Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    In my case its also mostly because of the attitude of WW,Aquaman,Batman...I mean this royalty thing by Aquaman his arrogance, the arrogance of WW and this new writing of Batman really goes on my nerves.

Donna is just more friendly etc. She is for sure the nicer person to have around.

Barry is also horrible in the DC Animated Movies...In the TV Series he is humble etc. but in the DC Animated Movies he is to arrogant for me, especially for someone who created Flashpoint.

For Superman I just find Conner cooler and the more updated Version while Clark feels for me like being outdated.

For Aquaman I like Tempest Outfit,Powers,Personality more..
    Diana isn't arrogant. Not when she's written correctly, at least.

I like pre-Crisis Donna a lot, but to me she's become more of a headache inducing continuity punchline than a character at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Does anyone else like the legacy characters more than the original ones?

Barry-Wally-Bart
    Here I also like Wally and Bart much more than Barry.
    Even if it's obvious, for context (that you established) you should emphasize Jay-Barry-Wally-Bart
    Barry was not the original, he was the definitive legacy character, sh!t he somewhat started it.
    His whole story started with him reading the original.

Fine you like the later but recognize Barry was a legacy not the original
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-29-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Diana isn't arrogant. Not when she's written correctly, at least.

I like pre-Crisis Donna a lot, but to me she's become more of a headache inducing continuity punchline than a character at this point.
    I like Diana in some old stories like Sins of Youth or in the Batman Story where she first met Jason...
    BUT recently I find her to much commanding etc.

Donna is just the better person for me, much more caring for others, not so arrogant etc.

These might not be legacy in the sense that they were directly connected to the original, but:
    -- Dr Mid-Nite Pieter Cross
    -- Black Condor John Trujillo
    -- Dr Light Kimiyo Hoshi
    -- Manhunter Mark Shaw

Extraordinary Member

For me it's a mixed bag. I like Wally more than Barry (even though I like Barry), but I like Hal and Kyle more than the other Lanterns (though I still like the other Lanterns). I love Batman and Nightwing equally, but I'm not that fond of Damian if only because of overexposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not the much the Legacies than some tangential heroes, if I make sense : Cassandra Cain (Orphan), Duke Thomas (Signal), Damian Wayne (Robin) and Jason Todd (Red Hood) are my favorite Bat-affiliated characters, for instance, and only one of them is truly a legacy.
    Going off what I believe is your definition, all except one of those would be deemed legacy characters. Damian and Jason were/are both Robins and Cassandra was famously Batgirl. In fact, if I'm remembering correctly, Cass was the one to headline the first ever Batgirl solo series. Maybe someone else can fact-check that, but I think I'm correct?

And honestly, if you like Cass, you should probably pick up some of that series since I think the general consensus is that that series featured a better-written Cass than current comics. But, really, aren't all of them legacy characters simply because of the fact that all of them have been mentored by Batman?

I also have a fond spot for brand new characters (The Silencer, Naomi, the Immortal Men, the Unexpected, Damage, Sideways, Brimstone, Crush, Djinn, Roundhouse even); so I'm more of an iconoclast, I guess.
    Wouldn't Crush also be a legacy since she's essentially a miniature version of Lobo?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-29-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Dr Light Kimiyo Hoshi
    I have never read her - why did she pick the name/motif of a villain?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    She didn't pick it. If I'm remembering correctly, she was basically given that identity by the Monitor during Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    She didn't pick it. If I'm remembering correctly, she was basically given that identity by the Monitor during Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Well, that's unusual. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    IIRC, the Monitor chose it for her. She was a research scientist from Japan who got turned into a superhero during Crisis on Infinite Earths, because Monitor needed someone with those specific abilities. I still remember the big "group scene" with hundreds of heroes getting together in Crisis, and Dr. Light didn't understand them, because she only spoke Japanese. I think Katana of the Outsiders translated for her. I thought she was interesting in that, and as a semi-member in the first few issues of the post-Legends Justice League.

I don't think I've seen her since then, but from what I've seen mentioned online, it does seems she's still around, even though the villain of the same name has also been around some since then.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Fantastic Member

Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin - my absolute favourite legacy moment in comics. Morrison flipping the old dark Batman and optimistic Robin dynamic was just brilliant.

Does Superboy Prime count as legacy? I actually felt sorry for him at times.

Over at Marvel, I think the only legacy character I really liked was Genis-Vell. That old (was it) Peter David (?) run I found immensely enjoyable.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It depends.

Tim Drake is my preferred Robin and I love Dick as Nightwing. In fact, I would take either over Bruce Wayne but Bruce will always be the only Batman in any permanent sense.
    I prefer Stephanie Brown as Batgirl to Barbara Gordon who I prefer as Oracle.
    I like both Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord but I do largely prefer Ted as BB especially with Booster and the JLI.
    I prefer Wally to Barry as the Flash. That's easy. Still, I like Barry just not the current version.
    I prefer Impulse to any version of Kid Flash.
    Kyle Rayner is just about my favourite Green Lantern but I have a fondness for five of the six Earth Gls (Sorry, Baz)
    Ollie easily beats Conner as Green Arrow, though I do certainly like the latter too.
    I like Cassandra Kane but not as Batgirl.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Even if it's obvious, for context (that you established) you should emphasize Jay-Barry-Wally-Bart
    Barry was not the original, he was the definitive legacy character, sh!t he somewhat started it.
    His whole story started with him reading the original.

Fine you like the later but recognize Barry was a legacy not the original
    There is an argument that The Golden Age Characters aren't part of the legacy line. They were cancelled, the names rebooted, and thus weren't part of the string of events that defined DC's legacy characters until shoehorned in after Crisis. Even in Post-Crisis continuity, the mentoring factor that defined such legacies as Nightwing wasn't present across the GA/SA divide. By that logic, Jaime is not a Blue Beetle legacy.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Most definitely no, with the exception of a handful of Silver age/Bronze age/modern characters, I prefer the original Golden age versions.

Wouldn't Crush also be a legacy since she's essentially a miniature version of Lobo?
    Not really. Lobo eagerly wiped out his own race and has apparently made sure to wipe out any possible descendants of his. Crush, despite her parents being druggies, dearly loved them and has been shown to value other people. Lobo, really only values his word, dolphins, and his bike.

Think Orion and Darkseid, or Damian and R'as.

Anyway; kind of already at the point where I prefer Legacies over the originals. Jason Todd has become my favorite character (Lobo is second, simply for his wacky adventures). The relationships between the legacies I find more endearing than most of the original characters, as well as far more personable (though with a dad like modern Batman, that's not hard to do, admittedly).

The Robins and Batgirls, I pretty much like all of them. Connor Kent I like in Young Justice, while Jon Kent was a great addition to the Super Family (as a kid). Dick Grayson was honestly a better overall father figure to Damian. Wally, well, I grew up with the DCAU in the 1990s/early 2000s. So Wally was the Flash for me.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

But I remember her origin laterly has been retconed and her Dr.Light Identity was related to her father IIRC
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)