Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Escanor (7 deadly sins) vs. Vegeta

    Who has more.... PRIDE!?

    Bonus: Arena fight. Full power Escanor vs Saiyan Saga Vegeta
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,665

    Default

    Is it pride or stupidity that makes Vegeta not realise his limitations during this era?

    I think that'll be key to determining this pride off.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Is it pride or stupidity that makes Vegeta not realise his limitations during this era?

    I think that'll be key to determining this pride off.
    Oh, the "pride" fight is current Vegeta.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh, the "pride" fight is current Vegeta.
    Ahh, my misunderstanding.

    That's more even. Though, Escanor's pride has never gotten in the way or hampered efforts to save the world. Vegeta still has to force that kind of thing. So it's probably Vegeta.

  5. #5
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,087

    Default

    I mean ... Escanor has so much pride it earned him the position of "The Lion's Sin of Pride." It's so integral to who he is as a person, he's essentially just the personification of Pride at this point.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean ... Escanor has so much pride it earned him the position of "The Lion's Sin of Pride." It's so integral to who he is as a person, he's essentially just the personification of Pride at this point.
    But his pride has never been a deteriment to him, his friends or their fights.

    Vegeta can still be problematic even now that he's too prideful.

  7. #7
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    But his pride has never been a deteriment to him, his friends or their fights.

    Vegeta can still be problematic even now that he's too prideful.
    Yea, but the question is 'who has more', not how harmful it is ... and since Escanor is literally Pride, personified; figure that should be the end of it.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  8. #8
    I turn into a BIRD! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Vegeta is so prideful that the pride of a duplicate of Vegeta was so great it broke free of it's creator's control, punched out its creator, and challenged Goku to a fight because he wanted to beat Goku and prove himself better. And the real Vegeta, who was being erased from existence due to said duplicate, was pissed the duplicate was fighting Goku and flipped-flopped between wanting Goku to win and save him and wanting the duplicate Vegeta to win since it's still his image losing to Goku.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea, but the question is 'who has more', not how harmful it is ... and since Escanor is literally Pride, personified; figure that should be the end of it.
    My point is that Escanor isn't too prideful to accept assistance when needed. Vegeta generally is and that makes it seem like he has more pride, at least to me.

  10. #10
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My point is that Escanor isn't too prideful to accept assistance when needed. Vegeta generally is and that makes it seem like he has more pride, at least to me.
    Hell, in the Broly movie, he basically said that he would sooner let the world be destroyed than fuse with Goku again until he brought up the glaring fact that his family would die as well.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  11. #11
    Incredible Member Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Is not accepting help truly "pride" though, or just insecurity?

    The fact that Escanor's pride isn't shaken even when he needs assistance or things don't go his way is why I give him the "win" in this category.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member moonknight11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Vegeta is so prideful that the pride of a duplicate of Vegeta was so great it broke free of it's creator's control, punched out its creator, and challenged Goku to a fight because he wanted to beat Goku and prove himself better. And the real Vegeta, who was being erased from existence due to said duplicate, was pissed the duplicate was fighting Goku and flipped-flopped between wanting Goku to win and save him and wanting the duplicate Vegeta to win since it's still his image losing to Goku.
    Those Super mini arcs are wild.

  13. #13
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,888

    Default

    Escanor's speech against the vampire king was super epic though.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Underbelly: A Mafia Intrigue RPG. Come and do crimes!
    Art Thread on CBR

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    All reading this thread does is make me feel Vegeta has a lot of pride, but some level of insecurity, as morning mentioned. Or maybe, Vegeta is more prideful, to the point it truly is a vice, where as Escanor is probably as prideful as you can get without it obviously being to ones detriment.

    Escanor almost never gives a shit, because he's awesome, and if you manage to make something happen, good for you, you still suck.

    By contrast, any situation that Vegeta involves himself in usually results in him doing stupid things just to prove he's so awesome. I mean, there are exceptions, and he's grown out of most of it, but...Yeah.

    I would say Vegeta is more prideful, but in the worst way and also has a level of insecurity that rivals it, and goes full toxic at its worst. Escanors concern is solely on himself in his inherent superiority, where as Vegeta goes out of his way to prove that he is superior, and anything that might slightly question it drives him nuts.

    But, Escanor is pure, sweet, delicious pride.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    For what it's worth, Escanor didn't spend most of his life under the thumb of a guy that could crush him like a gnat with the slightest thought, who had also swatted his entire race.

    Now that Vegeta got people he cares about, he's a lot more mellow and comedic with his pride, being able to swallow it to try and entertain or train under Buu, while also being able to use his pride to super-boost his Super Saiyajin God powers to allow him to overpower a new-born God of Destruction and kinda-sorta keep pace with Jiren for a short while.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •