Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Telltale Batman is returning

https://www.cbr.com/telltale-games-r...wolf-among-us/

Well I for one am thrilled. Those games gave me my favorite version of Bruce Wayne and my favorite version of the Joker. Also happy about Wolf among us.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That's cool news! I enjoyed the games, though I wish they'd given a bit more Catwoman/Batman in the ending of the second game. And, of course, I'd love to see more Batfamily as well. But the Batman they did was really cool - loved his suit, and his storyline and relationships with Alfred, Lucius (SOB) and Tiffany were all pretty cool. Not to mention, of course, Selina!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Sweet.

Time to catch up/binge-play season 1/2.

What wonderful news.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm super hyped for Wolf Among Us, I've been waiting for season 2 for years.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm glad to see Telltale making a comeback, and I hope the new management can truly revive the company into a success again .

Not surprised they're going back to two of their most successful properties, both of which are DC related .

I wonder what they might do next for Telltale Batman. The only major villains they haven't done yet are Ra's, Ivy, Scarecrow, Croc, and I guess Mad Hatter?

And there's also stuff from season 2 that they have to resolve:

- Alfred leaving.

- Tiffany.

- Joker/John depending on the ending and which Joker you went with.

- The Catwoman relationship and whether she loves/hates you or not.

I'm not a gamer but I've wondered about the companion digital comic. Any opinions on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to see Telltale making a comeback, and I hope the new management can truly revive the company into a success again .

Not surprised they're going back to two of their most successful properties, both of which are DC related .

I wonder what they might do next for Telltale Batman. The only major villains they haven't done yet are Ra's, Ivy, Scarecrow, Croc, and I guess Mad Hatter?

And there's also stuff from season 2 that they have to resolve:

- Alfred leaving.

- Tiffany.

- Joker/John depending on the ending and which Joker you went with.

- The Catwoman relationship and whether she loves/hates you or not.
    Batman wasn’t successful at all, it was actually two of their biggest sales flops and partly why they went under.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Batman wasn’t successful at all, it was actually two of their biggest sales flops and partly why they went under.
    ...Huh. I thought season 2 sold fairly well, but I guess critical acclaim can kind of skew perception.

I don't think it bombed as much as the Guardians game did at least.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If we do get a third season I think they should do the same with Episode 1 that they did with Episode 5 of Enemy Within... make it two completely different openers based on whether Bruce sacrificed Batman or Alfred.

My idea is also that they have a different villain based on that choice - Poison Ivy if you gave up Batman and Scarecrow if you gave up Alfred. With the twist being that Pamela and Jonathan are step siblings in this universe. Dark parallels of each other.

Also bring back Harvey and Oswald. The final season can have a mass of villains with a big bad like Ras, Hush or the Court Of Owls controlling them. And the choices of romance between Selina, Avesta/Talia and maybe a new addition like Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They went under because they kept picking up licenses which tanked their finances and their big hope of GotG wasn't well received.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

iMan 42s

Telltale went under for a variety of reasons, Batman was only part of the problem.

Once they hit it big with The Walking Dead they went with a sort of "formula" for how their games work. It got stale pretty fast on top of an aging engine. See this wasn't a problem early on after TWD, but if you played one Telltale game since you've pretty much played them all. Telltale also picked up various licenses that didn't sell, chief among them was Wolf among us. It may have clout among people like us but to a general audience it just can't meet expectations. Telltale would also go on a massive hiring spree which was intended to boost production but they then had to train people on an aging proprietary engine. This didn't work. You also had breaches of contract with leaks and at the end of the day not having enough money to keep the lights on as sales kept declining. Ultimately they relied on venture capital to save them and next thing we know when the meetings failed everyone had half an hour to get out of the building.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Also bring back Harvey and Oswald. The final season can have a mass of villains with a big bad like Ras, Hush or the Court Of Owls controlling them. And the choices of romance between Selina, Avesta/Talia and maybe a new addition like Zatanna.
    Penguin I think is the most likely since nothing really determinate happens to him compared to other characters like Two-Face.

He gets his leg broken either route you go in.

Don't really give a damn. Most Telltale "games" are not really games so much as interactive movies where none of your choices really matter. For all that I loathe "Detroit: Become Human" at least there your choices actually made an impact on the overall story. And the writing is flat-out atrocious.

I'd much rather know what WB is planning to do with the Arkham license, in terms of Batman games.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

I'd introduce Barbara. Could have interesting choices between Bruce and Commissioner Gordon.