Default Thundercats vs. Silverhawks

The Original Thundercats vs. the Silverhawks.

Arena battle.

Amazing Member

I want to give it to the Silverhawks as they can all fly (with the exception of Blue Grass, though he does have the Mirage...but I don't know if you want to include vehicles in this battle) and have long ranged weapons. I assume the Silverhawks are their standard original team, right? So no Hot Wing or Flashback. The Sword of Omens might be enough to tip things in the Thundercats favor though...that thing is POWERFUL. I'll stick with the Silverhawks. They could fly up in the air, bombard the Cats with shoulder lasers, then try to take down whomever is left standing. If you're including Hot Wing and Flashback as Silverhawks though, this is a curbstomp, as each of those characters has powerful magic and time control respectively.

I almost feel like it's going to come down to the Silverhawks vs. Lion-O, with Lion-O probably coming out on top because as time went on, the Sword of Omens started to take on more powers on the fly, kind of like Silver Age Superman. Even without that caveat, the sword's more versatile than anything in the Silverhawks' arsenal, with starship-destroying energy blasts and its own self-guided flight. Plus, it has the added bonus of reviving KO'd Thundercats just by shining the Eye of Thundera into the sky.

I realize this page doesn't cite most of its sources, so it might not be Rumbles appropriate. Someone with an episode guide can verify or disprove at their discretion. Still, some of the powers listed include energy projection, force field generation, temperature control, and even holding an entire planet together to prevent its explosion.

The Sword of Omens might be versatile as hell but is Lion-O durable enough not to get his arm shot off?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    The Sword of Omens might be versatile as hell but is Lion-O durable enough not to get his arm shot off?
    I think that's why I give it to the Silverhawks. Add on top of that, the Sword of Omens is all over the place. Yes, one moment it is doing those bad to the bone cosmic level power stunts, the next moment it is being easily broken by a big fat cyborg dude (Tuglug was his name, I think?) I have little doubt that the Silverhawk's resident strongman, Steel Will, could probably pull off the same thing Tuglug did, so that might render the sword powerless. However, it does do all the funky stuff, so Lion-O might be able to beat them all, figuring they are unable to knock him out first...and with Quicksilver being a speedster, I think that might be possible. It's tough to call.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well he is tough enough to survive in boiling water as well as in space without a proper suit. make of that what you will.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    I think that's why I give it to the Silverhawks. Add on top of that, the Sword of Omens is all over the place. Yes, one moment it is doing those bad to the bone cosmic level power stunts, the next moment it is being easily broken by a big fat cyborg dude (Tuglug was his name, I think?) I have little doubt that the Silverhawk's resident strongman, Steel Will, could probably pull off the same thing Tuglug did, so that might render the sword powerless. However, it does do all the funky stuff, so Lion-O might be able to beat them all, figuring they are unable to knock him out first...and with Quicksilver being a speedster, I think that might be possible. It's tough to call.
    tugmug is his name. and as a rule, we only go by high-end consistent feats. so considering the sword could survive and escape a blackhole, i'd say it's pretty damn tough.

how fast are the silverhawks? can't really remember any good speed feats for any of them.