Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I was thinking less this version of Joker vs that Batman and more movies leading up to a Crisis on Infinite Earths. It'd be weird for this Joker to hop universe to duke it out with Pattinson's Batman in whatever universe that takes place in (main DCEU???).
    Are you saying a joker more like telltale batman? depending on what you pick will be better for Rob Pattinson's The Batman.

Phoenix joker is already crazy, maybe even more than Heath Ledger's Joker. if he crosses path with Rob's batman than I would prefer for the Joker in rob's batman to be more sane and more on partial friendly terms like the telltale good choice options to Rob's batman.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-13-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Are you saying a joker more like telltale batman? depending on what you pick will be better for Rob Pattinson's The Batman.

Phoenix joker is already crazy, maybe even more than Heath Ledger's Joker. if he crosses path with Rob's batman than I would prefer for the Joker in rob's batman to be more sane and more on partial friendly terms like the telltale good choice options to Rob's batman.
    ...no?

I think you got confused when I said shared multiverse - not the same thing as shared universe. Shared universe is like the MCU, all characters the same. Shared multiverse means not all films exist in the same universe, but you can do multiverse shenanigans like Crisis on Infinite Earths if you want. Get it? Multiverse theory! Red Son Superman, Gotham by Gaslight, All Star Superman, Dark Knight Returns, all exist in different universes but same DC Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...no?

I think you got confused when I said shared multiverse - not the same thing as shared universe. Shared universe is like the MCU, all characters the same. Shared multiverse means not all films exist in the same universe, but you can do multiverse shenanigans like Crisis on Infinite Earths if you want. Get it? Multiverse theory! Red Son Superman, Gotham by Gaslight, All Star Superman, Dark Knight Returns, all exist in different universes but same DC Multiverse.
    I think I perfectly understood you, I already said they can do a multiverse on this thread even naming the multiverse of marvel and DC. unless I am wrong but when you say multiverse you mean alternative realities that make up the multiverse and sometimes they can all meet or crash land to another reality. Like in the marvel universe when Nate grey from earth 295 crashed landed to earth 616 only to dicover Cable is a version of himself but different. this occurs in the marvel multiverse.

so you can have various versions of the joker, one good in an alternate reality one bad in another reality. let's just assume DC is bluffing and pheonix's joker crash lands to rob's batman universe as a crazed joker, that would be fine for me as long as the joker in Rob's Batman own universe is not like the Phoenix's joker from Phoenix's own universe.

the concept of a multiverse was to always explore a what if scenario with characters. if you want a GOOD multiverse, As a writer you are advised to not make the same character identical to the other, reason i brought up telltale joker who is good in that game reality to most and if not all jokers that are bad in the other DC series.

I know MCU is a shared verse who wants to use DR Strange to introduced a Multiverse concept. Good luck to them.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-13-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I think I perfectly understood you, I already said they can do a multiverse on this thread even naming the multiverse of marvel and DC. unless I am wrong but when you say multiverse you mean alternative realities that make up the multiverse and sometimes they can all meet or crash land to another reality. Like in the marvel universe when Nate grey from earth 295 crashed landed to earth 616 only to dicover Cable is a version of himself but different. this occurs in the marvel multiverse.

so you can have various versions of the joker, one good in an alternate reality one bad in another reality. let's just assume DC is bluffing and pheonix's joker crash lands to rob's batman universe as a crazed joker, that would be fine for me as long as the joker in Rob's Batman own universe is not like the Phoenix's joker from Phoenix's own universe.

the concept of a multiverse was to always explore a what if scenario with characters. if you want a GOOD multiverse, As a writer you are advised to not make the same character identical to the other, reason i brought up telltale joker who is good in that game reality to most and if not all jokers that are bad in the other DC series.

I know MCU is a shared verse who wants to use DR Strange to introduced a Multiverse concept. Good luck to them.
    Yes - but I would probably neither want nor expect Phoenix's Joker to come across Rob's Batman, no matter what the multiverse shenanigan. I never played the Telltale game, but another version of good Joker in the multiverse appears in the comic The White Knight, which was pretty good and an excellent example of what can be explored in a multiverse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is anyone else not really excited about this movie? i don't know if i'm experiencing burn out or not. but i just can't get excited for this knowing that it doesn't tie into the DCU's overall (and really awful) shared universe plan. this seems so unessential now.
    Count me as another uninterested CBM fan. I'm sure this movie is going to kill it in the theatre but I'll wait for a digital download or something. No interest in watching villain origin movies, especially those that won't have any big budget action sequences or special effects. Joker reminds me of the character Michael Douglas played in Falling Down. Another person victimized by society and ends up losing it.

