Astonishing Member

Default Marvel Universe by Creator Omnibus you want to see

So Marvel has released creator themed omnibi for Chris Claremont, John Byrne, and Frank Miller. Since their most notable work has already been collected, these focus more on the short runs, single issues, and lesser know material of the creator. What other creators would you like to see get such treatment, and what material would you like covered?

My suggestions are:

Steve Gerber. His 70s Man-Thing and Howard The Duck runs have already been collected. But he has plenty of material that has not. In the 90s he did a 10 issue Foolkiller mini, a short run on She-Hulk, a Man Thing story from Marvel Comics Presents, created the character Poison in a Spider-Man annual and MCP serial, a Legion of Night mini and anthology story, plus single issues from the 70s.

Fabian Nicieza. His work on the X-men titles have been collected with a portion of his New Warriors run. I would like to see his Nomad run, Hawkeye series, Nova and Night Thrasher issues, and all the MCP stories, fill in issues, and Annual back ups collected. There's probably enough material for a couple of volumes.

Roger Stern. His Avengers, Doctor Strange, Captain America, and Spider-Man runs from the 80s have been mostly collected. Most of his 90s material has been uncollected or in smaller trades. The various mini for Captain America, Avengers, and Spider-Man could be collected into 1 volume along with various annuals and one shots.

Peter David. His Hulk run, Spider-Man 2099, and X-Factor material has been or is being collected. But his 80s Spider-Man stories have not. He has also done a number of fill in issues, back ups stories, along with a number of Wolverine issues. I think there's enough material here for an omnibus.

John Ostrander. He hasn't done as much work for Marvel as the others, but he has a couple of western minis, an 19 issue run on Punisher, and some X-Men related minis that could fill up a volume.

What are some other suggestions?
    Last edited by Rincewind; 08-28-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Didn't Ostrander also write the 90s Heroes For Hire?

I'm surprised they haven't done one for Bill Mantlo.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Didn't Ostrander also write the 90s Heroes For Hire?

I'm surprised they haven't done one for Bill Mantlo.
    Yes. I didn't include that since the series has been collected in 2 TPB.

For Bill Mantlo, his Hulk and Cloak & Dagger runs have been collected, while his Micronauts and ROM runs can't be reprinted due to rights. That leaves his Jack of Hearts stories, Rawhide Kide mini, and a lot of Marvel Fanfare, Premier, Preview, and other one off issues.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The completist in me would pick up an Alpha Flight by Bill Mantlo omni... even though his run is pretty polarizing, with some truly bad art thrown in there.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Probably Busiek - the early run on "Power Man & Iron Fist" (including the first known use of his author catchphrase "THAT WAS A MOMENT AGO"), fill-ins, that X-Men Christmas special from the early '90s and some of the later projects like Thor: Godstorm and the Defenders reboot with Erik Larsen and Jo Duffy. The Defenders in particular is something that probably wouldn't sell on its own but might do all right as part of a big package (which is part of the point of these collections).

If it's true that he wrote for Marvel under a different name, then I'd be interested in an omnibus that collects all the early works of Christopher Priest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If it's true that he wrote for Marvel under a different name, then I'd be interested in an omnibus that collects all the early works of Christopher Priest.
    He wrote under the name Jim Owsley. He did the Falcon min, several issues on the Spider-Man titles, and a lot of Conan material.