Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

This is what happens when you take a Bible as Literature course.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Nice analysis. I always assumed the "seven seeds we planted" as in they planted 7 different Death Seeds but only Archangel hatched (since Oz says "of all the deaths we planted" later). But it could also mean there's more than 2 seeds.

Hickman did use Conquest as one of the Horsemen of Apocalypse in East of West. Disaster or Catastrophe could work also as one of the seeds since that would one aspect of the apocalypse that is lacking from the 4 horsemen.
    Well, the phrasing is "lord and master of the seven seeds, savior..." as a title for Archangel, and then "of all the deaths we planted" is a separate sentence. So they don't read as connected to me. And we do know that Remender imagined at least five seeds.

https://www.cbr.com/x-position-remen...anny-avengers/

Question: besides Death and Life seeds, are there War, Famine and Pestilence Seeds too?

Remender: Yes, in my mind there are seeds for the Pestilence, Famine and War personas as well.
    So, it's easy to assume that "the seven seeds" refers to seven different types of Seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This is what happens when you take a Bible as Literature course.

Well, the phrasing is "lord and master of the seven seeds, savior..." as a title for Archangel, and then "of all the deaths we planted" is a separate sentence. So they don't read as connected to me. And we do know that Remender imagined at least five seeds.

https://www.cbr.com/x-position-remen...anny-avengers/

So, it's easy to assume that "the seven seeds" refers to seven different types of Seeds.
    Oh he explicitly said that. I guess there are seven seeds then. Celestial Tech seeds make more sense and/or are more fascinating than just Apocalypse playing Mr.Sinister with some mutants.

Yeah, I like that it gives some specificity to the titles. It isn't that Apocalypse messes around with them and then assigns them names based on which one looks the most like a Death.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, I like that it gives some specificity to the titles. It isn't that Apocalypse messes around with them and then assigns them names based on which one looks the most like a Death.
    Which is kind of how writers have approached the thing in the past
    That one has claws - > War.

Apocalypse went out like a G. Just started reading this thingy and its pretty good so far. I hope the current marvel universe doesn't become the last life of Moria or something. I enjoy the X-men more when there backs are against the wall, and normal marvel has been boring for years imo.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Apocalypse went out like a G. Just started reading this thingy and its pretty good so far. I hope the current marvel universe doesn't become the last life of Moria or something. I enjoy the X-men more when there backs are against the wall, and normal marvel has been boring for years imo.
    Well Hickman has been mirroring himself in all previous issues. The future X-Men went out in dramatic fashion. Hopefully the current team fares better. The X-Men books haven't felt this unpredictable in years. The stakes are high.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Their backs are still against the wall, but now they're just pushing back.