Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nate Grey vs Cable

Basically Cable without the techno virus vs his other self.

Who wins?

BANNED

Isn’t cable with no techno virus basically Stryfe? I mean the same powers.

About the same yeah? My guess is w/o the TO virus, Cable would have the edge.

Also...vanilla versions of each? No messiah Cable or Shaman Nate?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    About the same yeah? My guess is w/o the TO virus, Cable would have the edge.

Also...vanilla versions of each? No messiah Cable or Shaman Nate?
    Best versions of both.

Eh, I suppose I'd go with Cable with an edge in experience over Nate.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Eh, I suppose I'd go with Cable with an edge in experience over Nate.
    An edge in experience using powers he wasn't able to use most of his existence?

Cable 31 Nate Grey vs Cable

I havent read a lot of the Nate Grey comics, so most of my impression is formed from out of context feats and message boards. But my thinking is that he has more potential than Cable.

The version of Cable who fought Surfer would maybe put up a tough fight against pre-shaman Nate. In comics, he would even win--bloodlusted Nate in the arena would be a beast though. Shaman Nate, on the other hand, has more raw power, more versatility and could just BFR him into another dimension if he wanted.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

That's it, Cable was a beast in Jesus mode, but Shaman Nate can just strand him somewhere he can't come back from. And he's very capable of existing and still acting as a bodiless astral only entity.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's it, Cable was a beast in Jesus mode, but Shaman Nate can just strand him somewhere he can't come back from. And he's very capable of existing and still acting as a bodiless astral only entity.
    Cable can't do the same thing? Is it because Nate has more experience using his powers or was it a power up?

It takes feats: Nate has feats for it, Cable doesn't. Jesus Cable was crazy strong, so strong that the heroes who wanted to basically admitted they couldn't do a damn thing about him and called the Silver Surfer to beat him. And, while Cable lost, it wasn't SO one-sided.

But Nate has SIGNIFICANTLY superior fine manipulation and esoteric feats.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The guy created a version of Madelyne Pryor just to hang around him as a sort of weird step-mother.

He’s insanely powerful.

With him, telekinesis and reality manipulation are basically indistinguishable.

It’s like a third-person Descartes. I think, therefore it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The guy created a version of Madelyne Pryor just to hang around him as a sort of weird step-mother.

He’s insanely powerful.

With him, telekinesis and reality manipulation are basically indistinguishable.

It’s like a third-person Descartes. I think, therefore it is.
    That's it: Cable, at his finest, ignored nukes, laughed at the thoughts of class 100's coming for him, was capable of reading the minds of everyone on Earth at once and sifting useful information from it, and did all of this while holding a multi-billion ton island city floating and maintaining all the services on it just as a background task. He and Surfer together fixed all the damage they were causing basically as they caused it.

But Nate creates people. Nate operates in Planck time and Planck space. Nate dimension hops and dimension dumps like you or I going to the store for a six pack. And Nate, as a disembodied astral spirit, overwhelmed something like 300 mutant psychics working as a gestalt. He manipulates reality like I fold a paper napkin - except he doesn't have to use his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's it: Cable, at his finest, ignored nukes, laughed at the thoughts of class 100's coming for him, was capable of reading the minds of everyone on Earth at once and sifting useful information from it, and did all of this while holding a multi-billion ton island city floating and maintaining all the services on it just as a background task. He and Surfer together fixed all the damage they were causing basically as they caused it.

But Nate creates people. Nate operates in Planck time and Planck space. Nate dimension hops and dimension dumps like you or I going to the store for a six pack. And Nate, as a disembodied astral spirit, overwhelmed something like 300 mutant psychics working as a gestalt. He manipulates reality like I fold a paper napkin - except he doesn't have to use his hands.
    Would you say he would be able to defeat Norrin? I'm just a fan of Cable and Nate and have fond memories of Cable from the old X-Men cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Would you say he would be able to defeat Norrin? I'm just a fan of Cable and Nate and have fond memories of Cable from the old X-Men cartoons.
    That's probably a bridge too far, just because Norrin has such a speed edge. Nate, given the chance to act, might be able to mind-whammy the Surfer, or win a transmutation battle. But here he just doesn't get the chance to act. And, while Nate has the feats for acting as a disembodied astral spirit, I don't know that this helps him if he's instead turned into a teacup or sucked into a singularity before he can think.