Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I guess Creed getting off on diplomatic immunity means Trump sold out to the mutants.
    Never in my life. Not even as a child, did i believe you could NOT buy politicians. HOWEVER in todays climate i am like Duh....
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

All-New Member

I like this one.... there is no annoying Storm also which makes it 11/10

Karima is a plant by Xavier. The clue was there. Someone on Orchis alerted the X-men.
    Moira IX knew what Karima could become. It means Moira X, if smart, would have got to Karima first, eg our Karima. She's deep undercover for now.

BANNED

This was great! Loved the exchange between Scott and his dads. Both Charles and Erik are extra creepy in this and I love them for it.

Archangel, Monet and Husk barely mattered, but I enjoy that Hickman got everyone else right. Scott and Jean being more reasonable while Logan thinks ORCHIS is just a bunch of assholes sounds just right. Erasmus' death was a good moment, because it does show everyone there is still human
    Can't forgive genocide machines, but there's some human warmth there. Also the fact that they were caught in their own hubris and caught by surprise.
    9/10. Could use some more interpersonal moments, but great nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    We finally got some X-Men as promised but they barely interacted. The nameless humans got more panel time.
    Claremont tended to give nameless human a lot of exposure. Tyger Tyger and the Reavers were once upon a time nameless humans

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I thought it was good, just decompressed. A whole issue to get to the space station was a little much, but at least the Emma part kept it fun. We'll see how it goes, but Scott's choice of team members didn't strike me as particularly brilliant.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Karima is a plant by Xavier. The clue was there. Someone on Orchis alerted the X-men.
    Moira IX knew what Karima could become. It means Moira X, if smart, would have got to Karima first, eg our Karima. She's deep undercover for now.
    Didn't they get alerted by Sleeping Giant?

Yeah the hype for this event is slowly dying for me. I didn't enjoy that issue very much.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Erasmus is a total little ****. Here’s to hoping Logan guts his wife.

Do you guys think they're dead that easily? This team can survive a bomb.

Mighty Member

Meh to this whole issue.

Also, I swear to god, somebody needs to tell these writers stop with the 'Mutant name' ****.

It's so god damn pretentious, patronizing and disingenuous.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    You think so? At this point wouldn't she be served better by going full villain? I mean, as an X-man she's had very little to show for it. She's been so frequently abused, who could blame her?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Do you guys think they're dead that easily? This team can survive a bomb.
    Well yeah, they ain't dead. But how are they getting back to Krakoa?
    "Cable was right!"

Really good economy of dialogue in this. Cyclops relays orders by Logan, so you know they have a CO/Sergeant relationship (which makes a lot of sense). Hickman remembered that Monet is supposed to be smart, so she’s being Spock until super-punching is required. Kurt and Emma also have short but on-point and memorable appearances. I also feel like we got a decent feel for the humanity and desperation of the Orchis characters, misguided as their intent may appear, and an explanation of sorts for why Karima has accompanied them.

Even more than usual the data pages are more set dressing than vital to the story. I think this story had an almost early-Claremont feel, not least because of the space station setting being similar to the showdown with the X-Sentinals, but also in how the tactical situation is talked through by the characters rather than just having a big panel of characters trading blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well yeah, they ain't dead. But how are they getting back to Krakoa?
    They have back up probably. There's like ten teleporters available