Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It is very important that the Spider-Line maintain title variety. It is the perfect time to launch a new iteration of Get Kraven.
    That's So Kraven?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

SCARLET SPIDERS

GIVE IT TO US, MARVEL!!!

-Pav, who doesn't ask for much...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Spencer seems to be setting up other Spider-Heroes being relevant to his overall arc, so we might see some spinoffs set up through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    We have Amazing Mary Jane, JJ Abrams Spider-Man, morbius, and Scream all starting in next few months. They need to not overstaturate the market to give these titles a chance to sell.
    The former two are minis and the latter too...I don't want to assume the worst, but I'm not betting on a long shelf life for either of them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    SCARLET SPIDERS

GIVE IT TO US, MARVEL!!!

-Pav, who doesn't ask for much...
    Co-signed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I've been wanting a ongoing with Anya and Mayday for so long. (Web Warriors doesn't count.)

I hope that at least one ongoing features Anya, as a supporting character at least.
    Honestly, if they're not going to give her her own book, Ghost-Spider might be a suitable place for her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

How about Web of Spider-Man. It seems like the only '80s Spider-Man series yet to get a second volume and I've always loved the Web of Spider-Man logo, especially the Spider-Man font (totally think it should be a font of a Spider-Man movie).

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Realistically I can see a new 2099 series launching given that Miguel has an event coming up spinning out of Amazing.

To the very least I am surprised that Marvel hasn't done more mini series with a lot of the Spider characters that don't have their own ongoing. Anya, Cindy, Kaine, and Ben have all kind of just been left there hanging.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    How about Web of Spider-Man. It seems like the only '80s Spider-Man series yet to get a second volume and I've always loved the Web of Spider-Man logo, especially the Spider-Man font (totally think it should be a font of a Spider-Man movie).
    Web of Spider-Man got a second volume during the BND era. It was initially used to expand on the whereabouts of the Spider-villains during the Gauntlet arc.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Web of Spider-Man got a second volume during the BND era. It was initially used to expand on the whereabouts of the Spider-villains during the Gauntlet arc.
    I really liked that Web Of Spider-Man volume, it was a nice little anthology expanding the events of the characters in that time period. The MJ/Black Cat team-up story was a highlight. (Plus it had the only other appearance of Paper Doll.)

I feel like an anthology in that vein may not end up doing as well sales wise, but I'd be all for seeing it again, gives an excuse to give some of the more underrepresented Spider characters (super powered or not) a little spotlight.

Lord I hope not, spiderman is going to become the new Batman with the oversaturation of him and his extended character family into the whole MU.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lord I hope not, spiderman is going to become the new Batman with the oversaturation of him and his extended character family into the whole MU.
    If only Spider-Man did get the same treatment from Marvel in-universe as Batman got from DC both in-universe and out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Realistically I can see a new 2099 series launching given that Miguel has an event coming up spinning out of Amazing.
    I think Miguel is also the only one not getting his actual book revived with the initial 2099 revival, so he might have a new series in the works.
    To the very least I am surprised that Marvel hasn't done more mini series with a lot of the Spider characters that don't have their own ongoing. Anya, Cindy, Kaine, and Ben have all kind of just been left there hanging.
    Maybe the Spidergeddon mini's didn't sell as well as Marvel was hoping, or at least enough to do more with those characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    It comes with being a franchise character, and the biggest IP in the company.

I think the biggest issue is figuring out how all these characters fit into media adaptions.

If they're planning to do ongoings for twelve issues, I wouldn't revive an old title. I'd just go with a clear maxi-series with a decent creative team and some kind of temporary hook, a Spider-Man version of The Long Halloween. So instead of a new Web of Spider-Man, it would be Spider-Man: Revenge of the Sinister Twelve, or Spider-Man: The Neogoblin Saga.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If they're planning to do ongoings for twelve issues, I wouldn't revive an old title. I'd just go with a clear maxi-series with a decent creative team and some kind of temporary hook, a Spider-Man version of The Long Halloween. So instead of a new Web of Spider-Man, it would be Spider-Man: Revenge of the Sinister Twelve, or Spider-Man: The Neogoblin Saga.
    I think the closest equivalent is the Millar Marvel Knights run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If they're planning to do ongoings for twelve issues, I wouldn't revive an old title. I'd just go with a clear maxi-series with a decent creative team and some kind of temporary hook, a Spider-Man version ofA The Long Halloween. So instead of a new Web of Spider-Man, it would be Spider-Man: Revenge of the Sinister Twelve, or Spider-Man: The Neogoblin Saga.
    A miniseries seems a better idea than doing multiple limited volumes of Spider-Man. Eventually you'll get 10 volumes of Spectacular Spider-Man and it will be hard to track. Right now you can separate Spectacular from Vol. 1 (which includes Conway's introductory run, followed by Mantlo, Stern, Mantlo, PAD, DeMatteis) from Vol. 2 (Jenkins) and Vol 3. (Zdarsky) easily but that won't always be the case. FNSM was a new title launched by PAD in the JMS era and now Tom Taylor's revived it, and Taylor's run got better notices than PAD's did.

To me the best Spider-Man team in recent history is in the JMS era where you had a consistent across the board line up of talent on multiple teams and series at the same time. The yield of that era is pretty rich.