Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Henry Cavill To Star in Lionsgate’s ‘Highlander’ Reboot From Chad Stahelski

Henry Cavill To Star in Lionsgate’s ‘Highlander’ Reboot From Chad Stahelski

Sources tell Deadline that the Man of Steel star is in talks for one of the lead roles in Lionsgate’s reboot of Highlander with John Wick director Chad Stahelski helming. Kerry Williamson penned the script.

The plot of this latest take is unknown, as is whether Cavill will be playing a brand new character to the universe or a character from previous projects. The reboot has been gestating for a while with everyone from Ryan Reynolds to Justin Lin involved at some point, but sources say these latest pieces coming together put this film into position to get into production.

I can totally see Henry Cavill as Connor MacLeod or whatever similar character they cast him as.

Highlander has long needed to throw out everything (except the first movie) or do something like this, a total restart where any sequels or shows stop rewriting history.

If they manage to get through s second movie that doesn't get laughed out of town, they will have already accomplished their mission.
    Power with Girl is better.

Cavill making a name for himself with fantasy swordsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cavill making a name for himself with fantasy swordsmen.
    He can legit handle a sword which I think lends to that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There can only be as many as the studio thinks it can get away with beating out of the dead horse.

I have seen some people say they wanted Scottish actor Sam heughan to play the character

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Are Bautista as Kurgan and the Twilight screenwriter still attached? This could easily be a trilogy if they play their cards right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Are Bautista as Kurgan and the Twilight screenwriter still attached? This could easily be a trilogy if they play their cards right.
    They need to take the template from the first film and expand it. The first film ends with the Fraser and MacLeod Clan battle and Connor being killed revived. The second film picks up with him being cast out and being found/trained by Ramirez while learning about immortals before ending it with Ramirez and Heather's death. Then wrap it up with the tale brought to modern day and Connor finally killing Kurgan.

At the very least, the first film could have easily been two films.

Cavill isn't necessarily MacLeod, he may well be playing the Kurgan. They are going to want someone young for the star of a new franchise where the lead is supposed to stay young. I wouldn't be surprised if they gender-switched the role.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I largely enjoy the bulk of the Highlander films. The Source makes The Quickening look good though.

The problem was no one at the studio level took time to treat it like a franchise to keep in order. They are very loosely connected and conflict, kind of like Bay's Transformer films.

I hope there is a plan and path in place for how these films connect and move from one to the other(provided we get more than one).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have seen some people say they wanted Scottish actor Sam heughan to play the character
    It's called Highlander -- If he's nah Scottish, it's crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Geez, batista's everywhere, isn't't he?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's called Highlander -- If he's nah Scottish, it's crap!!
    Lambert was French. Kind of funny that although they had the very Scottish Connery, Ramirez was an ancient Egyptian.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Lambert was French. Kind of funny that although they had the very Scottish Connery, Ramirez was an ancient Egyptian.
    Yes, the part where the French guy playing a Scotsman had to tell the Scottish guy with a Spanish name who was originally from Egypt what haggis is was always funny.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Was the original even any good? I can't imagine this new one will be worse.