Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Joker won the top prize at the Venice Film Festival, the Golden Lion!
    Previously won by shape of water. things are looking up. I do fear a tear down coming by the shill MCU media, you can see all the fake backslash they are talking about. how embarrassing is it going to be when joker gets a best picture nomination when the highest grossing movie of all time is not going to? I am scared of what disney might do hurt this movie.

I just hope a significant amount of critics can still stay neutral

You have to be a delusional fan boy to think Marvel studio cares about Joker being nominated for award. You have to be a delusional fan to think Disney could get "undeserving" Black Panther nominated for an award because of Disney's influence and power but turn around create a scenario where Disney can't get a "undeserving" Endgame nominated for that same award . Then Disney is mad and has to punish Joker because "hey it is a comic book movie too so it is Joker fault that Endgame wouldn't be nominated in the category." Note that the award season is months away so to hurt Joker, So Disney has to predict the future that they are going to get imaginary "embarrassed" by the Joker and Disney do something now in the present affect the Joker because is going to get nominated for award over Endgame. How insane is that thinking

This is batshit stuff that comes from people. To make stupid conspiracy they overlook that Nolan serious Batman movies where loved by critics,They overlook that DC has Wonder Woman and Shazam that did well the "bias critics". They overlook that WB who owns Rotten tomatoes and has the power to control negative response or people forgetting that they accused RT of use that powers to help Captain Marvel. But for some reason they wouldn't use that power to combat blatant bias commentary against their movie. MCU media is out to get Joker smh.

FYI Also look at people who claimed award and critic acclaim doesn't matter now gush over awards,critics reviews,box office and rotten tomato scores.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-08-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You have to be a delusional fan boy to think Marvel studio cares about Joker being nominated for award. You have to be a delusional fan to think Disney could get "undeserving" Black Panther nominated for an award because of Disney's influence and power but turn around create a scenario where Disney can't get a "undeserving" Endgame nominated for that same award . Then Disney is mad and has to punish Joker because "hey it is a comic book movie too so it is Joker fault that Endgame wouldn't be nominated in the category." Note that the award season is months away so to hurt Joker, So Disney has to predict the future that they are going to get imaginary "embarrassed" by the Joker and Disney do something now in the present affect the Joker because is going to get nominated for award over Endgame. How insane is that thinking

This is batshit stuff that comes from people. To make stupid conspiracy they overlook that Nolan serious Batman movies where loved by critics,They overlook that DC has Wonder Woman and Shazam that did well the "bias critics". They overlook that WB who owns Rotten tomatoes and has the power to control negative response or people forgetting that they accused RT of use that powers to help Captain Marvel. But for some reason they wouldn't use that power to combat blatant bias commentary against their movie. MCU media is out to get Joker smh.

FYI Also look at people who claimed award and critic acclaim doesn't matter now gush over awards,critics reviews,box office and rotten tomato scores.
    Awards can be as crappy as RT and box office but sometimes they are not. Joker may be a good example.

Marvel studios are trying to push RDJ for best supporting actor in endgame, the russos are just said it yesterday they will capaign? except this is not a partick stewart or hugh jackman logan terrirotory. even Fassbender from first class would stand a better chance than RDJ in endgame for best supporting actor. Blame the formulaic basic screenplay in endgame.

I do think marvel studio cares that was why disney got the award for black panther that as undeserving hopefully joker does it on merit. now that TDK and Logan have paved the way. movies that deserved the best picture nomination more than black panther

You still have not told me why disney rejected the demon in bottle story, that has oscar over it. less I wait for actual violence from GOTG that even looks more like a cartoon than actual DC animated movies that would stand more chance at an oscar than mcu movies.

Here I was thinking it was obvious to everyone that the wonder woman oscar push by WB and the logan oscar push by intellectual film critics is why disney got scared and quickly first created a fake ass popular Oscar category when that bombed, disney went on to secure black panther a best picture nomination that had no merited meaning.