That trailer looks phenomenal. Can't wait for this.

Mighty Member

is anyone else not really excited about this movie? i don't know if i'm experiencing burn out or not. but i just can't get excited for this knowing that it doesn't tie into the DCU's overall (and really awful) shared universe plan. this seems so unessential now.

You would have to pay me to watch it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Watching the Joker trailers before Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood and It Chapter Two were a blast. I liked Phoenix the last time I watched him in a gritty movie in theaters. I don't expect a lot of mainstream Gotham continuity building stuff knowing Birds of Prey and Matt Reeves Batman are around the corners, I don't feel studio marketing has been trying to deceive me, and I don't feel I have to compare this to the Jokers I already watched and read, Killing Joke especially.

I think I'm more than good and ready to go.

it'd be the smarter play. but i have no faith that they are going in that direction. it's just a very untidy property at the moment. i probably would look upon this more favorably if they had just decided to scrap the shared universe idea altogether. but i just sat through that forced Harley Quinn trailer before seeing IT 2. how does that work if they are rebooting Suicide Squad? i shouldn't have to think about this stuff.
    Then don't.
    but, realistically, he should. even if you were split all of DC into their individual character properties, Joker clearly belongs in the batverse. he isn't Deadpool. he is defined by his archenemy; the Batman.
    Movie audiences don't care about this stuff nearly as much as comic fans do. If they see this movie and like it, they won't care about whether or not Batman is in it or if he'll eventually meet this version of the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Agreed. I think this could even top Logan as an art study film. the content of the film looks strong enough. What interests me most would be to see the transformation of Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Count me as another uninterested CBM fan. I'm sure this movie is going to kill it in the theatre but I'll wait for a digital download or something. No interest in watching villain origin movies, especially those that won't have any big budget action sequences or special effects. Joker reminds me of the character Michael Douglas played in Falling Down. Another person victimized by society and ends up losing it.
    You hit the nail on the head. The movie is not meant to appeal to people like you, that was what Toad was going for.

https://batman-news.com/2019/09/11/j...#disqus_thread

Toad wanted something entirely different to the big budget action sequences or special effects. I think we have had enough of that too. there are hardly any compelling stories in those type of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then don't.

Movie audiences don't care about this stuff nearly as much as comic fans do. If they see this movie and like it, they won't care about whether or not Batman is in it or if he'll eventually meet this version of the Joker.
    For MOST comic book characters, I would agree with that. But even a casual movie goer will know Joker is the arch enemy of Batman. They may not lose sleep over whether or not him and Joker will meet, but it's entirely possibly they will wonder about it.

Really, that's the point of using Joker. If they didn't want to explot that they could have simply invented some random character who.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For MOST comic book characters, I would agree with that. But even a casual movie goer will know Joker is the arch enemy of Batman. They may not lose sleep over whether or not him and Joker will meet, but it's entirely possibly they will wonder about it.

Really, that's the point of using Joker. If they didn't want to explot that they could have simply invented some random character who.
    They might wonder about it but not enough for it to be a factor in whether or not they purchase a ticket.

- https://www.cbr.com/jojo-rabbit-beat...ampaign=CBR-TW

Jojo Rabbit Beats Out Joker To Win TIFF's People's Choice Award
    After winning the Golden Lion Prize at the 76th Venice International Film Festival there were high exceptions for Todd Phillips' Joker. However, the film didn't place in the People’s Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival, with Noah Baumbach’s Marriage Story taking first runner-up and Bong Joon-ho’s Parasite as second runner-up.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    What's that saying. its an honor to be nominated. As long as all the nominees were given on merit.

Yea and dont forget in order for it to be on Merrit It has to be a movie he likes and it cant be a "Black" movie. Otherwise theres no merrit apparently.

Anyway geez didnt realize how long we still have to wait for the movie, for some reason thought it was coming out like now.. excited for the movie though.