Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    she might as well have full access to the Binary powers. At least once a 24 hour period, something.
    Did they ever give a reason they de-Binary'ed her other that the writer wanted her at Ms Marvel level when coming back Earth and The Avengers?

BANNED

The Silver Surfer is clearly in the wrong weight class...
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-02-2019 at 06:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Did they ever give a reason they de-Binary'ed her other that the writer wanted her at Ms Marvel level when coming back Earth and The Avengers?
    there was a x-men unlimited (i think #13) comic where she was losing control of her powers and nearly destroyed a big section of a galaxy and would've killed trillions because she was destabilizing the white star she created in operation galactic storm

the explanation given was that phoenix (jean grey) severed her link and it was given in busiek's iron man run (the live kree or die tie in)

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post

The Silver Surfer is clearly in the wrong weight class...
    I absolutely loved when comics did stuff like this... they were like DVD extras. That said, I never put that much weight in them. This had a couple questionable things in it, and the Surfer is at the top of that list. Namor, She-Hulk and Colossus are also one level too low. Cage at that time is a bit too high, though it's roughly accurate now.

Wundarr the Aquarian can take Wolverine, you heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Wundarr the Aquarian can take Wolverine, you heard it here first.
    Aquarian is actually a pretty powerful character. He's basically impossible to hurt. I sort of wish the guy was used more.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Aquarian is actually a pretty powerful character. He's basically impossible to hurt. I sort of wish the guy was used more.
    Steve Gerber's contributions to the Marvel Universe are generally underused.

Carol’s powers are probably the least of her problems these days.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wasn't this the same comic that had Thanos using a gun?
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    After that he said that he would not like to fight for real against someone like the champion, who is perhaps on the same level as the surfer with the power gem.
    The Champion is known for strength and hand to hand combat, not energy blasts. When he DID meet Champion, he simply outsmarted him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    The Champion is known for strength and hand to hand combat, not energy blasts. When he DID meet Champion, he simply outsmarted him.
    Copy that

He wasn't physically the equal to champion with the power gem, so he out manuvered him

Evil genius at work

The thanos I like

Incredible Member

I have more issues of Hulk walking off screen during the third act.

Hell if he wasn't going to do anything, he shouldn't have been in the team pose.

I reserving judgment on Carol until I see Rogue in the MCU.

No way in heck they aren't going to use this since she's the closest Carol has to a nemesis, and I'm seriously curious to see how it plays out.

So now Carol has shown to be able toe to toe with Thor and capable of pulling off the victory provided he is separated from his hammer. Do you guys think this is too much? Do you think this will become her new baseline??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    So now Carol has shown to be able toe to toe with Thor and capable of pulling off the victory provided he is separated from his hammer. Do you guys think this is too much? Do you think this will become her new baseline??
    I think we should wait for the story to get over
    It's possible this is aaaaall a ruse

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I'm fine with it. I think Marvel is gradually adapting the "any given Sunday" rule with respect to the more powerful characters. Even with only Binary power levels, I can think of several credible ways to write a story where Carol defeats a hammerless Thor. And I can think of several ways that a hammerless Thor would credibly defeat Carol as well.