Whatever, as long as Joker does it on merit. That is fine by me. that is when awards sort of matters.this joker movie is important, when it succeeds, it will only pressure Disney to keep some xmen movies R as deserved.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-08-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Whatever, as long as Joker does it on merit. That is fine by me. that is when awards sort of matters
    Stuff has only merit when you think it deserves it okay got it... Joker is success is on "merit" when there is best picture/actor campaign before the movie is even released.Okay lol
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-08-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Stuff has only merit when you think it deserves it okay got it... Joker is success is on "merit" when there is best picture/actor campaign before the movie is even released.Okay lol
    so this movie may be based of the killing joke. Please where is my demon in bottle iron man 3 story? that comics could have some oscar material like this one

oh deary, merit when the content of the movie does enough to deserve it, formulaic generic paint by number shallow movies like mcu movies are not deserving of oscars. Joker has declared itself as the answer to those movies. It looks like it is going to prove it. that is merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    so this movie may be based of the killing joke. Please where is my demon in bottle iron man 3 story? that comics could have some oscar material like this one

oh deary, merit when the content of the movie does enough to deserve it, formulaic generic paint by number shallow movies like mcu movies are not deserving of oscars. Joker has declared itself as the answer to those movies. It looks like it is going to prove it. that is merit.
    This movie is barely a Joker movie so I don't know how it can be based on the Killing Joke. Other then hes a failed comedian.i still wanna see this movie and I'm sure It will be good.

You call everyone who liked the MCU movies bias. (Who most of them like non MCU CBMs too) but then you show your bias on every occasion. You complained about butchering source material and then Joker comes along which is just a movie with Joker slapped onto it to help increase its boxoffice. And you bend over for it before you have even seen it.

And apparently according to you every Comicbook movie you like is an answer the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This movie is barely a Joker movie so I don't know how it can be based on the Killing Joke. Other then hes a failed comedian.i still wanna see this movie and I'm sure It will be good.

You call everyone who liked the MCU movies bias. (Who most of them like non MCU CBMs too) but then you show your bias on every occasion. You complained about butchering source material and then Joker comes along which is just a movie with Joker slapped onto it to help increase its boxoffice. And you bend over for it before you have even seen it.

And apparently according to you every Comicbook movie you like is an answer the MCU.
    Please don't start with this one again.

Logan was not a xmen movie, it only had wolverine in name. it was more western

TDK ws not a batman movie but a crime movie

X1 and X2 were not comic films because they are too grounded and felt ''ashamed'' of the comics

Its boring now.

You call everyone who liked the MCU movies bias. (Who most of them like non MCU CBMs too) but then you show your bias on every occasion. You complained about butchering source material and then Joker comes along which is just a movie with Joker slapped onto it to help increase its boxoffice. And you bend over for it before you have even seen
    My deslike for MCU movies was based on the proven evidence of how disney likes to do them. franchise movies should not have a formula, they should be more creative and artistically director driven. it is not just about crossovers cinematic settings only. DC is showing that with the joker. instead of seeing it as bias, see it as genuine criticism, something I do to with others, even how WB handled batman v superman, which was a lesser problem to the mcu movies because sndyer was the problem and now he is gone and DC is back on track now hopefully with the Joker.

Why am I more optimistic about joker? because it is not a formulaic childish superhero movie , I have endured with nearly 23 mcu movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Even CBR is getting backhandedly into the Joker bashing with its description of the movie as a "portrayal of incel violence." Uber-cringe. Man if that doesn't scare off 90 percent of the potential audience, I don't know what will.

Hey we got white computer nerds who can't get dates doing violent things! Yeesh.
    Did you not say CBR was more Pro disney in the sony/disney failed deal? Just more clear bias. sad.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-08-2019 at 07:22 AM.

The movie was played at the Venice Film Festival, ie got a very limited release. And got an 8 minute standing ovation plus won the Golden Lion. I'd say that has some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The movie was played at the Venice Film Festival, ie got a very limited release. And got an 8 minute standing ovation plus won the Golden Lion. I'd say that has some merit.
    Ofcourse it has some merit. The trailer gave it away, it's Logan all over again. the reason killerbee911 said that was because he sees it as me been ''delusional'' when I say black panther best picture nomination was not on merit.

