Default Miss America Chavez coming to the MCU?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...chavez-a170270

Unconfirmed for now but looks like marvel might have plans for her in the mcu.

I would like that a lot. MAC is a character with a lot of potential who has suffered from some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

I love America, but the "source" that broke the "news" isn't reliable. It's such a unreliable source that very few reliable sites didn't picked-up the news, with CBM being the only well known to report it (and that's from Josh Wilding, who is known to report every single rumor to get clicks).

Had they had a America series in mind, they would have announced it at the D23 this past weekend, instead of having it being leaked the very next day the event ended on a sketchy site.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 08-28-2019 at 12:32 PM.

that casting better be dead on. no one springs to mind.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Very much hope both these characters appear.

MAC is a great character, even if her comic book origin might be a bit too mind blowing for the MCU atm.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/08/27/mar...in-the-future/

MCU Cosmic seems to think she's on her way too, and they have a good track record.

I’d rather see 2099 Captain America. She has me enthralled, having a kind of Shazam secret identity.

We’ve had female Thor, female Iron Man (boring), female Hulk, female Giant-Man. This would be something if they put together a band of diverse Avengers led by the iconic Janet Van Dyne. Man, as much of a critic I was of Jane Foster, I do miss her bull-at-the-gate attitude. Thor had this Shakespearean personality, but Jane was a walking hammer. No personality, but brutality in every move. You know that sound a crackling spark makes on a really big conductor ball? That’s what I feel Jane makes with the hammer.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-28-2019 at 05:42 PM.

I think she's probably as inevitable as Ms. Marvel, maybe not as much, but I can see America with her own Disney+ show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I would like that a lot. MAC is a character with a lot of potential who has suffered from some of the worst writing I've ever seen.
    I'd very much like to see her on the MCU

Loved her on ultimates but thought her solo was very poor, imo

Big fan of the character

Extraordinary Member

AMERICA CHAVEZ: MADE IN THE USA #1 (OF 5)
    KALINDA VAZQUEZ (W) • CARLOS GÓMEZ (A)
    Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    VARIANT COVER BY STEPHANIE HANS
    VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY ELIZABETH TORQUE
    WHO IS AMERICA?
    America Chavez is incredible – her origins, her strength, her dimension-shattering star portals! But when the foundation of everything she believes is shaken, America will stand up and face the parts of herself she’s been running from. From writer Kalinda Vazquez (Marvel’s Runaways) and artist Carlos Gomez (Amazing Mary Jane) comes an explosive, brand-new story all about what made America Chavez who she is – and what she’ll do to protect the ones she loves.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

no point in introducing her unless you can get the other "Marvel Rising" characters as well, to make it a team movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no point in introducing her unless you can get the other "Marvel Rising" characters as well, to make it a team movie.
    I mean, she's associated with other groups besides those, so there would be some point to it.

Also, like, not everything needs to be building to something else. They can just introduce MAC because MAC is cool. And one of their only queer characters.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    No offense to Marvel Rising, but I don’t think there is a single MAC fan who wants her in the MCU for that team instead of Young Avengers, Ultimates, A-Force or even West Coast Avengers. MR is a fun little side project for Marvel Animation, but I don’t think it’s going to be more than that, specially in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'll pass. To me she is like The Sentry. They crammed so many powers into her she is just boring. I am not a fan of the "I can do everything" heroes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I'll pass. To me she is like The Sentry. They crammed so many powers into her she is just boring. I am not a fan of the "I can do everything" heroes.
    ??? She has super strength, flight and teleporting. That's not a lot by most cape standards.