Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Talking World War Hulk without the PIS

If World War Hulk went after the Illuminati members (Reed, Stark, Strange, Xavier) and we switched off PIS for these characters, would Hulk have been as threatening as he was made out to be?

No.

/limit
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Yeah between Reed, Stark, and Xavier working together (Xavier's obviously not on their level but he's come up with some pretty good tech himself) Hulk's kinda screwed no matter how mad he gets. Not so sure about Strange since he was heavily nerfed around that time period.
    Last edited by wjowski; 08-28-2019 at 08:28 PM.

BANNED

Not sure...his powers do get better as he gets madder no? But Strange would hsve beat him for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Yeah between Reed, Stark, and Xavier working together (Xavier's obviously not on their level but he's come up with some pretty good tech himself) Hulk's kinda screwed no matter how mad he gets. Not so sure about Strange since he was heavily nerfed around that time period.
    I mean the only reason Strange lost was because he was PIS'd to hell and back and stopped beating the **** out of him/got close enough for Hulk to grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Not sure...his powers do get better as he gets madder no? But Strange would hsve beat him for sure.
    No he just gets stronger.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

he's just a big powerful brick. reed and stark figure something out.

bob unmakes him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he's just a big powerful brick. reed and stark figure something out.

bob unmakes him.
    I mean there's not a whole lot to figure out. There's more than enough brainpower there to build a gun that just tosses Hulk to another dimension or somesuch.

Didn't Black Bolt fail so hard it was retconned that he was actually a Skrull?

The Hulk gets stopped hard at the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Yep.

/limit

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

I like the idea that Black Bolt just blasts Hulk off the moon.

It's a funny picture.

BANNED

Post Deleted
    Last edited by Mider2009; 08-29-2019 at 10:37 AM.

BANNED

Also he did lose via tech...he was stopped by Iron Mans tech

Has anyone read the comic or just assuming everyone jobbed?

He stomped the x men hard...he let Xavier life though. But he fucked up wolveribe badly and the rest, his fight with juggernaut was pretty PIS though but he’s beaten him before no? Idk how strong he is mentally but I think Emma Frost couldn’t get in his mind n she was restraining Xavier

He didn’t fight Namor as Namor was against sending him away.

He beat Iron man for a bit because he brought tech from another planet n shut everything down I believe. After Ironman got things back up to working the tech reverted Hulk back to Banner

He did not fight Thor

He beat the fantastic four and The Human Totch young super nova.

Everyone crying about Nlack Bolts showings should know that the fight screwed up the join I believe...Black Bolt didn’t even kill Thanos pint blank with a scream.

The Ghost Rider had no interest in stopping him

They also discussed sending him to another dimension but they said it was just a temporary solution. Dr Strange told Hulk he could snuff him out...so Hulk reverted back to banner which made Strange loser his guard and the Hulk broke his hands so he couldn’t perform magic.

Idk why everyone’s crying about PIS....I mean by that logic why didn’t Odin just stomp The invading armies in war of realms or dr Strange just beat everyone?

Every story will have plot holes

He stomped the x men hard...he let Xavier life though. But he fucked up wolveribe badly and the rest, his fight with juggernaut was pretty PIS though but he’s beaten him before no? Idk how strong he is mentally but I think Emma Frost couldn’t get in his mind n she was restraining Xavier

He beat Iron man for a bit because he brought tech from another planet n shut everything down I believe. After Ironman got things back up to working the tech reverted Hulk back to Banner

He did not fight Thor

Everyone crying about Nlack Bolts showings should know that the fight screwed up the join I believe...Black Bolt didn’t even kill Thanos pint blank with a scream.

The Ghost Rider had no interest in stopping him

They also discussed sending him to another dimension but they said it was just a temporary solution. Dr Strange told Hulk he could snuff him out...so Hulk reverted back to banner which made Strange loser his guard and the Hulk broke his hands so he couldn’t perform magic.

Idk why everyone’s crying about PIS....I mean by that logic why didn’t Odin just stomp The invading armies in war of realms or dr Strange just beat everyone?

Nobody here is "crying" about PIS. The scenario introduced by the OP simply asks how World War Hulk would have gone without the PIS. And the answer is clear, Hulk would have lost, because there were several confrontations that should have ended with Hulk losing, if not for plot-induced stupidity. Hulk's anger only increases his strength, period. It doesn't make him more invulnerable or able to regenerate faster. It doesn't make him faster or more resistant to mental attacks or getting dumped into another dimension.

BANNED

Honestly I would argue the biggest problem with WWH is that Hulk himself dosn't realy come off as sympathetic as the writers intended him to be and as much as the Illuminati had that beating coming, Hulk came off as to unlikable for it to have it's intended cathaticism. As opose to any pis related stuff.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 08-29-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

It's less that folks jobbed THAT many people out than that he didn't really outperform what previous versions of Hulk pulled off until he went World Breaker. His hype until then didn't really accomplish much beyond beating people he could already beat, having his victories undercut by revelations in other titles, or jobbing out Sentry and Doctor Strange.

The X-Men tie in was the best written part of the arc from a PIS standpoint, and that's because the X-Men are generally a bunch of street levelers to mid tiers who generally get torn through by a lone class 100 anyway. It still underplayed Xavier-- him being shut down by Emma Frost was nonsense.

Not really sure what this has to do with anything.

Ironman also had some of his anti-gamma tech sabotaged beforehand. Plus, Hulk has beaten Hulkbuster armors before.

A thing he's done consistently before. Though given that Reed had to time to prepare, he should have brought something a lot better than a glorified flashlight.

The Black Bolt that Hulk fought was later revealed to be a Skrull whose fake scream couldn't take down Namor. I don't remember if Black Bolt was suffering some kind of depowering or not when he fought Thanos, but Thanos is so beyond Hulk for durability it doesn't really matter.

Strange having his Astral Form harmed should't have crippled him though. He's continued fighting when his astral form has essentially been pulped.

You're correct that every story has some PIS. That doesn't mean WWH didn't. I do think it wasn't as much PIS as people often paint it as having, but as you yourself point out what he pulled off wasn't really THAT impressive for the Hulk.