Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Well, that answered my question pretty quickly. So Jay did go back to active duty after Joan died, and the Justice League recruited him. Great to see him in this arc, and Forager is fun too. I think Rocket brings a unique perspective to the New Genesis/Apokolips conflict, especially since there are parallels between Orion and Amistad.

Wow, Grayven. He was in one of the first Green Lantern comics I ever bought.

M'Comm! Zod! So many things feel like they're coming together at this point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know the main point of the ending sequence was Superman telling Black Lightning about all the heroes they're trying to recruit from across the galaxy, Atlantis, Themyscira, Russia, China (Great 10?) and even potentially Markovia...but I just had to kind of chuckle at yet another Ending where Superman is basically talking for Black Lightning, the leader of the Justice League, who continues to have no dialogue this season. And also Mary showing up as herself instead of in her hero form because I guess they were up top to date enough on that, and having Madame Xanadu there even though she mostly just tells fortunes...and the really think they can recruit Phantom Stranger? At this rate we'll be able to count the number of characters not on the Justice League on one hand.
    It's kind of annoying to see Black Lightning just kind of there, but Superman has never been an active chairman of the League during any season of the show and his input is appreciated. Kent Nelson recognized Xanadu's power, so she's worth considering, especially since the biggest threats have been magic-based. As for Phantom Stranger, the League thinking they can recruit him happened in the comics as well. Anyone have a breakdown of who we saw on the screen? Kind of hard for me to tell the obscured ones.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    For some reason, they called Highfather Iyaza instead of Izaya. (I always imagined it pronounced like Isaiah.) I'm assuming it was a simple mistake by a writer, but I'm surprised no one caught it.
    I was wondering if I had misheard. That was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I found the opening far more interesting than the rest of the plot. They should've kept it on Earth, I think a "down-to-earth" story of Rocket being a co-parenting mother with an autistic child while being a superhero would've been great. I know the show has gotten bigger in scale since Invasion but this had the potential to be very heartwarming. If they wanted scale seeing Raquel's relationships with the rest of the JL could've worked too.
    Since this show isn't afraid of flashbacks anymore, maybe we'll see an extended one of Raquel becoming Rocket and operating out of Dakota, or more with her and Amistad. It's nice to see her get her own arc, but I can understand why taking her to space would fit in more with the larger narrative they're telling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Rocket should have had focus in the first damn season. The crux of her character, being the sidekick who convinced her partner to fight crime, would have served as an amazing contrast to the other members.

She's not bad here, but that part of her character isn't addressed, we never meet Icon, and while I like Jay, he doesn't seen like a great foil for her
    Rocket was essentially a glorified guest star at the tail end of season one, and we were just lucky we got as much of her as we did because she could've easily had the same treatment as Garth, Donna, or even poor Freddy, official Team members who are part of the show's history but didn't play a significant part in the original run. We saw Icon practicing intergalactic law in season 2, it would be nice to see how Rocket and Icon's partnership began.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Well, that answered my question pretty quickly. So Jay did go back to active duty after Joan died, and the Justice League recruited him. Great to see him in this arc, and Forager is fun too. I think Rocket brings a unique perspective to the New Genesis/Apokolips conflict, especially since there are parallels between Orion and Amistad.
    Amistad should be glad his dad's not the biggest cosmic Big Bad of all time.

I do wonder if Rocket finding out about Orion's true parentage will address where Scott/Mister Miracle is. I feel like if he was ever going to show up, this would be the arc for it. It really seems like he's still stuck on Apokolips.
    It's kind of annoying to see Black Lightning just kind of there, but Superman has never been an active chairman of the League during any season of the show and his input is appreciated. Kent Nelson recognized Xanadu's power, so she's worth considering, especially since the biggest threats have been magic-based. As for Phantom Stranger, the League thinking they can recruit him happened in the comics as well. Anyone have a breakdown of who we saw on the screen? Kind of hard for me to tell the obscured ones.
    I'll do my best.

From left to right:

1st row - Zatara, Red Arrow (Will Harper), Tempest (Garth), Troia (Donna), Mary Bromfield, Clayface (Matt Hagen)

2nd row - Bumblebee, Guardian II (Mal Duncan), Guardian I (Jim Harper), Dubbilex, Adam Strange, Alana (Strange?)

3rd row - Isis, B'arzz O'oomm (?), Asami Koiszumi, Tye Longshadow, Mera, Dolphin

4th row - Wynnde, (Character obscured by Black Lightning's head), Khalid Nassour, Jason Blood, (Character obscured by Superman's head), Madame Xanadu

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I do wonder if Rocket finding out about Orion's true parentage will address where Scott/Mister Miracle is. I feel like if he was ever going to show up, this would be the arc for it. It really seems like he's still stuck on Apokolips.
    I thought that the character the white martian disguise himself as was going to be Shilo Norman. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I thought that the character the white martian disguise himself as was going to be Shilo Norman. Got my hopes up for nothing.
    I thought it was a bald Scott.