I don't get it, whenever I say the obvious on a thread or wish to drag out the elephant in the room I am called delusional and a troll usually by some MCU fans. what gives?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Yep and I already regret commenting on this thread

hmm. Depending on how the movie performs, commercially. I wonder will there be one-off interpretations of other villains from the major canons. Riddler? Penguin? Ra's Al Ghul? Marvel folks like Dr. Doom, Kingpin, Black Cat? Not necessarily rated R, but steeped in whatever degree of "realism" that this movie is supposed to have?

Dont think Killerbee was criticizing the movie. He was responding to another poster who on this thread in other threads claims Awards dont mean anything and Black Panther getting any noms was because it was a black movie and because Disney pushed it for award. And that it was a embarrassment. When joker was being pushed out there as a Oscar vehicle for Phoenix from day one. So the fact one has merit but the other doesnt is Hypocritcal at best. I think KillerBee is just pointing that out. Critics liked Joker which means it's good, critics liked Black Panther and it means they were either bought off or suck at their job. But yea ima stay out of it now. It would be nice if this crap could just be contained to that one thread..... untill it gets locked.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-08-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm. Depending on how the movie performs, commercially. I wonder will there be one-off interpretations of other villains from the major canons. Riddler? Penguin? Ra's Al Ghul? Marvel folks like Dr. Doom, Kingpin, Black Cat? Not necessarily rated R, but steeped in whatever degree of "realism" that this movie is supposed to have?
    Black cat and Silver sable i assume is still happening. But if Dr Doom gets a film it wont be a one off. It will be a part of the MCU. Silver sables would probaly be part of the Spiderverse. But yea there are alot of Villians I'd love to see get a film. All the characters you listed could be interesting depending on the angle you approach it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I can see a Ra's Al Ghul eco-terrorist movie. I can also see a Riddler-as-terrorist movie where his riddles cause massive human casualties if they are not solved correctly by the government agents (not Batman) pursuing him.

However, Penguin could be tricky. If they just go with the ugly misfit shunned by society causing him to turn evil, then you're just rehashing Batman Returns even if you play it more seriously. It might also have too many similarities to this Joker movie.

I don't see the 3 Marvel characters you mentioned being compelling enough to do a Joker-like dark, R-rated take. Also, none are as well known to the mass audience enough for them to care.

The film has merit but clearly it has studio push campaign already for it to win awards. It is just the system but it is the very system that people are bashing for other movies. I have no problem with Joker I hope it does well.

You don't have to like one type of movie or show. I love the Boys on amazon,I like Punisher, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage on Netflix, I like Fast Color and I like Marvel movies. So for the record

Marvel I like Blade 1&2
    DC I like Nolan Batman Trilogy
    DCEU I like Man of Steel, Wonder Woman
    Fox I like X2, Logan, The Wolverine, Deadpool 1& 2, DoFP
    Sony I like Spiderman 1& 2, Into the Spiderverse
    MCU I like Captian America Winter Soldier and Civil War, Avengers, Avengers Infinity Wars & Endgame, Iron Man, Black Panther
    Non-Big 2 Unbreakable, Hellboy 1, Chronicle, The Rocketeer

I don't give a crap who makes the movie as long as entertaining. I think MCU fanboys are stupid, I think DCEU fanboys are stupid, I think Fox X-men fanboys are stupid. I generally end up defending Marvel movie because the attacks on them are the most stupid. I would spend time giving an MCU fan the same type of attention if they were saying the MCU over everything BS that other group of fans are doing. If there is an MCU fan who is going anything Marvel makes is instantly superior to other stuff and not looking at stuff from an individual movie to movie basis I would be critical of them too. No company is infallible, No tone is the correct for "every" superhero movie.

Lastly, I called a poster delusional because he said Marvel/Disney will try to punish the Joker for the Joker being nominated for an award that hasn't happened yet