Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I was thinking... What if Mystique brought a Krakoan flower with her, and it ends up saving them but it ends in Orchiris' hands? Scott double checking if Raven had understood why they wouldn't bring flowers was kinda suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I wonder if there's any correlation between the Cuckoos calling Emma "mum" and Pyro calling Destiny mother.
    You always have the insight I lack bb
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Whew looks like im in the minority for now but i really enjoyed this. The Emma scene was everything i wanted and more. Love her (new?) dynamique with the cuckoos, everything about that interaction was defo a high light for me. Hickman did better with Kurt than all of gold and rosencanny in like 4 panels. I also like the fact that orchis isnt just nameless fodder or hyperbolically crazed zealots. It makes more sense at least from a modern stand point. SMART MONET!! oh and was it just me or was creed kind of badass? Probably just me from what ive seen other posters say but sue me i like how hickman writes him as a comic relief lump but also a lil fweaky

The only things i didnt vibe with was 1)not enough Husk but thats not really a knock on the book itsself because like what was these for her to do except punch people and we'll propos gets that next issue. And 2) i might lose my street cred for this but i feel like Jean's regressed as a character since Red-slash-disassembled ...dont get me wrong those were far from stellar but i like de how she was taking the reins and making the calls ya know? Now Scotts back and shes falling Behind him like that never happened and id rather they be side by side, real power couple shit. The fact that shes wearing her marvel girl costume again dosent help. Other than that great issue Hickmans got me whipped for real

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I was thinking... What if Mystique brought a Krakoan flower with her, and it ends up saving them but it ends in Orchiris' hands? Scott double checking if Raven had understood why they wouldn't bring flowers was kinda suspicious.
    That's where my head is too.

I liked it, bit much on the eetvup but is weekly so we will see if the pay off is worth it.

Loved the Emma scene
    Loved Kurt and Karima's interaction
    Loved that Xavier and Mags got very creepy.

Surprisingly liked this slower paced issue, the Emma scene was cool especially.

Astonishing Member

I think I like Karima as a villain
    She would be the biggest female villain

BANNED

PoX #4: "Something Sinister"

It was a prep issue, just like POX #2-- that it mirrors.

But Xavier, Erik and Scott dialogue was beautiful.

Like in HOX #1, mutant diplomatic approach seems very problematic.
    And the Cuckoos are involved again. Maybe there's a connection.

I couldn't stop thinking that a long distance teleporter and a magnetism manipulator would be very useful in the assault team.
    Last edited by Mutant X; 08-28-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well Shaw is still alive, and Emma is still the White Queen. So much for the canon of X-Men Black. Not that it was that great anyhow. lol But Emma's scene was a badass one. Not a fan, but even I have to give props there. Again, one Hell of a burn line to the female security guard.

"Normally, I'd dominate that mind of yours & make you stick that gun where your last boyfriend left you."

Damn, Frost really is cold. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    PoX #4: "Something Sinister"
    Awwwww Yeah here we go

I don't understand the criticisms of Archangel and Paige being "generic" when they have a line.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Whew looks like im in the minority for now but i really enjoyed this. The Emma scene was everything i wanted and more. Love her (new?) dynamique with the cuckoos, everything about that interaction was defo a high light for me. Hickman did better with Kurt than all of gold and rosencanny in like 4 panels. I also like the fact that orchis isnt just nameless fodder or hyperbolically crazed zealots. It makes more sense at least from a modern stand point. SMART MONET!! oh and was it just me or was creed kind of badass? Probably just me from what ive seen other posters say but sue me i like how hickman writes him as a comic relief lump but also a lil fweaky

The only things i didnt vibe with was 1)not enough Husk but thats not really a knock on the book itsself because like what was these for her to do except punch people and we'll propos gets that next issue. And 2) i might lose my street cred for this but i feel like Jean's regressed as a character since Red-slash-disassembled ...dont get me wrong those were far from stellar but i like de how she was taking the reins and making the calls ya know? Now Scotts back and shes falling Behind him like that never happened and id rather they be side by side, real power couple shit. The fact that shes wearing her marvel girl costume again dosent help. Other than that great issue Hickmans got me whipped for real
    Both Jean and Scott regressed. They are so obedient. Creepy Xavier sounded like he's setting them up to be martyrs and Scott had zero objections.

BANNED

This issue was ok.

I did like the Emma’s Scene, I’m glad she put that human in her place. Really not like they can stop her anyway. Also, I found it odd that they kept referring to themselves as their code names and corrected people if they ever used their real names. Like Emma telling Jasmine “It’s White Queen” or Jasmine correcting Emma that it’s not Creed it’s “Sabertooth”. I mean these Humans already know their real names and powers. But ok I guess.

I like the Team that was put together, but they rarely talked much. Too much Human Dialogue. This issue was almost like we should feel bad that they are being attacked by the X-Men. I have no sympathy for them. I only care about the Mutants.

Pro. X and Magneto seem like they are mind controlled. Somethings wrong there.

The issue wasn’t Bad. I liked it, but it wasn’t great like the others. I’d say this is the most boring One.

Yeah, Scott is so obedient. He should rebel against Xavier and oppose destroying the space base on which they build genocidal robots.

That will prove that he is an independent and wise leader. It is not as if the mutants had some method yet to be explained by which so many dead mutants are alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Both Jean and Scott regressed. They are so obedient. Creepy Xavier sounded like he's setting them up to be martyrs and Scott had zero objections.
    Right? Scotts reaction or lack thereof to what Xavier said was weird to me. Just another day at the office for him, getting martyred and all. The Scott and Jean we saw here are probably his pod kiddos come to think of it