Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Except for that "Bat Girl" never actually gets shot by the Joker in Batman: The Killing Joke. As other folks have mentioned, there was no Bat Girl to be shot when it was published. The Joker shot Barbra Gordon.

There is nothing "Cat And Mouse..." about pointing out that it is kind of hard to have any sort of a legitimate discussion of a serious film and if it is a worthwhile adaptation of the book Batman: The Killing Joke when it feels a lot like we are discussion the clearly lesser animated film version of the work.

The quality of the eventual Joker film is a separate discussion from if the film does a worthwhile version on adapting any part of Batman: The Killing Joke.

It is almost impossible to go into the merits of what it has adapted if someone is talking in terms of the film version that is dicey when it comes to the source material.
    Like I said, its cat and mouse, When I said batgirl I was saying Barbra ofcourse, they are interchangeable as you can see I mentioned Jim Gordon, her dad, maybe we can still be playing the cat and mouse again by you asking me what joker did to him that was so cruel and when I give an answer you could interpret it as something else.

if I say doomsday killed clark kent, many will still know it means doomsday killed superman. if I said Bane broke bruce's back, it still means batman's back was broken by Bane.

what i see here is the fake backlash push that the MCU shill media are still pushing. These are the same people that will defend how Thor is getting very disrespected compared to his source material.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-09-2019 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED

Some people have really let their hatred of a particular film franchise impact their lives in a really negative way, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Like I said, its cat and mouse, When I said batgirl I was saying Barbra ofcourse, they are interchangeable as you can see I mentioned Jim Gordon, her dad, maybe we can still be playing the cat and mouse again by you asking me what joker did to him that was so cruel and when I give an answer you could interpret it as something else.

if I say doomsday killed clark kent, many will still know it means doomsday killed superman. if I said Bane broke bruce's back, it still means batman's back was broken by Bane.

what i see here is the fake backlash push that the MCU shill media are still pushing. These are the same people that will defend how Thor is getting very disrespected compared to his source material.
    As someone who was reading oracle not batgirl as babs when i first started (in early 90s around knightfal ) can i just say me and my friend always refer to joker shooting and crippling batgirl...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    As someone who was reading oracle not batgirl as babs when i first started (in early 90s around knightfal ) can i just say me and my friend always refer to joker shooting and crippling batgirl...
    thanks. lol

How many Robbins have we had?

Dick Grayson
    Jason Toad
    Tim Drake
    Damien Wanye

You can refer to any of these guys as robin and no one will blink an eye. batgirl and robin are titles, mantles as they say in the batman universe.

Honestly for me it was just a sign of how people want this movie to have a backlash. meh, Not falling for it.

I know a lot of people are mentioning that the Talk show stuff is kind of similar to Dark Knight Returns, but also does anybody remember Joaquin's bizzare PR stunt from around a decade ago on Letterman?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Film has 86% on RT and some big reviewers hated the film! Others liked it. It is not getting praise with every critic some torn the film apart! Some call it a taxi driver rip-off! Other critics loved it and said it's great but some fear people may copy it in real life!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/joker_2019

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Film has 86% on RT and some big reviewers hated the film! Others liked it. It is not getting praise with every critic some torn the film apart! Some call it a taxi driver rip-off! Other critics loved it and said it's great but some fear people may copy it in real life!

Taxi Driver and King of Comedy are the biggest reference points I've seen mentioned so far. How much of Joker is inspiration vs. homage vs. ripoff vs. whatever other terms are used for similarly themed movies seems to vary based on the reviewer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

It was getting a 77% when I checked tonight. Wonder where it will end up. The standing ovation, 10/10 reviews made me think this would be a shoe-in for 90%+.

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    It was getting a 77% when I checked tonight. Wonder where it will end up. The standing ovation, 10/10 reviews made me think this would be a shoe-in for 90%+.
    78% RT is the score for Greenbook

72% RT for Forrest Gump

RT are just numbers since even crap movies can get a good number for being crap.

The content aka what's in the movie is where to find how good is the quality of the film. this is where the oscar talk must be coming from the joker , the right way to measure movies. it has never been about RT numbers, that is truly an mcu thing only.

See the RT for Deadpool and GOTG 2. GOTG 2 is actually rated higher but the content of the film is very poor compared to deadpool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    78% RT is the score for Greenbook

72% RT for Forrest Gump

RT are just numbers since even crap movies can get a good number for being crap.

The content aka what's in the movie is where to find how good is the quality of the film. this is where the oscar talk must be coming from the joker , the right way to measure movies. it has never been about RT numbers, that is truly an mcu thing only.

See the RT for Deadpool and GOTG 2. GOTG 2 is actually rated higher but the content of the film is very poor compared to deadpool.
    Reviewers definitely scale based on the type of movie

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Reviewers definitely scale based on the type of movie
    It's a new thing. started about 5-8 years ago. it has harmed movies in the long haul. Once upon a time reviewers never cared for the movie type, Comic films were jugged the way they judged their Oscar bait movies. Main reason, I once said you can't compare the comic films reviews from 13-19 years ago to now. call it the batman and robin effect but at least it made comic films a lot better as serious movies. We are definitely not in that era anymore.

I found DC shazam quite disappointing for a DC film but 90% of critics like it because its like an MCU movie and its fun and light. yeah, its now more about type of movie not film making quality like Batman Begins of 2005 that 84% critics liked. Things have changed for the worse.

I have seen two negative unnecessary articles about this movie.

First from entertainment weekly that has refused to grade the movie because its a bit too much. I hope this person is not getting paid since he is not doing his job well.

https://ew.com/movie-reviews/2019/09/10/joker-review/

And Screenrant, who are ranting about how the RT is dropping. this site is more obsessed with RT than quality.

https://screenrant.com/joker-rotten-...-tiff-reviews/

It's deadpool again so that is fine. Deadpool got a lower score than both Civil War and DR strange in 2016 but picked every major Hollywood nomination and was only denied oscars because it was more of a comedy. Logan however not being a comedy got a major nomination even though both deadpool and logan had the same qualty film making input because the oscars have biases to comedy, comic movies , action movies and sci fi. Joker been a drama will help a lot too and I don't mean just crap awards that many times have no credibility, I mean the style of movie will get praise from many older comic fans and other film makers.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-13-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Well, a reviewer named David Edelstein just compared the Joker to the Nazis.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Seems it could be interesting but highly questionable if it has anything to do with the comic book character or the DCEU. Maybe if there was even one scene indicating he becomes that character.

There's no question everything about the trailer makes the character sympathetic. The non-parent who tells him to stop "bothering" her child because he's making the child laugh and the mother doesn't want the noise and wants to ignore the job of being a parent herself makes him sympathetic right there.

They have freedom to do anything they want here because it's already established that the Jared Leto Joker is a separate version and the DCEU version. As others have said, it will probably be one of those movies I watch once, think is fantastic, but never watch again because it's too sad and not junk food.
    Then again, I'll probably like it more than the DCEU Joker.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 09-11-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't think that's the point. It's a connection to Arendt's ideas of evil as banality.

It is interesting that many mainstream reviewers are throwing cold water on the early reviews of this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

Well WB is trolling the crap out of him