Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default problems with Mr. Sinister being on Krakoa

This has bothered me from day one. I can see Xavier and the X-Men attempting to play nice with Magneto, Mystique, Exodus, the Hellfire Club, even Sabertooth as sociopaths have their uses. And, it's a stretch, but I can imagine the X-Men attempting some sort of an alliance with Apocalypse.

BUT NOT SINISTER.

I was reading the X-Men when Mr. Sinister was first introduced and he was like the ultimate bogey man! He was this cruel insidious presence whose reach extended all the way back to before X-Men #1. He massively fucked with Cyclops' life. He's the kind of guy who would saw off a child's skull and attach electrodes to his brain just to see what would happen. The only person I can compare him to is Josef Mengele the Nazi's angel of death. Sinister is a vile creature and I can't imagine the X-Men tolerating his presence on Genosha.

(Is Sinister even a mutant, anyways?)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Sinsiter is now a mutant and I think it's a case of keep a dangerous enemy close so they can keep an eye on him. They have info from Moira's other lives where Sinister caused Krakoa's downfall in a previous life.

Fantastic Member

one forgotten storyline that never really got a real conclusion was Neverland. haven't seen Hickman address it yet ... but sure it was mostly the Weapon X program but again look who was involved in Mutant Concentration Camps?

our old pal Sinister.

"Summers-senpai! Can I join your X-MEN team for a few issues?!"

"No."

"P-Please Scott-kun! I have mutant genes now! I can wear my underwear on the outside! We can get matching head condoms! I'll do anything!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sinister being on the Council is just about the only choice I find hard to swallow. I know the phrase is “keep your friends close and your enemies closer”, but one might think that the ruling council would be a little too close.

BANNED

Reminder that Sinister tampered with Xavier's dna as a child and has subconsciously influenced some of his decisions (like creating the XMen) for his whole life. The Fantomex mind swap could have potentially fixed that but since he seems to be back in his old body...

D69652E5-B263-4C00-BCB3-8DA10C2811B5.jpg
    Found iwjat you’re talking about

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Sinister being on the Council is just about the only choice I find hard to swallow. I know the phrase is “keep your friends close and your enemies closer”, but one might think that the ruling council would be a little too close.
    Wait, what? When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Same here. Plus there is no actual need of giving him political power. Apocalypse is Apocalypse lol he's a leader and he would request some power of course. Exodus has the Accolytes on his side which counts as a faction, plus he's been shown being a leader himself in the past. And I can see the villains following him or Apocalypse.

But Sinister? They don't need to give him a seat at all. He's only useful for the genetic catalogue (and I think that from now on the mutants have the means to continue cataloging by themselves). Only person worse than him on that council would be Selene (but she would also make more sense seeing her current Russian connections).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Same here. Plus there is no actual need of giving him political power. Apocalypse is Apocalypse lol he's a leader and he would request some power of course. Exodus has the Accolytes on his side which counts as a faction, plus he's been shown being a leader himself in the past. And I can see the villains following him or Apocalypse.

But Sinister? They don't need to give him a seat at all. He's only useful for the genetic catalogue (and I think that from now on the mutants have the means to continue cataloging by themselves). Only person worse than him on that council would be Selene (but she would also make more sense seeing her current Russian connections).
    More reason why Apocalypse and Exodus shouldn't have given seat in the council.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    More reason why Apocalypse and Exodus shouldn't have given seat in the council.
    You want to keep influential people and leaders of possible mutant factions on your side. Also, Apocalypse is friend with Krakoa apparently and they definitely do not want to get the Island mad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You want to keep influential people and leaders of possible mutant factions on your side. Also, Apocalypse is friend with Krakoa apparently and they definitely do not want to get the Island mad.
    They're not keeping them on their side. They're giving them power.

Giving prominent villains a seat means they have skin in the game and an interest in the prosperity of the state. This means they’re more likely to pursue their “special interests” through official rather than criminal channels, with the rest of the council holding things in check so it doesn’t go too far. Of course, Essex is as mad as a bag of cats, and that will be a problem, but he’s needed for his DNA database.

What is the alternative? Deny him a seat and put himself as Maleficent to curse the kingdom? They need his genetic data base. He is practically impossible to kill and if he feels offended he will not rest until he destroys or corrupts the database.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Giving prominent villains a seat means they have skin in the game and an interest in the prosperity of the state. This means they’re more likely to pursue their “special interests” through official rather than criminal channels, with the rest of the council holding things in check so it doesn’t go too far. Of course, Essex is as mad as a bag of cats, and that will be a problem, but he’s needed for his DNA database.
    What skin in the game? It's Sinister. He doesn't care about cultures or nations or people. All you need is him spending 5 minutes thinking "Hmmm, that's a good idea" to any of his batshit insane ideas that fly through his head for him to screw things all the way up.