Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly, from a in-world perspective, I wouldn't see the point of fighting evolution. The doctor/marine couple were planning to have kids? What were they going to do if they gave birth to a mutant?

Flatscans are silly.
    The issue with the evolution deal. How will Hickman explain Graydon? Two mutants that had a kid come out human? Do Creed x Mystique reverse the evolutionary process? lol Hmm. I could honestly see that, but on a serious note, things seemed more messy than mutants automatically being a new evolution of the specifies.

Unless Graydon (if he ever comes up again for whatever reason) is retconned as being a late-blooming mutant with a gene that took ages to activate.

krakoa is DANGEROUS, how will e-sports work in a world where the mutants use their powers to ruin game balance?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I have no idea or even interest Pretty sure Hickman would be more likely to build off of his F4 material for the Inhumans than get involved with the tangent that was created by the Faction debacle and everything that followed.

It would also be poetic for Hickman to use all the material Marvel paid Fraction for.
    all of the universal inhumans are dead including that hot centaurian and the cool kymellian and the crazy dire-wraith while nu-attilan is fine i think
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly, from a in-world perspective, I wouldn't see the point of fighting evolution. The doctor/marine couple were planning to have kids? What were they going to do if they gave birth to a mutant?

Flatscans are silly.
    Well evolution is a study of history, not the future. You don't know what the next stage of evolution of any species is going to be until the replacement already happened, or population numbers reach a certain irreversible turning point.
    Essentially stating that you know what comes next is stating you know the future. It's god-class hubris.

The humans of 616 clearly have different ideas about what happens next. They seem to believe that more mutants leads to a massive power shift between the species, and a nightmare scenario for the Earth/humans/most-of-the-population. They believe it can also lead to the destruction of the Earth/timeline/universe (?). Either way, they are not happy.

The fun thing about the story is that either side can be right. From the multiverse's perspective both sides can, and will, happen.
    Last edited by Runarc; 08-29-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

My whack-ass theory: The infiltration team died in the explosion. Sinister is on Krakoa and has a ton of Moira clones that were created at specific points where the X-Men could not afford to lose. They casually off the one that was decanted right before Scott's briefing, update the mission parameters, and save-scum to victory.

Also really curious what Orchis is up to on Mercury. The Sentinel drones there all seemed to be specced out for construction.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Also really curious what Orchis is up to on Mercury. The Sentinel drones there all seemed to be specced out for construction.
    Doctor Wily needs new Robot Masters for Rockman 12.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    My whack-ass theory: The infiltration team died in the explosion. Sinister is on Krakoa and has a ton of Moira clones that were created at specific points where the X-Men could not afford to lose. They casually off the one that was decanted right before Scott's briefing, update the mission parameters, and save-scum to victory.

Mining for resources....stuff to "feed" mother mold so she can "birth " litters of mastermolds
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I do t think they were prejudice. They would love a mutant child. I think they are super worried (as they have every right to be) about a new island nation full of walking talking WMDs that is pressuring other countries to let terrorist murderers and rapests go through fake diplomatic immunity.

I would want Mother Mold online.
    And I would oppose this kind of false equivalency in-universe the same way I oppose it in our society. Bigotry and tolerance are not equally moral positions. Judging and oppressing an entire group because of their worst members is objectively wrong. And working to eliminate a group of humans from existence is evil, even if they're different from you or they scare you. The human and mutant positions are not the same morally and the Orchis crew are evil monsters who need to be stopped. It's like when the NYT runs puff pieces that attempt to humanize racists because have families and jobs, as though somehow that balances things out.

It is a real problem in many western countries where white people believe they are being "supplanted" by other ethnicities. The Orchid people are afraid that their human child will be as mistreated as they did to the mutants because they cannot even consider another option.

When you are a bad person, everyone seems like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is a real problem in many western countries where white people believe they are being "supplanted" by other ethnicities. The Orchid people are afraid that their human child will be as mistreated as they did to the mutants because they cannot even consider another option.

When you are a bad person, everyone seems like you.
    You mean the white genocide isn't real!?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The issue with the evolution deal. How will Hickman explain Graydon? Two mutants that had a kid come out human? Do Creed x Mystique reverse the evolutionary process? lol Hmm. I could honestly see that, but on a serious note, things seemed more messy than mutants automatically being a new evolution of the specifies.

Unless Graydon (if he ever comes up again for whatever reason) is retconned as being a late-blooming mutant with a gene that took ages to activate.
    wouldn't surprise me in the least if Graydon were a mutant. he probably just had one of those useless powers that you'd have to discover by accident (like Eye-Scream). just the level of rage he displayed pointed to him being a "closet" mutant. could also be that it just skips a generation.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    And I would oppose this kind of false equivalency in-universe the same way I oppose it in our society. Bigotry and tolerance are not equally moral positions. Judging and oppressing an entire group because of their worst members is objectively wrong. And working to eliminate a group of humans from existence is evil, even if they're different from you or they scare you. The human and mutant positions are not the same morally and the Orchis crew are evil monsters who need to be stopped. It's like when the NYT runs puff pieces that attempt to humanize racists because have families and jobs, as though somehow that balances things out.
    The real world is NOTHING like the 616 mu. In the real world people hate fear and prejudge people for nothing... i see no prejudgeing here i see no one talking or planning to wipe out mutants...i see people reacting to threats...

They are even trying to NOT make psycho robots but instead a controlled defense force.

Magneto openly threatened countries..."you have new gods now"
    Sabertooth not only plead guilty to murder but threatened to kill the judge escape and do it again...

These are people...these are TERRIORISTS... if the heroes are standing with them, then they are on the wrong side...and YES people need to fear them.

This isnt "hey i dislike black live matter" this is "black lives matter has nukes and terrorists"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    outside of the bigotry issue, they were also creating the "race" of machines that would eventually supplant them (for good reason).

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    The real world is NOTHING like the 616 mu. In the real world people hate fear and prejudge people for nothing... i see no prejudgeing here i see no one talking or planning to wipe out mutants...i see people reacting to threats...

They are even trying to NOT make psycho robots but instead a controlled defense force.

Magneto openly threatened countries..."you have new gods now"
    Sabertooth not only plead guilty to murder but threatened to kill the judge escape and do it again...

These are people...these are TERRIORISTS... if the heroes are standing with them, then they are on the wrong side...and YES people need to fear them.

This isnt "hey i dislike black live matter" this is "black lives matter has nukes and terrorists"
    Not psycho robots, only genocidal robots, much better.

So Sophie and Esme are the 'tourguides of Krakoa' (seen in HoX1), Mindee the Assistant of Magneto and Phoebe and Celeste the assistants of mommy Emma?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Not psycho robots, only genocidal robots, much better.
    Please show me the panel i missed...everything they talk about is defensive not genocidal...they are not being agressive at all.