Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Outside of Steve Trevor no one in Diana's lore is interesting at all, her mythos are so lack luster. Batman and Wonder Woman is my definitive pairing.

Being honest, I'd pick Batman over Steve if it weren't for my respect for the origins and status quo. Everyone else from her cast is actually more boring than Steve.
    There is lots of potential in Wonder Woman's cast, but lots of writers have chosen to go with the most boring decisions long-term.

Because there are examples where Diana's friends are done right. The movie for one, The Legend of Wonder Woman for another. Heck, even Morrison managed a delightful Etta Candy in Earth One.

And Ferdinand (which I was ho-hum about earlier) certainly has some real potential, as Wilson showed in the summer oneshot adventure, though it requires the right kind of writer. Add in either Julia Kapatelis or Helena Sandsmark, and you have a solid beginning core for a cast.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

More Ferdinand is always a good thing though I didn't like his oneshot appearance because he seemed a little dim. Julia's function has already been served by Barbara Ann Minerva so I'm not sure what she'd provide going forward. We read the mother/daughter Perez stories and they were good then but I don't see why we'd need a redo of them. I'd rather Mayfly join the supporting cast as a reformed villain turned fledgling superhero that thinks about most things differently than Wonder Woman due to her disadvantaged background and experiences.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 09-03-2019 at 05:12 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Most popular story with CHeetah would be Perez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's really not a good look that Minerva's most popular story is her origin from decades ago.
    I think Rucka's last story has taken the place of the Perez run.
    It seems to be influencing her movie incarnation the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    More Ferdinand is always a good thing though I didn't like his oneshot appearance because he seemed a little dim. Julia's function has already been served by Barbara Ann Minerva so I'm not sure what she'd provide going forward. We read the mother/daughter Perez stories and they were good then but I don't see why we'd need a redo of them. I'd rather Mayfly join the supporting cast as a reformed villain turned fledgling superhero that thinks about most things differently than Wonder Woman due to her disadvantaged background and experiences.
    Yeah, between Barbara Ann and Robinson's abysmal use of them, there isn't much for the Kapatelis women to do.
    I think Julia could maybe take over Barbara's role with ARGUS, but Helena Sandsmark could do that as well and she might work better because she comes with Cassie

Julia could serve Barbara's role in ARGUS because Barbara doesn't have that role anymore. Helena doesn't have to since she's more a Cassie adjacent character.

Cassie in this book would be good too.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Julia could serve Barbara's role in ARGUS because Barbara doesn't have that role anymore. Helena doesn't have to since she's more a Cassie adjacent character.
    Yeah I agree that Barbara isn't really standing in the way of Julia taking that role, because she's never going to get it back.
    But the lack of either Wonder Girl from the main book is a source of contention for some fans. If Cassie is ideally used more, why not just use her mother? The characters have some differences, but I don't think they have enough with the limited page space available to really justify using both families that fill a similar role. and the Sandsmarks having a WG makes them look like a better vehicle for stories with ties to other books.

Let's not stray too far from the topic, folks.

WW 77, not 'who do you want in WW.' Plenty of threads for that
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

It was a great issue, in which Diana and Steve actually sounded like real people, for a few panels. Diana's outrage, at what happened in "our house" was well-played. I liked that the drama was actually unfolding in a place that Diana considers her home, and that we're getting a break from the flying off to magical lands, ..a pulp convention that I love, by the way. Since it's official that Wonder Woman does NOT live in Washington, DC, anymore, and we're grocery shopping in her new hometown, ..I wish we could do better, than Virginia Shoreline for a name.

Is it Virginia Beach, Norfolk or a fictional city [YES!]? Marston Beach? Holliday City? At this point, I'd settle for Virginia City...almost anything.

As for Steve, I think Diana should order him into action, like a PIZZA, ..only when she needs his special skill set and top secret access to things - and fun, of course. Etta should be the mainstay, and Steve should be off doing Steve-things. Further, I think Steve should routinely call her in for X-filesy problems.

UPDATE: The new iconic residence is OCEAN CITY!!! As of Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me #1, Diana's iconic beach house has been moved from Virginia Shoreline to Maryland's coast, ..at Ocean City. More GREAT NEWS - she's sharing the house with Etta Candy, and they're already getting on each others' nerves, a little...love it!

Thank you, Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-06-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think? I find it interesting that Diana was ready to kill Cheetah. I also find it interesting Steve is jealous
    For me both these seemed to be limited to the effect of the Goddess of Love being killed.

I gave this three out of five.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Good call! They do look like they could possibly be the Fates!
    I wondered about that, but aren’t there four of them?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor