View Poll Results: What is your wild theory on what is REALLY happeneing here??

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pod People! The "real" X-Men are trapped in goo.

13 18.57%
  • Magneto freaked out by Moira and built that helmet to control X

3 4.29%
  • This is mostly Life 6, we'll return to "normal" Life 10 in Wave 1 books

6 8.57%
  • Beats me but Mr Sinister is suspiciously missing

17 24.29%
  • This is Life 10 and each Wave of new books is a new "Life" of Moira

8 11.43%
  • Moira is masterminding everything with Apocolypse and the X-Men are pawns

12 17.14%
  • The X-Men are "immortal" now and Krakoa can just make identical clones when someone dies

16 22.86%
  • Year 1000 is actually controlling things in our timeline somehow

9 12.86%
  • It's not all Universe 616 storyline and we're just led to believe it is

15 21.43%
  • Other wild theory... I mean it's Hickman after all...

20 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The one thing I’m not really a fan of is the whole mutant nation in which almost all mutants are a part of this. Not only does it take away from the prospect that, while they have powers, they’ve still born of humans but with the isolationism going on there, they feel like they’re succumbing to Inhuman mentality where they view themselves as better than everyone who isn’t them, the X-Men falling into that as well.
    Chill out. It's a mini series. Not ongoing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I think they're all Pod people now and trapped in goo. and what will happen by the end of HOX/POX is that Xavier and Magneto will be overthrown, possibly by Moria and Apocalypse, and the real X-Men will have to emerge from the pods to save their new nation. But, I won't deny, the theory that Sinister is conspicuously absent is interesting, if for no more reason than the very fact that he is indeed missing. Of course, Sinister has always been one of my two favorite X-villains, along with Selene.
    Could be true. Since in her 9th life with apocalypse she has the longest success. She may be using X and magnetoo to reach her goal with apocalypse.

Xavier is mind controlling everyone. When the team inevitably breaks free, the pod people are Xavier's weapon against them.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Chill out. It's a mini series. Not ongoing.
    Krakoa has shown to be a continuing thing in the Dawn of X books after the mini is over. That is their status quo for the foreseeable future.

BANNED

Krakoa has shown to be a continuing thing in the Dawn of X books after the mini is over.
    Not everyone is on krakoa.

So far that we know. Honestly we're not seeing Krakoa housing complexes or retirement communities. We've seen some kids in the fields and that's really about it. But if there is a Matrix'y goo pod farm full of mutants, well then it's possible everyone is and isn't in Krakoa at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I think they're all Pod people now and trapped in goo. and what will happen by the end of HOX/POX is that Xavier and Magneto will be overthrown, possibly by Moria and Apocalypse, and the real X-Men will have to emerge from the pods to save their new nation.
    Well it's no secret that Apocolypse is appearing in Wave 1 books, so this could very well be the thing. We find out Prof X is truly dead, "X" is an imposter/bad clone, Mags is accomplice to the plans. Meanwhile Moira is chained up in a basement being kept alive while X can make whatever mutant he needs in the goo factory on the moon. I love the comment about the clones being "idealized" versions of Xavier's vision of them. Kind of lines up with how he talks to Scott in this issue huh?

Could be true. Since in her 9th life with apocalypse she has the longest success. She may be using X and magnetoo to reach her goal with apocalypse.
    I really want a mini-series that does that whole story from the time they meet to the time they form the X-Men together and fall in love and get married. I really want to see that now. Please Marvel, please do a mini series that explores Moira's 9th life because that would be awesome.

The only group not seemingly associated with Krakoa in the announced is the one from Fallen Angels.

BANNED

The only group not seemingly associated with Krakoa in the announced is the one from Fallen Angels.
    Excalibur, Marauders are outside.New mutants are in space. X-force base very well could be outside krakoa.

They're associated but not living in krakoa.That's what I meant.

Also, there are mutants like Legion, Exodus or Mister M who decided not to affiliate with Krakoa. Unless you are tremendously powerful and able to defend yourself from anything that humans can do to you, joining Krakoa is the smart choice.

Excalibur, Marauders are outside.New mutants are in space. X-force base very well could be outside krakoa.

They're associated but not living in krakoa.That's what I meant.
    New Mutants just has their first mission set in space. I doubt they’ll remain there the entire series. And the solicit for Excalibur even make mention of Betsy being a citizen of Krakoa and the team heading to the lighthouse. And even if they aren’t based there, it’s the association that’s the issue. Essentially the X-Men, who had always been heroes are subscribing to the notion of segregation from everyone else while looking down on the world treating them as their lessers to the point of allowing anyone to get away with anything, including murder, scott free via diplomatic immunity for no other reason than them being mutants. These are not the mentality of people who are heroes.

BANNED

The X-Men are heroes second. They are the vanguards of an oppressed underclass first and foremost. What is their acceptable mentality? Laying back for more concentration camps, death machines and hate crimes while they set up another school, beg again for a seat at the table and go back to playing baseball and waiting for Sentinels to show up?

They sat back while the humans put a camp on their lawn with Sentinels. They let themselves get pushed to a glorified Alcatraz. They set up shop in Limbo. They went to the UN and whined. What else should they do?

The theory of these characters are clones or something similar to the original seems to gain some fans around here.

I personally hope this story is not happening in Moira's other reality or life but in the prime universe (616).

For now I have enjoyed a lot. It's good to see the X-men reacting proactively and finally saying enough. I know this won't last but it's good not to read another extinction story.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    The theory of these characters are clones or something similar to the original seems to gain some fans around here.

I personally hope this story is not happening in Moira's other reality or life but in the prime universe (616).

For now I have enjoyed a lot. It's good to see the X-men reacting proactively and finally saying enough. I know this won't last but it's good not to read another extinction story.
    Given what’s going on in this story, you just know that once the bottom falls out that they’re gonna have a long way to fall and have made a lot of enemies in the process. Sad thing is, just given how they’re acting now, I can’t say that they won’t have deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    But what if this is a way to change the past? Subtly relegate the 616/prime universe to M6 in favour of a very similar but different past in M10. Would that disappoint? Not a retcon, just new context.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.