Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I hope that the film is commercially successful, but I wonder what this means for comics-adaptations in the future, whether they will veer back to the Nolan style of more "realism" and dramatically less spectacle.
There is room with in the genre for more Joker style movies but it has to be a character by character thing and story by story thing. Superman (MoS and Batman V Superman) and Spiderman( Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2) sunk themselves taking on that tone and nobody goes into Spiderman/Superman for it to bring them down. If you take a look at character or story calls for a take like that then they should go in that direction but most people tend want to be uplifted or spectacle from their Superheroes movies. I don't think genre is going to veer back to Nolan/Snyder style especially with Superhero deconstruction style stories like The Boys on Amazon, HBO Watchmen series, Umbrella Academy or Jupiter Legacy on Netflix. Plus they are stuff like Titans around as well,I think the TV/Streaming is going to provide enough of superhero takes like that (hey it is cheaper as well) I think movies are going stick in the big spectacle special effect stuff and lighter stories with occasional a smaller budget project like Joker.