Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What's funny is that, given the sliding timeline, almost none of the current heroes were even active during the year 2000. Yes, technically, many of them are millennials...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's funny is that, given the sliding timeline, almost none of the current heroes were even active during the year 2000. Yes, technically, many of them are millennials...
    If we talk about sliding timelines, then we have to talk about all the times when the world was supposed to be badly damaged and it didn't happen. But hey, guess they were averted by our heroes. I think we have a big nuclear war coming up in the mid 21st century, though? Maybe referenced in Booster Gold or 1990 Time Masters or something from around that era? But that happens with very long-running fictional universes. Star Trek's Eugenics wars are lost-past and its WW III should be starting within a decade.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    If we talk about sliding timelines, then we have to talk about all the times when the world was supposed to be badly damaged and it didn't happen. But hey, guess they were averted by our heroes. I think we have a big nuclear war coming up in the mid 21st century, though? Maybe referenced in Booster Gold or 1990 Time Masters or something from around that era? But that happens with very long-running fictional universes. Star Trek's Eugenics wars are lost-past and its WW III should be starting within a decade.
    Yeah, ST might have been better off to project itself a full millennium into the future (or even two), with the idea The Federation's Earth rebuilt from barbarity after a complete catastrophe much further down the road. But then, nobody expected it to have the kind of legs it turned out to possess when they were worried about budget for enough christmas lights for next week's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Amazons Attack, Last Laugh, and Genesis would like to have a conversation with you...
    I think I enjoyed the first 2 issues of Amazon Attack before it became complete crap. I can't say I really enjoyed any Millenium issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    This has to be the worst DC event. I can't even think of one that is worse.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Just finished reading it and it ceartanly was a tiresome experience. Ridiculously story and mediocre art. The fact that three out of the four major events of the story happen to take place in the tie-ins makes me imagine that back on the day this crossover must not have been well received.
    Last edited by Charlus; 03-31-2020 at 10:51 AM.

I re-read Millennium a year or so ago and found it as tedious as it was the first time around. It seemed like more was happening in the titles that were "crossing over" with it than in Millennium itself.

I heard about it and was curious enough to read back issues a few years ago. I read Booster Gold before I read Millennium, the tie in stuff has some of the same strengths and weaknesses as the main title. Some things make no sense (Dirk being the Manhunter) while other bits need more issues to understand better. At first I thought Booster might have been overreacting about how the heroes treated him but after reading Millennium? Yeah, his reaction is perfectly warranted.

The main story isn't great without the tie ins, it would be missing huge chucks of the plot. You'd get a character being at point A in one issue and when you see them again you'd wonder how they ended up at point G. It did have some funny moments although some of them might have been unintentional, like Diana attempting to explain what she did in her tie in material and Batman screaming that he didn't want to hear about it. You really got the impression Bruce was getting more and more annoyed as the event went on.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    But what if...
    The timeline can slide the other way, depending on what you read?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Felt it started off okay and quickly nose dived.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    But what if...
    The timeline can slide the other way, depending on what you read?
    You mean like the X-Men movies?