Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I don’t think 30k per issue qualifies as low selling, but I’m not sure what the op qualifies as low selling.

I think Harley Quinn 63 sold 1 k less than Wonder Woman 74 so I’m not sure if the qualifications here.

I read Deathstroke, Harley Quinn and Batman and the outsiders but I only buy digital.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I don’t think 30k per issue qualifies as low selling, but I’m not sure what the op qualifies as low selling.

I think Harley Quinn 63 sold 1 k less than Wonder Woman 74 so I’m not sure if the qualifications here.

I read Deathstroke, Harley Quinn and Batman and the outsiders but I only buy digital.
    He didn't include the card stock version sales.

Teen Titans and Freedom Fighters. Dropped Doom Patrol. I would imagine that is low selling. Will pick it up again when Way is off of the book.

Spectacular Member

I was reading Terrifics, but dropped it when the last story line wrapped up. New one doesn't really interest me.

Want a REALLY low selling title? I have Looney Tunes on my pull list! According to Comichron, it sells in the 3,xxx range. One of the last $2.99 titles left, and it's good nostalgic fun.

The Terrifics. Still great, despite a writer change.

I am so pleased that Batman Beyond is not listed amongst the low-selling titles. If it were, I'd include it as one of the ones I buy.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Mighty Member

Adventures of the Super Sons and Hawkman. I tried Freedom Fighters; I can't get over the word "Razis." It's such an insignificant thing to get hung up on, but *shrug*

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Here's some of the lower selling DC titles as of late. Which of these do you pick up whenever they come out?

Batman and the Outsiders
    Justice League Dark
    Adventures of the Super Sons
    Teen Titans
    Aquaman
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Martian Manhunter
    Justice League Odyssey
    Supergirl
    Deathstroke
    Red Hood Outlaw
    Hawkman
    Freedom Fighters
    Terrifics
    Aquaman

Was reading Hawkman up until Hitch left. Reading Terrifics in TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Here's some of the lower selling DC titles as of late. Which of these do you pick up whenever they come out?

Batman and the Outsiders
    Justice League Dark
    Teen Titans
    Aquaman
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Martian Manhunter
    Justice League Odyssey
    Supergirl
    Deathstroke
    Red Hood Outlaw
    Hawkman
    Freedom Fighters
    Terrifics
    Most of these titles aren't lower selling.
    There's quite a few lower selling titles not listed eg. BB, YJ, BOM, Doom Patrol, Wonder Twins,Dreaming, Lucifer, wildstrom and more.

Not sure what the cut off is but just a few examples

HQ- 41k in July total sales
    JLD Annual- 43.19k
    Batman/Outsiders- 39k
    TT- 35.53k
    Nightwing- 32.79k

I think you omitted the variant sales

Variants do make quite the difference and it's cool to see split units of regular v Variant. Some titles do get a MAJOR boost from variants especially the cheese cake variants

eg.

Catwoman#13 . Total sales - 49.5k. 16k of those were regular cover the rest [58%] were variant sales.

Combined total sales for July

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...els-july-2019/

Split sales for july

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-07.html

Anyhoo from the list I pick up

AOSS
    TT
    RHO
    HQ
    Batman/Outsiders
    Terrifics
    Deathstroke
    Nightwing
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-30-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Most of these titles aren't lower selling.
    There's quite a few lower selling titles not listed eg. BB, YJ, BOM, Doom Patrol, Wonder Twins,Dreaming, Lucifer, wildstrom and more.

Not sure what the cut off is but just a few examples

HQ- 41k in July total sales
    JLD Annual- 43.19k
    Batman/Outsiders- 39k
    TT- 35.53k
    Nightwing- 32.79k

I think you omitted the variant sales
    That's what I've been hoping the OP would admit to, but . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Variants do make quite the difference and it's cool to see split units of regular v Variant.
    In this case, Diamond / the charts split up the variants from the regular covers because of different price points. Those card stock variants were cover-priced $1.00 more than the regular covers, and parts of the charts do rank how well books performed by how many $'s they bring in from orders placed by local comic book shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I was reading Terrifics, but dropped it when the last story line wrapped up. New one doesn't really interest me.

Want a REALLY low selling title? I have Looney Tunes on my pull list! According to Comichron, it sells in the 3,xxx range. One of the last $2.99 titles left, and it's good nostalgic fun.
    I wonder why DC hasn't cancelled the Looney Tunes book since it is selling so poorly. And it's in the 250-issue range.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I wonder why DC hasn't cancelled the Looney Tunes book since it is selling so poorly. And it's in the 250-issue range.
    I kind of assume there's a contractual requirement for DC to publish a Looney Tunes book for Warner Brothers. If you didn't know, most of the content in current issues is reprint material from earlier in the series. Since DC is coming out with a Scooby-Doo Giant for Wal-Mart, I wonder if they will cancel the Looney Tunes floppy and switch to the Giant line.

Batman and the Outsiders
    Collecting this one as I’m heavily interested in Black Lightning and the rest of the Outsiders as it is a continuation of the Detective Comics arc I really enjoyed.

Justice League Dark
    Loved the N52 JLD and am enjoying these issues so far. Kinda wish they’d give Wonder Woman a rest and let Zatanna take over.

My son is a huge Damian Wayne fan so he started with the first Rebirth Super Sons series then jumped on Adventures. Collected the entire maxi-series, though, I have to catch up on it.

Justice League Odyssey
    Love the idea of a Justice League team primarily based in space, though, I am tired of the Darkseid arc. Not to mention the overuse of the Green Lanterns power ring having the lifespan of a AA battery. Considering dropping this one.

Deathstroke
    Trade collecting these and I am really quite enjoying them. It’s fascinating to see a man as despicable as Slade be so endearing yet tough around the edges.

Hawkman
    Got into this one around Issue #10, bit of a late comer, but I am glad I made the jump. This is seriously my favorite DC ongoing right now. It manages to untwist and make the history of Hawkman readable. Also the single issues dealing with his past lives are awesome as well. Will definitely recommend this one for any fan of superhero comics.

Freedom Fighters
    Another Venditti homerun. Never knew who the Freedom Fighters were until I seen Issue #1 at the comic store. Been following it since and it’s highly recommended as it presents some interesting ideas along with great characters.