Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Congrats kai

MRP, thanks for the vote; and Javasaurus, thanks for the honorable mention

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I LOVE Mike's Newsstand. There's a lot of information about creators as well as the mapping of appearances for characters to find where they appeared previously or next. I hear it's very possible to get lost in the site for hours on end. Not that I'd know anything about that.
    Yes, Mike's character appearance feature is great, a huge help for research (or just to satisfy plain old curiosity). And Mike's Cover gallery is so much sleeker than, say, the GCD's, where there are several pages of covers (depending on the series of course)...as opposed to Mike's where a series' covers are displayed all on one page. It's such a wonderfully designed site, very user-friendly.

I know some years ago Mike announced he would no longer be updating his site, so it contains some creator credits that have since been disproved or disputed (so for this I will check the GCD if I can't identify an artist), but even so, Mike's is pure gold.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations, Kai!

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    This was the first times I looked at the cover contest thread or took part in it. I enjoyed it.

Congrats to Kai the spy on the win. I loved his cover. Godzilla is always the King.
    Glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes I learn things about comics by joining in the fun. I hope you stick around for the fun of the next contest

Yay, Kai the Spy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Congratulations Kai and thanks to Tami for the vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'm shocked they were both no-shows in this thread theme.
    Although not sure it will serve to deflate either of their giant heads.
    Oooh, this one too:

My apologies to those who cannot unsee it.

And here's a classic (non-Modok) from Byrne:
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I honestly thought we would see more of the Marvel 25th anniversary covers from '86 when I came up with the topic. I knew DC had also done a headshot cover month in the 90s, but Marvel got there first with the 25th anniversary covers, and I was worried a lot of entries would just be from those two cover events...

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The cover I wish I had remembered earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I honestly thought we would see more of the Marvel 25th anniversary covers from '86 when I came up with the topic.
    I did consider choosing one instead of She-Hulk and then felt that someone else would remember those but nobody did.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

I honestly thought we would see more of the Marvel 25th anniversary covers from '86 when I came up with the topic. I knew DC had also done a headshot cover month in the 90s, but Marvel got there first with the 25th anniversary covers, and I was worried a lot of entries would just be from those two cover events...

-M
    Mine was a parody of those, so... close enough?

Congratulations Kai!
    Thanks for the vote CaptainCleghorn!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Mine was a parody of those, so... close enough?
    Oh I recognized that, and got a good chuckle from it, but many times the entries in the contests skew Marvel heavy, and I guess that just informed my expectations. I am glad there was actually more variety in the entries, as what I love about these contests is discovering covers I have never seen before as well as revisiting old favorites.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Oh I recognized that, and got a good chuckle from it, but many times the entries in the contests skew Marvel heavy, and I guess that just informed my expectations. I am glad there was actually more variety in the entries, as what I love about these contests is discovering covers I have never seen before as well as revisiting old favorites.

-M

I love it when I'm surprised by the entries. Ya'll have great taste in comics! It's great to see a variety.

I just noticed, none of the covers show winking.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I just noticed, none of the covers show winking.
    Interesting! And now that I think of it, the only dual identity cover we had was the one I posted.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Belated congrats Kai

and thanks seismic-2 for the vote.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.