Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

That’s one of those things where the parody, despite being coded as a parody by its ludicrousness, is almost indistinguishable from real crazy people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Attachment 86516

The hardest of passes.
    Gosh...I almost recognize that voice. *wink wink*

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Attachment 86516

The hardest of passes.
    Why are you taking a troll post seriously?

Because real people talk like that now.

I was very skeptical of this movie, but the reviews are all saying that this is Oscar worthy material here. I also heard about the leaked script a few months back and wasn't too excited by the direction but it seems I was wrong. I will be there opening weekend for this!

Because real people talk like that now.
    See, this is my main problem with that post...

To me personally, it feels like a lot of folks have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for what they believe will happen to come to pass.

The film should not have to go about it's existence as art trying to negotiate those people or the folks that they believe are posting things that clearly are a tune up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I was very skeptical of this movie, but the reviews are all saying that this is Oscar worthy material here. I also heard about the leaked script a few months back and wasn't too excited by the direction but it seems I was wrong. I will be there opening weekend for this!
    I came across an article from after the recent screening where Phillips said that folks who had bought into that script might be in for a surprise.

No telling if he is trying to throw folks off of the trail, or being straight with the potential audience.

I hope that the film is commercially successful, but I wonder what this means for comics-adaptations in the future, whether they will veer back to the Nolan style of more "realism" and dramatically less spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that the film is commercially successful, but I wonder what this means for comics-adaptations in the future, whether they will veer back to the Nolan style of more "realism" and dramatically less spectacle.
    I think it's fine so long as the movies aren't these big expensive summer block busters. Small scale cheap movies like this are fine, so long as people understand what this is and what it's trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    The funny thing about the whole comic book movie scene is that while the Marvel films have been far more successful I've had more of an interest in discussing the DC movies overall. They've at least tried to do different things (sometimes unsuccessfully) as opposed the "Marvel formula" we've seen time and time again.

Does anybody else feel this way?
    Yes and no.

I've loved the Marvel movies and really the only DC movie I didn't enjoy was the BvS, JL stuff. The rest I thought was quite good.

I tihnk there's room for both and liking both.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't think you can call this a Nolan style film. I think this film just kinda shows what we've known about superhero comics for a long time. They are very versatile and you can tell many different types of stories with these characters that go beyond the standard cape flicks we normally get.

Astonishing Member

I really hope there's no Joker inspired crimes once the movie rolls into theatres.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I really hope there's no Joker inspired crimes once the movie rolls into theatres.
    Yeah I really hope we don't see toxins that make people die with a smile on their face

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I came across an article from after the recent screening where Phillips said that folks who had bought into that script might be in for a surprise.

No telling if he is trying to throw folks off of the trail, or being straight with the potential audience.
    That’s good! I am not really a fan of the big twist that was in the leaked script so I am interested to see if they replaced it or it makes more sense in the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post

Yea that dude that shot up the movie theater in Colorado during the Dark Knight Rises Thursday night screenings directly told police that he was the Joker or inspired by him. I hope nothing crazy like that happens..