Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I really should be above being upset by entertainment not aimed at my demographic, and I'm generally cool people having their TT: Go! and DC:SHG. But I'm not gonna lie, this one probably raise my blood pressure.
    There's a difference, between for children but is stupid to everyone else above it (Baby Shark, Spongebob Squarepants, Teen Titans Go!, the "Elmo's World" quarter section of Sesame Street), to something for children, yet can still actually be charming.

Having given a few episodes of "PJ Masks" a chance already for instance, villains still commits crimes of robbery, to robbing objects that gives them power to "take over the world". Heroes still suit up to prevent that. Heroes still rides sweet custom-made vehicles. Heroes still has specialized abilities and powers to help track down the villain(s). Oftentimes, think their ways to end the danger. Even characters given dynamic, even some hilarious dialogue along the way.

Of course, the ways of combatting evil must even still further be toned down from a goofy fight sequence of original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but just saying, if made a kids' Batman show, Batman & co could still be resourceful and intelligent, although Batarang use would be for trick snaring, like knocking over garbage cans to fall on them, or attached with Bat-grapple to tie them up, rather than outright bonking someone on the head with it. Joker could still be happy and laughing, maybe even gassing Gothamites with non-lethal laughing gas that only sends them uncontrollably laughing. Penguin could still be robbing bird artifacts, Catwoman could still be after "Cat" stuff, like "Catseye" or "Catapult". But villains' aims against heroes must only be beating them up, or making sure they are out of their way so they can go committing further crime. Batman & co could still come up with intelligent, inventive, even "educational" for the children viewers ways to capture the criminals. Could still capture the positive spirit of Batman, finding ways to dance cleverness yet still endears with children can be part of the fun.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-28-2019 at 09:33 PM.

I think JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION was a perfect cartoon for young and old fans. A Batman Family toon done in that style (maybe even a little more toned down for even smaller children) would be perfectly fine! My son has been a Batman fan since he could talk. He got these on his FIRST birthday:

little.jpg

And as soon as he was ready for action figures he started collecting the Imaginext DC toys (he just turned 7 and still loves them!).

Had there been a "younger audience" Batman toon focusing on the Batfamily when he was 2-5 years old we would've tuned in every week. It doesn't have to be liked by grown-ups without children, but as a dad (who loves Batman) of a young child I would definitely be behind it.

I've been thinking to myself that the next all-ages Batman cartoon should probably be heavily-focused on the Batfamily and get to showcase all the Robins and Batgirls together along with Batman.

Kind of like that Superman and Superboy pitch that we heard about a while back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    You forgot those Batman Unlimited short lived direct-to-video and toy line.
    I have not forgotten it. I enjoyed it. I accepted it for what it was.

I hope AT&T does a junior Bats show. I think it would be good for the character.

Astonishing Member

There's a difference, between for children but is stupid to everyone else above it (Baby Shark, Spongebob Squarepants, Teen Titans Go!, the "Elmo's World" quarter section of Sesame Street), to something for children, yet can still actually be charming.
    Agreed.

Some equate 'written for children' and 'written by small children'; unfortunately, many of them seem to be in children's entertainment industry.

Having given a few episodes of "PJ Masks" a chance already for instance, villains still commits crimes of robbery, to robbing objects that gives them power to "take over the world". Heroes still suit up to prevent that. Heroes still rides sweet custom-made vehicles. Heroes still has specialized abilities and powers to help track down the villain(s). Oftentimes, think their ways to end the danger. Even characters given dynamic, even some hilarious dialogue along the way.

Of course, the ways of combatting evil must even still further be toned down from a goofy fight sequence of original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but just saying, if made a kids' Batman show, Batman & co could still be resourceful and intelligent, although Batarang use would be for trick snaring, like knocking over garbage cans to fall on them, or attached with Bat-grapple to tie them up, rather than outright bonking someone on the head with it. Joker could still be happy and laughing, maybe even gassing Gothamites with non-lethal laughing gas that only sends them uncontrollably laughing. Penguin could still be robbing bird artifacts, Catwoman could still be after "Cat" stuff, like "Catseye" or "Catapult". But villains' aims against heroes must only be beating them up, or making sure they are out of their way so they can go committing further crime. Batman & co could still come up with intelligent, inventive, even "educational" for the children viewers ways to capture the criminals. Could still capture the positive spirit of Batman, finding ways to dance cleverness yet still endears with children can be part of the fun.
    Agreed with everything.

Extraordinary Member

As long as it is still an Action Adventure Cartoon and not something as hyperactive and annoying as "Teen Titans Go!" why not?
    Unfortunately that seems to be rare when it comes to current cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    As long as it is still an Action Adventure Cartoon and not something as hyperactive and annoying as "Teen Titans Go!" why not?
    Teen Titans was a good show like that.

A more modern one could have been a Super Kids one. Instead of JUST the Super Sons, it would be the youngest legacies of each family in the series going on wacky and fun adventures while still being heroes. With a cameo every so often of the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'd totally take something like Justice League Action. That show ended way too soon...

Agreed with all of this. PJ Masks really kind of shows how to do a superhero cartoon for the junior demographic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Agreed with all of this. PJ Masks really kind of shows how to do a superhero cartoon for the junior demographic.
    Agreed about PJ Masks.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a Pre-K aimed Bat show.

Some sort of Lil Gotham adaptation would be cute.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Sure why not

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Some sort of Lil Gotham adaptation would be cute.
    Oh, a Lil' Gotham cartoon would be adorable .

Sounds like a great idea.