Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It should be noted that this new Telltale doesn't actually have any staff yet, so they are essentially a whole new developer right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Telltale went under for a variety of reasons, Batman was only part of the problem.

Once they hit it big with The Walking Dead they went with a sort of "formula" for how their games work. It got stale pretty fast on top of an aging engine. See this wasn't a problem early on after TWD, but if you played one Telltale game since you've pretty much played them all. Telltale also picked up various licenses that didn't sell, chief among them was Wolf among us. It may have clout among people like us but to a general audience it just can't meet expectations. Telltale would also go on a massive hiring spree which was intended to boost production but they then had to train people on an aging proprietary engine. This didn't work. You also had breaches of contract with leaks and at the end of the day not having enough money to keep the lights on as sales kept declining. Ultimately they relied on venture capital to save them and next thing we know when the meetings failed everyone had half an hour to get out of the building.
    A pity, because that one was pretty good (for someone who had read the comics). The Borderlands one too, was cool. But you're right, they're what they're: graphic adventures (almost interactive fictions) cut from the same cloth.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-05-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm not a gamer but I've wondered about the companion digital comic. Any opinions on that?
    FWIW, Telltale Batman requires very little experience with video games, there are very few gameplay related challenges and is more like an interactive film or comic book. If you enjoyed the companion comic I'd definitely recommend giving the game a try.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    FWIW, Telltale Batman requires very little experience with video games, there are very few gameplay related challenges and is more like an interactive film or comic book. If you enjoyed the companion comic I'd definitely recommend giving the game a try.
    I've never played the game, I don't even have one of the modern systems (my last game system was the Gamecube), so this is the first I'm hearing of any tie-in comic. How good was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've never played the game, I don't even have one of the modern systems (my last game system was the Gamecube), so this is the first I'm hearing of any tie-in comic. How good was it?
    The tie-in comic is pretty good but not exceptional, a solid 7.5 out of 10. It's set after season 1 but before season 2 and is Batman versus Deadshot.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Eh. I was looking forward to making my own choice as Bruce Wayne that affect the story but if it's still Telltale branded Nothing Matters game I'm not playing

I remember enjoying my time with the first two seasons, for what it's worth. I'll keep an open mind.

I'm so happy for this news. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Eh. I was looking forward to making my own choice as Bruce Wayne that affect the story but if it's still Telltale branded Nothing Matters game I'm not playing
    Did you play any of the Arkham games? Those didn't have choices that mattered either, but still amazing experiences.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It should be noted that this new Telltale doesn't actually have any staff yet, so they are essentially a whole new developer right now.
    Yes this.