Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Considering how the movie was basically built on the strength of Joaquin Phoenix's performance, I'd say the Best Actor win is virtually a Best Picture win too!

Congtralutions to Joaquin Phoenix and Hildur Guđnadóttir!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Considering how the movie was basically built on the strength of Joaquin Phoenix's performance, I'd say the Best Actor win is virtually a Best Picture win too!

Congtralutions to Joaquin Phoenix and Hildur Guđnadóttir!
    That's not how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by henrymark View Post
    Why security person was patrolling the theatre?
    It gave me the impression that they believed the movie could incite violence.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Joker sequel might be happening. I mean it's not an official confirmation, but seems to be getting to be more of a safe bet.

Here is the understatement of the year.

Joker is loosely based on the DC villain of the same name
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Joker sequel might be happening. I mean it's not an official confirmation, but seems to be getting to be more of a safe bet.
    So Batman vs. Joker?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Here is the understatement of the year.
    It looked like Joker to me - crazy criminal clown committing murders. I really think people on this forum gives it too much flack. Frankly, it's my favorite DC movie of the last decade (not counting animation).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Batman vs. Joker?
    Probably not, considering Bruce was a kid last time. Not unless there's a significant time jump going on. I don't think a sequel has to go the Batman route just yet. Now if they make a third one, Batman would have to be addressed in my opinion.

Probably not, considering Bruce was a kid last time. Not unless there's a significant time jump going on. I don't think a sequel has to go the Batman route just yet. Now if they make a third one, Batman would have to be addressed in my opinion.
    I guess it depends on how they handle it, but I just don't see a point in a sequel otherwise.

I guess it depends on how they handle it, but I just don't see a point in a sequel otherwise.
    That's what people said about the last film to be fair, and they made it work. I trust Phillips/Phoenix to deliver again.

That's what people said about the last film to be fair, and they made it work. I trust Phillips/Phoenix to deliver again.
    Well, I can kind of see it myself for the first movie but less so the sequel.

Well, I can kind of see it myself for the first movie but less so the sequel.
    Well, we'll find out. Whether Batman's in it or not, after the last movie I am there 100% if they think they've got a story to tell.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Phillips nailed the themes the Joker film was built on and they'd need to find new aspects to go after. I could see a time jump (10 years) and people have forgotten about the Joker. All people care for now is ...THE BATMAN. The next one can feed into anger , jealousy and envy at a city that forgot him while in Arkham for a decade.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

i don't see where this can go as far as a sequel.. oh well.. a darker origin for Harley?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i don't see where this can go as far as a sequel.. oh well.. a darker origin for Harley?
    It's the joker man possiblys are endless.