Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to get this straight...

How many times does Bat Girl appear in this copy of Batman: The Killing Joke that you read?
    Wow, so you dont know why I brought up batgirl, her role was not that big but her arc was the most memorable part of the story because of her getting shot by joker. Please let's keep playing this cat and mouse game about the graphic novel as we see the comic movies this year, fade away like dirty wipers even Endgame that is highest grossing movie of alltime and we see Joker rise because film making quality movies actually matters than this processed factory comic book movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Except the Joker origin presented in The Killing Joke wasn't about a series of setbacks causing a man's descent into madness - it was all "one bad day." From what little we see of the trailers, the events leading up to his madness are much more spread out. The only real connection to TKJ and JOKER is they're both more gritty, grounded takes on the Joker's origin.

Unrelated, but The Killing Joke is one of my favorite comic book stories. The animated adaptation was **** though. Shame too.
    I was going to use the one bad day theme but i did not want to make it as simple as it sounds, so I went with what the character was like before the one bad day moment.

it was a one bad day moment, sure but the background character was already a struggling comedian dealing with many set back issues who was even fighting to save his marriage.

that story connection will be there, because its an origins story of the same character. we will see the character start of kind of normal than decent into some sort of madness and the irorny of why he is called the joker.

at this point , this is straw grasping from mcu fans, this is even prove further that people really want to set the fake backlash about the movie. It failed with Logan, it will fail with the joker. nothing is stopping this movie from giving comic movies the respect they deserve once again.

BANNED

I'd love if they tried to do Catwoman again, but I'm afraid the last one killed any hope of a Catwoman solo ever again. At least for another ten/twenty years.
    Yeah, everyone who saw that needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Yeah, everyone who made that needs to die.
    Corrected for justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm more worried about the people criticising this film for not being like the MCU or the three DCEU movies they liked.
    It is unavoidable that will happen but they haven't advertise it like a comic book movie so we shouldn't get as much those complaints. The best example of that is Watchmen which they advertised like it was going to be action comic book movie. And Watchmen is more of a serious drama in comic book setting than action driven movie. So they were people who were confused as hell and I heard people complaining after so it won't be surprised that people see Joker expect a comic book movie and get a character study drama instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    If your primary exposure to Killing Joke was the animated movie, you might believe the story was mostly about Batman and Batgirl.
    because if you had adapted it page by page, the movie would be quite shot on film. they needed some extra story.although batman and batgirl are gross as a couple.

Also the animation was rated R. Came at a time after Deadpool, so its not as if this movie is R for the sAke of R or is trying to rip of Logan and deadpool.

DC has already earned it.

sigh, fox really should have bought wanrer brothers than sold to disney. what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Wow, so you dont know why I brought up batgirl, her role was not that big but her arc was the most memorable part of the story because of her getting shot by joker. Please let's keep playing this cat and mouse game about the graphic novel as we see the comic movies this year, fade away like dirty wipers even Endgame that is highest grossing movie of alltime and we see Joker rise because film making quality movies actually matters than this processed factory comic book movies.

I was going to use the one bad day theme but i did not want to make it as simple as it sounds, so I went with what the character was like before the one bad day moment.

it was a one bad day moment, sure but the background character was already a struggling comedian dealing with many set back issues who was even fighting to save his marriage.

that story connection will be there, because its an origins story of the same character. we will see the character start of kind of normal than decent into some sort of madness and the irorny of why he is called the joker.

at this point , this is straw grasping from mcu fans, this is even prove further that people really want to set the fake backlash about the movie. It failed with Logan, it will fail with the joker. nothing is stopping this movie from giving comic movies the respect they deserve once again.
    Why is everything mcu hate and fan bashing with you? I think your posts would go over better if you didn't bring up the mcu. Like if no one else is talking about it, why bring it up?
    Just my opinion anyways.

Why is everything mcu hate and fan bashing with you? I think your posts would go over better if you didn't bring up the mcu. Like if no one else is talking about it, why bring it up?
    Just my opinion anyways.
    It's not hate or bashing. I am calling things as I see it. I already smell the real hate for this movie out there just because it is not another formula comic movie, also plans to want to derail this movies oscar Chances because it can do it on merit unlike black panther. reason I brought up the fake backlash that is getting planted out there by the shill media and their backhanded compliments about the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is unavoidable that will happen but they haven't advertise it like a comic book movie so we shouldn't get as much those complaints.
    We're already seeing these complaints. The comment section in io9 is pretty toxic just for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

Except for that "Bat Girl" never actually gets shot by the Joker in Batman: The Killing Joke. As other folks have mentioned, there was no Bat Girl to be shot when it was published. The Joker shot Barbra Gordon.

There is nothing "Cat And Mouse..." about pointing out that it is kind of hard to have any sort of a legitimate discussion of a serious film and if it is a worthwhile adaptation of the book Batman: The Killing Joke when it feels a lot like we are discussion the clearly lesser animated film version of the work.

The quality of the eventual Joker film is a separate discussion from if the film does a worthwhile version on adapting any part of Batman: The Killing Joke.

It is almost impossible to go into the merits of what it has adapted if someone is talking in terms of the film version that is dicey when it comes to the source material.

Except for that "Bat Girl" never actually gets shot by the Joker in Batman: The Killing Joke. As other folks have mentioned, there was no Bat Girl to be shot when it was published. The Joker shot Barbra Gordon.
    Again, feels like a nitpick. Barbara Gordon is typically Batgirl, and there's nothing in story to let you know she had retired from the role at that time. It's an understandable mistake. I only know Babs wasn't Batgirl then because I've read that fact somewhere here before.

Again, feels like a nitpick. Barbara Gordon is typically Batgirl, and there's nothing in story to let you know she had retired from the role at that time. It's an understandable mistake. I only know Babs wasn't Batgirl then because I've read that fact somewhere here before.
    There is also nothing in the story that would let you know that she is(or ever has been) Bat Girl.

There is also nothing in the story that would let you know that she is(or ever has been) Bat Girl.
    Yeah, but anyone with basic knowledge of the character knows she is usually Batgirl. Barbara Gordon is like Batgirl 90% of the time. Least 85%. Saying Babs was in it and Batgirl wasn't is kind of a weird sticking point.

Yeah, but anyone with basic knowledge of the character knows she is usually Batgirl. Barbara Gordon is like Batgirl 90% of the time. Least 85%. Saying Babs was in it and Batgirl wasn't is kind of a weird sticking point.
    Not in any sort of a serious discussion of just how well the upcoming film will adapt the comic Batman: The Killing Joke.

The idea that you can just plug the animated film in, and go on ahead with said discussion in any sort of a serious fashion is just laughable.

The animated film and the comic might are largely different works. Anyone who know both of them even a bit could tell someone that.

BANNED

Corrected for justice!
    I mean we all need to die, our memories vanished, before the concept of another Catwoman film, can materialize.

Not in any sort of a serious discussion of just how well the upcoming film will adapt the comic Batman: The Killing Joke.

The idea that you can just plug the animated film in, and go on ahead with said discussion in any sort of a serious fashion is just laughable.

The animated film and the comic might are largely different works. Anyone who know both of them even a bit could tell someone that.
    But is there any reason to believe anyone was talking about the animated film just because Batgirl was mentioned though? Could still be talking about the comic and just used Batgirl to mean Babs.