Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I basically agree 100% with Captain Morgan. Big surprise, I know.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Nobody here is "crying" about PIS. The scenario introduced by the OP simply asks how World War Hulk would have gone without the PIS. And the answer is clear, Hulk would have lost, because there were several confrontations that should have ended with Hulk losing, if not for plot-induced stupidity. Hulk's anger only increases his strength, period. It doesn't make him more invulnerable or able to regenerate faster. It doesn't make him faster or more resistant to mental attacks or getting dumped into another dimension.
    I don’t think that’s true, I believe in other stories all his abilities increase.

Second Every story has PIS, like Thanos fighting tyrant equally or resisting reality warping or the sa8bt of killers not being able to kill a vampire.

Too many cooks for WWHulk sadly. Would have been better if it had stayed the mini-event it was originally envisioned as, with Hulk actually striking the high threat targets before they have chance to prepare, or are even really aware what's happening.

Sadly it became another big event, centered in New York.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It's less that folks jobbed THAT many people out than that he didn't really outperform what previous versions of Hulk pulled off until he went World Breaker. His hype until then didn't really accomplish much beyond beating people he could already beat, having his victories undercut by revelations in other titles, or jobbing out Sentry and Doctor Strange.

The X-Men tie in was the best written part of the arc from a PIS standpoint, and that's because the X-Men are generally a bunch of street levelers to mid tiers who generally get torn through by a lone class 100 anyway. It still underplayed Xavier-- him being shut down by Emma Frost was nonsense.

Not really sure what this has to do with anything.

Ironman also had some of his anti-gamma tech sabotaged beforehand. Plus, Hulk has beaten Hulkbuster armors before.

A thing he's done consistently before. Though given that Reed had to time to prepare, he should have brought something a lot better than a glorified flashlight.

The Black Bolt that Hulk fought was later revealed to be a Skrull whose fake scream couldn't take down Namor. I don't remember if Black Bolt was suffering some kind of depowering or not when he fought Thanos, but Thanos is so beyond Hulk for durability it doesn't really matter.

Strange having his Astral Form harmed should't have crippled him though. He's continued fighting when his astral form has essentially been pulped.

You're correct that every story has some PIS. That doesn't mean WWH didn't. I do think it wasn't as much PIS as people often paint it as having, but as you yourself point out what he pulled off wasn't really THAT impressive for the Hulk.
    Im just mentioning why he and Namor didn’t battle. Namor was part of the Illuminati.

It was a spur of the moment fight with the FF really.

Idk how durable Thanos is in comparison but Thanos is said to be concerned about him. The scream did mess up the moon and that was more damage then Black Bolts scream did in infinity.

He did beat iron man latest HB armor but I think there was better tech Ironman couldn’t access.when he did he beat Hulk fast.

I don’t believe that was Dr Strange astral form, he broke his physical hands if I remember correctly. Strange was also merged with a pretty powerful demon.

I haven’t read much Hulk but I found it to be pretty impressive.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Im just mentioning why he and Namor didn’t battle. Namor was part of the Illuminati.

It was a spur of the moment fight with the FF really.

Idk how durable Thanos is in comparison but Thanos is said to be concerned about him. The scream did mess up the moon and that was more damage then Black Bolts scream did in infinity.

He did beat iron man latest HB armor but I think there was better tech Ironman couldn’t access.when he did he beat Hulk fast.

I don’t believe that was Dr Strange astral form, he broke his physical hands if I remember correctly. Strange was also merged with a pretty powerful demon.

I haven’t read much Hulk but I found it to be pretty impressive.

I don't think the scream messed up the moon so much as the fight they had screwed with tides on Earth. Which is one of the better feats of that story, but still not especially out there for a class 100. Hulk and Superman have both pulled stuff like that before and since.
    Nah, the Strange stuff was all in Hulk's head. Hence, astral form.

WWH would have worked fine if they'd given him some kind of intrinsic "I am Thanos" type control over his person. They could have maybe chalked it up to the bomb unlocking some kind of emotional trigger that made his rage so set it changed his very atoms. That and old power buffing. The latter was more or less the excuse they gave in a story where Thor fought a magic viking.

I don't think the scream messed up the moon so much as the fight they had screwed with tides on Earth. Which is one of the better feats of that story, but still not especially out there for a class 100. Hulk and Superman have both pulled stuff like that before and since.
    The fight they had destroyed a chunk of the moon tue size of Rhode Island. At least I /think/ that's the in-comic dialogue.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Just looked it up...you’re correct, it was in his head but for some reason it affected Strange in the real world.

Haven’t seen the one where they affected the tidal waves.

Astonishing Member

Also since when were Strange's hands a big part of his spellcasting? Hell having screwed up hands is what led to him becoming Sorcerer Supreme in the first place.
    Last edited by wjowski; 08-29-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I don’t think that’s true, I believe in other stories all his abilities increase.

Second Every story has PIS, like Thanos fighting tyrant equally or resisting reality warping or the sa8bt of killers not being able to kill a vampire.
    Thanos had an external power up to fight Tyrant and he was still doing not that great. Thanos resisting reality warping falls within his resistances fine in terms of the manner he did so, the Saint of Killers guns kill living things and Cassidy isn't alive in any particular sense as a vampire, the guns still did the same sort of damage to him they did to living bodies generally, he just happened to come back from it. You have an interesting set of standards as regards certain characters.

Everyone crying about Nlack Bolts showings
    Idk why everyone’s crying about PIS
    You sure post a lot on a place that you hold the posters of in active, insulting contempt.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-29-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Everyone crying about Nlack Bolts showings should know that the fight screwed up the join I believe...Black Bolt didn’t even kill Thanos pint blank with a scream.

black bolt was weakened by blowing up the terrigan bomb
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

For some reason I read the title as "World War Hulk without the IRS" and thought the world was really screwed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    For some reason I read the title as "World War Hulk without the IRS" and thought the world was really screwed now.
    Hulk destroyed the IRS

Becomes Earth's most beloved Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Also since when the were Strange's hands a big part of his spellcasting? Hell having screwed up hands is what led to him becoming Sorcerer Supreme in the first place.
    I'm no Dr Strange expert but he's often drawn with his fingers shaped in a certain way, usually with the index and pinkie finger pointed up, when he's casting spells. Spellcasting may require general hand patterns as opposed to accurate surgical precision.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk destroyed the IRS

Becomes Earth's most beloved Hero.
    Among billionaires.