Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    One of Franklin's issues is his relative normalcy as far as his brian and mind are. The powers are something altogether different, but without his powers, he's a normal teenager. His life is full of unusual setting and circumstances and where Reed and val can play with devices and Sue, Ben, and Johnny also have non-power skills to be useful, Franklin doesn't have that. He was creating universes and doing something until the Richards returned to Earth. Teenagers, even at the best of times, are hormonal messes. Throw in loss of a role and powers and he has a situation where he does have reason to be pissed. He also hasn't developed the tools to deal with it as yet. Obviously, he's not likable right now. But his angst and drama are understandable.
    Understanding his motivations is one thing, but despising the execution is another.

This isn't a bad book at all but for some reason it feels like it's in limbo. I don't feel anything significant has really happened yet. I truly appreciated the kids look like kids in this one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Understanding his motivations is one thing, but despising the execution is another.
    True. There is a difference between what's being done and how well it's being done. I have liked most of Slott's stuff very much, but I fond his handling of details and particular points of characterization to be good, but not great. IMO, his Surfer made attempts at Gaiman/Moore like concepts and while he did OK, I thought he hadn't hit the heights he was aiming for.

Franklin ha a problem with his repetitive whining about his powers situation. Now, with comics, we have a lot of awkward expository dialogue and that I can agree applies here. While I see the flaws, I will maintain IMO that it's good, not great, which disagrees with your assessment. But that's OK.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    oh yay. Franklin has entered his 'Connor' phase.

You watched Angel, too? Ah, memories. Didn't that end with him being spirited off with memories of a normal life with a normal family so that he'd have a chance to turn out better, circa a Faustian pact between his father (the titular protagonist) and the demon-affiliated law firm trying to bring about the apocalypse?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You watched Angel, too? Ah, memories. Didn't that end with him being spirited off with memories of a normal life with a normal family so that he'd have a chance to turn out better, circa a Faustian pact between his father (the titular protagonist) and the demon-affiliated law firm trying to bring about the apocalypse?
    oh i never finished the series. Connor was part of that. but i enjoyed the first two seasons.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why does Connor look like Anya Stark?
    "Cable was right!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    oh i never finished the series. Connor was part of that. but i enjoyed the first two seasons.
    That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why does Connor look like Anya Stark?
    Hmm, now I'm wondering what Connor vs. or teamed up with Arya Stark would be like. Thanks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This isn't a bad book at all but for some reason it feels like it's in limbo. I don't feel anything significant has really happened yet. I truly appreciated the kids look like kids in this one.
    Yeah I agree, character wise I'm happy, but plot wise it feels like it's treading water slowly

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This. I don't dislike this book, but it continue to be one of most forgettable run of The Fantastic Four. Beside what I really disliked (Doom and Galactus portrayal) it lacks real stakes. After Hickman, you can't do a book so forgetable, especially when you are one the best writers of Marvel. And I know that he can do cosmic adventures: Silver Surfer proved it.
    Last edited by lordozone; 09-10-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !