Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Projecting confidence.
    I tend to see movies keeping the media away as projecting a lack of confidence. That means they're basically expecting the media to tear into them.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I tend to see movies keeping the media away as projecting a lack of confidence. That means they're basically expecting the media to tear into them.
    As somebody who gets paid to occasionally watch these movies and make comments about them ... you would not believe how often studios send out screenings late.

Happened to all the new DCEU movies, every Harry Potter after the first one, and all the LotR movies ... it does happen.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    As somebody who gets paid to occasionally watch these movies and make comments about them ... you would not believe how often studios send out screenings late.

Happened to all the new DCEU movies, every Harry Potter after the first one, and all the LotR movies ... it does happen.
    Harry Freaking Potter???? Oh, this is so funny now I think of it after how many years now? I remember when some called for harry potter specifically to be banned because it automatically introduced people especially kids to occultism. that kind of seems like an atom to how people are thinking joker will make people shoot people in mass proportions.

This hysteria is fake and God Forbid should anything happen, I will blame the media for pushing this nonsense narrative about the joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Harry Freaking Potter???? Oh, this is so funny now I think of it after how many years now? I remember when some called for harry potter specifically to be banned because it automatically introduced people especially kids to occultism. that kind of seems like an atom to how people are thinking joker will make people shoot people in mass proportions.

This hysteria is fake and God Forbid should anything happen, I will blame the media for pushing this nonsense narrative about the joker.
    In this case I'm not sure the media,can be faulted. If the military is issuing any sort of warning, then from their perspective that becomes a legit issue to cover.

Yeah it’s not like this country already has a problem with loner incels becoming mass shooters as a way of getting back at a world they believe has wronged them. Oh wait.

It's not lack of confidence. They just didn't want the media to tear into them. They knew all the media would want to talk about is if the actors and production people think the movie will incite violence.
    And WB didn't want to put their people on the spot and ruin what would be an otherwise happy the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's not lack of confidence. They just didn't want the media to tear into them. They knew all the media would want to talk about is if the actors and production people think the movie will incite violence.
    And WB didn't want to put their people on the spot and ruin what would be an otherwise happy the experience.
    What’s to be happy about? They filmed a 122 minute 8chan manifesto and slapped a coat of clown makeup on it to trick people into thinking they’re seeing a movie about The Joker.

I haven't seen the movie yet but have been told by people who have it's totally a joker movie it's just not your stranded comic book movie.

Fantastic Member

This film is getting a lot of press; just based on the little I've read/seen about the movie, I'm sure it will be deeply disturbing. What's interesting is that just based on the trailer, it looks like it's got intentional "homages" to Taxi Driver (1976) and The King of Comedy (1983), two excellent DeNiro/Martin Scorsese-directed NYC-based films. DeNiro's inclusion in The Joker just reinforces the references to those earlier films.

Also, Phoenix lost quite a bit of weight (for the role, possibly?!) He looks borderline-emaciated, which I'm sure is intentional. He always looked creepy to me, but even moreso now that he's so much thinner - LOL.

Astonishing Member

The director's constant talking out of his anus is already turning me off from this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    The director's constant talking out of his anus is already turning me off from this movie.
    Such as?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Yeah it’s not like this country already has a problem with loner incels becoming mass shooters as a way of getting back at a world they believe has wronged them. Oh wait.
    Joker is not responsible for that though. has anyone ever attempted to be a batman and iron man superhero from reading comics.

In this case I'm not sure the media,can be faulted. If the military is issuing any sort of warning, then from their perspective that becomes a legit issue to cover.
    And who put the fear in the militarily. the media.

What's that saying? in the end , no such thing as bad publicity. I think some of you people would be surprised how high this movie will climb in the end.

Joker is not responsible that though. Infact has anyone ever attempted to be a batman and iron man superhero from reading comics.

And who put the fear in the militarily. the media.

What's that saying? in the end , no such thing as bad publicity. I think some of you people would be surprised how high this movie will climb in the end.
    Again, if the military issues a warning that's on them ... not the media. The military made it a REAL news story by acknowledging this as a legitimate issue.

Could this bad publicity help the movie? It's entirely possible. Media buzz, can be an interesting double edged sword.

I will say for myself, a military warning is enough to at least get me to hold off on seeing it (as I wasn't exactly dying to see it anyways, no pun intended).

As far as people trying to be Batman or Iron man ... The thing is the average person can't be Iron Man or Batman. But they can be this version of Joker. Anyone can be. That's the scary thing about it. Will someone attempt to be Joker? We'll see.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-02-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    This film is getting a lot of press; just based on the little I've read/seen about the movie, I'm sure it will be deeply disturbing. What's interesting is that just based on the trailer, it looks like it's got intentional "homages" to Taxi Driver (1976) and The King of Comedy (1983), two excellent DeNiro/Martin Scorsese-directed NYC-based films. DeNiro's inclusion in The Joker just reinforces the references to those earlier films.
    There is also a scene right out of the comic book mini-series spoilers:
    The Dark Night Returns where Joker kills people while being interviewed at a talk show.
    end of spoilers

Rotten Tomatoes has finally given Joker the Certified Fresh rating.