Well, considering Highmother's looks it seems like they're going to make Scott black or darker-skinned again here. Who needs diverse legacy characters when you can just racebend their predecessor ?

I have to say I would like to have seen more of those giant underwater creatures. From what we did see, they look unstoppable.

Extraordinary Member

I'll do my best.

From left to right:

1st row - Zatara, Red Arrow (Will Harper), Tempest (Garth), Troia (Donna), Mary Bromfield, Clayface (Matt Hagen)

2nd row - Bumblebee, Guardian II (Mal Duncan), Guardian I (Jim Harper), Dubbilex, Adam Strange, Alana (Strange?)

3rd row - Isis, B'arzz O'oomm (?), Asami Koiszumi, Tye Longshadow, Mera, Dolphin

4th row - Wynnde, (Character obscured by Black Lightning's head), Khalid Nassour, Jason Blood, (Character obscured by Superman's head), Madame Xanadu
    This list tells us a couple of things:

A) Despite all the jokes, it's really freaking hard to get in the Justice League. Other than Isis, no new characters are on the board that we can see.

You don't even get nominated unless you are a known quantity to at least one of the existing members and even that doesn't guarantee anything. Guy Gardener didn't get in on his first try. Neither did Blue Devil.

If the League wasn't actively seeking members outside the US and Earth, they likely wouldn't even consider any Rocket Reds or any aliens they don't know personally.

B) Nobody told Superman that Jason Blood and The Demon are one and the same. Also YJ's version of Jason Blood seems to have enough magic power as Blood to get him nominated ( this varies from version to version).

C) Phantom Stranger actually was a reserve member of the JLA in the Bronze Age. So his joining this League isn't as crazy as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This list tells us a couple of things:

A) Despite all the jokes, it's really freaking hard to get in the Justice League. Other than Isis, no new characters are on the board that we can see.

You don't even get nominated unless you are a known quantity to at least one of the existing members and even that doesn't guarantee anything. Guy Gardener didn't get in on his first try. Neither did Blue Devil.

If the League wasn't actively seeking members outside the US and Earth, they likely wouldn't even consider any Rocket Reds or any aliens they don't know personally.

B) Nobody told Superman that Jason Blood and The Demon are one and the same. Also YJ's version of Jason Blood seems to have enough magic power as Blood to get him nominated ( this varies from version to version).

C) Phantom Stranger actually was a reserve member of the JLA in the Bronze Age. So his joining this League isn't as crazy as it sounds.
    For Phantom Stranger; it could be to a certain degree he joins. What degree, I don't know. But for such a being to be on there, kind of has to be limits.

The Stranger would only be in the league on his own terms. I doubt he will attend any meetings and be on call

Ultimate Member

The Stranger would only be in the league on his own terms. I doubt he will attend any meetings and be on call
    Stranger's whole gig is showing up and enabling the heroes to do stuff. Does he really need a membership for that?

I'll do my best.

From left to right:

This is what I came up with (not in order). Some of the names are my own, but they match what you have.

World Warrior, World Warrioress, Artemis, Wind Samurai, Green Beetle, Bumblebee, Clayface Junior, Dolphin, Dubbilex, Guardian, Hornblower, Isis, Mister Blood, Lone Wolf, Madame Xanadu, Sergeant Marvel, Aquawoman, Arsenal, Aqualad, Wonder Girl, Apache Chief, Wind, Zatara, and, potentially, Hellblazer.
    Aside from them, Superman mentions Peacemaker, Etrigan, The Phantom Stranger, the Rocket Red Brigade (presumably Max Rocket, New Rocket, Rocket Red, Lost Rocket, Red Manhunter, and Red Rocket), China (presumably the Chinese Justice League: Green Snake, Robinbot, Balance Man, Dragonson, Dr. Omen, The Bat, and Phaser), Atlantis (presumably Aquababy and Topo), Themyscira (presumably Princess Amazon and Medusa), Geranium City (presumably G-Dwarf and G-Elf), Mars (maybe Mother and Father Martian could be helpful), Thanagar (Hawk Commander is the only one we’ve seen not already helping
    Last edited by TheRay; 04-17-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Fantastic Member

Alanna of Rann/Ranagar certainly, whether she and Adam are married yet is unknown.

While the character is known as Dolphin in the comics, her name is Delphis (pronounced Del-feece) per the Atlantis arc in Phantoms (her appearances in Outsiders were ambiguous on that point)

Delphis is simply Atlantean for Dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For Phantom Stranger; it could be to a certain degree he joins. What degree, I don't know. But for such a being to be on there, kind of has to be limits.
    Stranger's whole gig is showing up and enabling the heroes to do stuff. Does he really need a membership for that?
    I doubt they can even get in contact with him. Stranger only shows up in front of people when he absolutely has to.

He could do it as a gesture of trust. The stranger likes to be intentionally vague and keep the important details to himself. Not the easiest guy to trust

He could do it as a gesture of trust. The stranger likes to be intentionally vague and keep the important details to himself. Not the easiest guy to trust
    The closest the Stranger gets to a gesture of trust is just bothering to talk to you .