Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are some new secondary titles coming?

Bleeding Cool reports that the secondary Spider-Man titles (FNSM, Superior Spider-Man) are likely coming to an end, as was always the intent, and that follow-ups are already being planned.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...od-spider-man/

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is wrapping up – we reported that Marvel had added a Finale cover to #12, then announced to retailers that the series was no longer cancelled. It turns out the original plan was for the series to end with issue 12, and the cover was a hangover from that, but the book was so well received that the series writer Tom Taylor was asked to write a few more issues. Apparently the ‘secondary’ Spider-Man titles, such as Friendly and Superior, are all intended to have a short shelf life, and they are already planning a follow-up for 2020.
    What do you guys want to see? What do you guys think we'll see? Are twelve issue secondary titles a good idea?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It is very important that the Spider-Line maintain title variety. It is the perfect time to launch a new iteration of Get Kraven.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

For me it always falls onto who're the creative teams. Superior and Friendly were written by people whose work I don't like, so.

Maybe if Spencer was writing two books I'd get more than Amazing. But then the Kindred story-line would probably take even longer and I'd die of boredom from more Syndicate arcs
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 08-29-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Wouldn't the Morbius and Scream books count for this?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    For me it always falls onto who're the creative teams. Superior and Friendly were written by people whose work I don't like, so.

Maybe if Spencer was writing two books I'd get more than Amazing. But then the Kindred story-line would probably take even longer and I'd die of boredom from more Syndicate arcs
    Marvel's making more money with Spencer on twice-monthly Amazing Spider-Man, rather than having him work on two different titles.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wouldn't the Morbius and Scream books count for this?

We have Amazing Mary Jane, JJ Abrams Spider-Man, morbius, and Scream all starting in next few months. They need to not overstaturate the market to give these titles a chance to sell.

I can think of three that would be nice to see, though we wouldn't get them all at the same time unless it was a multi-dimensional team book: Spider-Girl (616), Spider-Girl (MC2) and Spiderling (from Renew Your Vows).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    We have Amazing Mary Jane, JJ Abrams Spider-Man, morbius, and Scream all starting in next few months. They need to not overstaturate the market to give these titles a chance to sell.
    The Spidey ones are minis so new secondary titles can be launched afterwards. Come to think of it, it may be intentional that they have two five issue mini-series out soon as that allows for a big launch (or two) the next month.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

I want a new series featuring another spider-character. Maybe Spider-Man 2099 written by spencer or Kaine written by Skottie Young.

I think it's safe to say that Miguel will eventually come with his own book since they want to do an event around 2099. I think Nick Spencer is actually going to run that whole show.

If Spencer tries to write another ongoing he'll spontaneously combust.

I hope that Bleeding Cool is wrong about FNSM ending. I hope it continues until LGY#50 or something. I just really like Tom Taylor's writing for this character and his world.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can think of three that would be nice to see, though we wouldn't get them all at the same time unless it was a multi-dimensional team book: Spider-Girl (616), Spider-Girl (MC2) and Spiderling (from Renew Your Vows).
    I've been wanting a ongoing with Anya and Mayday for so long. (Web Warriors doesn't count.)

I hope that at least one ongoing features Anya, as a supporting character at least.

I’m not a fan of Spider-Man satellite titles, I like that BND ushered in twice-monthly ASM. I am good with that.

Now, different characters such as Venom and Miles Morales I like seeing in their own titles because there’s no room for them in ASM, and that to me defined what a satellite title should be. Books like Black Cat, Morbius, Ghost Spider, Scream won’t make it past 12 issues, it’s just the nature of the industry. I knew Superior wouldn’t last past 12 issues because it’s a story that was played out already before Superior Octopus came out. Same with Web Warriors (Spider-Verse) and Spider-Man 2099 (2099 Anniversary Event). The recently announced Amazing Mary Jane is odd, keep her story in the pages of ASM. I would much rather have a monthly Spider-title line that’s small and serves a purpose to the greater Marvel Universe.

ASM x 2
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man
    Venom
    Random mini-series (ŕ la Spider-Man: Life Story)

- Jason G. Carr