Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Which Supergirl is your favorite Version

Hello
    would like to know which Supergirl do you prefer?

I LOVED the Pre-Flashpoint Kara, who trained with the Amazons, created her own outfits and was Cassies best friend.
    Never read much of the Rebirth Supergirl, but I think the Pre-Flashpoint Kara was perfect with her Cat..

Lightbulb

Pre-COIE Kara is my favorite version of the character . Her demise was one of the best DC deaths of all time. It made me cry for real when I first read the issue.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-29-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Pre-COIE Kara is my favorite version of the character . Her demise was one of the best DC deaths of all time. It made me cry for real when I first read the issue.
    Strangely enough her death wasn't the thing to get me. It was her appearance in Whatever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow where the Legion brought the younger character back to a time after her death and Superman has to deal with it while not letting on why her older self isn't around. That scene always brings tears to my eyes.

And yeah the original Kara Zor-El Supergirl from her "secret weapon" days is my favorite Supergirl. Unless you count Power Girl in the same category and then that early Kara Zor-L Pre-Crisis knocks the original down to second place.

Retired

Me too, pre-COIE. But I'll freely admit there was a lot of screwed up continuity and stuff that didn't make sense with her character. And it seems like everyone that's tried to revive Supergirl believes that's the feature, because every other version has been just as confusing.

I'd say that the Otto Binder and Jim Mooney stories had the best sense of what the character should be--a girl fantasy character. I might like the other stuff that was done with her after that, but every new creative team was trying to reinvent her, so she had lots of jobs, lived in lots of different places, went through several costumes and never had the same clear direction that she had early on.

Matrix Supergirl, written by PAD. Great character/book.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't call Cir El my favorite but I was fond of her character and would love to see her make a comeback in the comics.

My favorite incarnation of Supergirl was the one in the DCAU. Her personality was consistent. Comic Kara is all over the place when it comes to personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Matrix Supergirl, written by PAD. Great character/book.
    I have to agree.

But I do feel Supergirl dying in Crisis gave way to some truly interesting interps. I also enjoyed Peege Post Crisis.

I am also grateful for the TV show she has now

Agreed. My collecting be all and end all is to collect every one of this character's appearances in the Silver/Bronze/Copper Age. And I still choke up at that cover. I even gave Perez crap for it in person, his response, "but that's what they wanted and they paid me for it, quite well."

Retired

Whenever Jimmy Olsen rubs his totem, another Supergirl is created.

She is my favorite too.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello
    would like to know which Supergirl do you prefer?

I LOVED the Pre-Flashpoint Kara, who trained with the Amazons, created her own outfits and was Cassies best friend.
    Never read much of the Rebirth Supergirl, but I think the Pre-Flashpoint Kara was perfect with her Cat..
    It's a tie between pre-New 52 Supergirl who eventually made it into the Justice League and Legion and Matrix Supergirl.

Man, I had no idea what was going on with Matrix Supergirl when I first picked it up. It had angels and demons in it. WTH?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's a tie between pre-New 52 Supergirl who eventually made it into the Justice League and Legion and Matrix Supergirl.

Man, I had no idea what was going on with Matrix Supergirl when I first picked it up. It had angels and demons in it. WTH?
    Because it's the biggest example of the "we want legacy characters, but they can't be the same as the original". Superman had to be the ONLY Kryptonian, but they wanted to have a Supergirl character.

Matrix pre angel bond.

In a modern story i wish we could get matrix back even if she could never again be supergirl...take some martian some kryptonian and some human DNA throw it in a blender/cloner. Maybe mix in superboys tactiletelekentics as a reason for the strength...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

I like that Matrix's powers were so good!! Her brand of invisibility could thwart even Superman and Jonn's senses.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Matrix pre angel bond.

In a modern story i wish we could get matrix back even if she could never again be supergirl...take some martian some kryptonian and some human DNA throw it in a blender/cloner. Maybe mix in superboys tactiletelekentics as a reason for the strength...
    Not to tout my own ideas (okay that's exactly what I'm doing but hey, it may suck), but I've always thought it'd be cool to bring Matrix back into continuity and have her take the guise a raven-haired teen and pass her off as Conner's twin sister.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El