are far from have flaws. and have villains in their domain, which can take advantage of their diplomatic immunity to do what they please I consider it a serious mistake, it's like the cap was a partner of the red skull
    When you are dealing with what amounts to a race war and genocide that you didn't start, it kind of makes sense. They have tried to create independent nations before and the humans have done everything possible to stop them. For the longest time they tried the path of Xavier's dream, to no avail, the humans always rose up to try and destroy them. The other heroes barely give the mutants token support against the racism of the humans. Just recently the Avengers were providing security for a Purifier protest demanding that all mutants be eliminated.

So you have only one choice, the human race seeks your extinction, then the only option is war, there is no other path left. Now they aren't rushing into war, they are creating a strongly defended nation and seeing what happens politically with the humans next. This time the mutants have built a nation and they have real world political power, they have trade alliances, they have non-aggression pacts, they have peace treaties, they even have extradition treaties. Like the US for example, Krakoa has an extradition treaty with the United States that any and all mutants are to be transferred into the custody of the Krakoan government. Of course the US has every right to expel mutants under this treaty and they can choose to send all mutants to Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They were neither in good nor in bad terms. They helped her during Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men and then distanced herself from them. After that they followed separate lives but nothing seems to indicate animosity between them.
    They were clearly disturbed by Cyke dying and Emma's impersonation of him in Death of X, and later Emma's shenanigans in IvX.

Mind you, I'm not complaining Hickman is ignoring all that crap.

These girls were arguably the most hostile towards Emma save Magneto in ResurrXion. It did read as if they were over her
    Ehhhhh, are you sure? It looks like you're kind of exaggerating here. Again, that scan shows how the Cuckoos usually act, even towards Emma, yes, they read a little hurt but nowhere as hostile as some of you make it sound.

Em no, they're using the same costumes from HoX #1, and both Sophie and Esme were wearing white during HoX #1, as shown in the previous scan. The one wearing black (who stood next to Magneto) is either Irma, Celeste or Phoebe, which is confusing since Esme was the one wearing black during X-23's solo, but as of now, she's wearing white.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Sorry, but the one in the black costume in HoX #1 is Mindee. Yeah, I know. But you can read about it in HoX #1 director's cut. For all that we know, these can be any of the others. Am I leaning towards Esme and Sophie? Yes, but we don't know.
    There was an error in the DC bc that doesnt match the girls in the issue announcing their names as Esme and Sophie

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Ehhhhh, are you sure? It looks like you're kind of exaggerating here. Again, that scan shows how the Cuckoos usually act, even towards Emma, yes, they read a little hurt but nowhere as hostile as some of you make it sound.

Em no, they're using the same costumes from HoX #1, and both Sophie and Esme were wearing white during HoX #1, as shown in the previous scan. The one wearing black (who stood next to Magneto) is either Irma, Celeste or Phoebe, which is confusing since Esme was the one wearing black during X-23's solo, but as of now, she's wearing white.
    ETA, I see. The point still remains bc the last time Esme was around Emma, she tried to murder her. The only one that didnt have a tumultuous relationship with Emma was Sophie. The other 4 did
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-28-2019 at 02:20 PM.

There was an error in the DC bc that doesnt match the girls in the issue announcing their names as Esme and Sophie
    To me they look the same... The ones introducing themselves (as Esme and Sophie) are still wearing white, and even the same costume that they're using today.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    and you think they will judge him ?? Or will they simply return it to Krakoa where he can do whatever him please?
    No, I don't believe they gonn aput him in a judgement. They probably gonna use him again in a mission

BANNED

The Creed thing is what, for me, takes all the credit away from the pod people theory.

No way anyone on the mutant leadership would waste their time bailing this guy if they can have a new one cloned by the end of the week and it's useless as a display of power

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post

ETA, I see. The point still remains bc the last time Esme was around Emma, she tried to murder her. The only one that didnt have a tumultuous relationship with Emma was Sophie. The other 4 did
    And you don't know who called her mum.