Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Slideshows! Wouldn't be YJ without some slideshows! And major characters standing around mute for important scenes because they couldn't afford their VA's (Dick and Kaldur).

Artemis is reminding me a lot of Helena Bertinelli/Huntress...teacher, fires a crossbow, I think Huntress has even used a bo-staff sometimes.

I guess it's nice to see Artemis dating someone new but he feels so generic that he'll probably get an off-screen breakup.

Did Lian knock the glass over the 2nd time thinking Artemis would still catch it?

Cheshire and Talia debating who is the better mother was hilarious. Also, child Damian is adorable.

Oh hey, it's Jason. I guess he hasn't completely woken up yet unless he's working for the Al Ghul's willingly now.

So when is Onyx getting her inevitable haircut?

Mentioning a "scandal" in regards to Cassandra Savage...so she is Scandal Savage? I think her defection is definitely bogus though, because she didn't seem that hurt by Olympia's death and it just seems too sudden and like she's preying on all of Artemis' insecurities.

This is probably the most Arrow Family we've seen in forever, we're only missing GA himself. Arrowette finally gets screentime! I love how she has contacts that lets her pick which Trick Arrow she wants to use, although I feel like Ollie probably still goes analog. Is Cissie supposed to be Oliver's current sidekick? Where does Bonnie King fit into it?

How dangerous is Killer Croc in this universe if the Light/Deathstroke wants to recruit him and he's dangerous enough to have conceivably done that to Cassandra Savage?

Spoiler finally mentions Cluemaster.

So Cass was a former LoS? Where do Shiva and David Cain fit into it? Has no one taught her how to talk yet?

Finally caught up with the new episodes. I'm cautiously optimistic about this season, but I didn't love the Mars stuff. I think Conner and M'Gann are the heart of the show, and I was looking forward to seeing them get married, but I missed the other characters too much. The best parts were seeing Green Beetle, Carl Lumbly and Kari Wahlgren, and M'Gann's sister taking on Rita Farr's form, but those were just extra bits of a main plot that didn't interest me too much. Also knowing that Courtney Whitmore is now Stargirl is something I want elaborated on since what we know of her on the show seems quite different from how she is in the comics.

Then there's another major death. Is the theme of this season grief or something? I'm not looking forward to more instances of main characters sobbing over the entire end credits.

This past episode with Artemis is my favorite so far. Is this the first time we've seen Will Harper in his Red Arrow costume since he became Will Harper? I thought he was retired, but the costume is a bit different. I like Artemis being a teacher, it makes sense for the OGs to help younger people in their civilian identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    *looks around*

I...enjoy...the Martian racism plotline...
    I liked that too because it was established as early as season one when Megan and Conner went to school. But at the same time, I feel like one or two episodes would have been more satisfying. I think this show has done better with Atlantis than Mars, and we've seen much less of Atlantis at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That, or the creatives just have more interest in doing "DC Universe, and we do mean all of it" in small bites than they do in doing the small team based show. I think there is a sense from behind the scenes of trying to cram in as much of the larger universe and even the most obscure characters as opposed to focusing on a core, central cast. I do wish they would return to the more focused story-telling, personally. A lot of what made S3 work a little better was the core focus on the Outsiders, even if I never really cared for any of them outside of the OG characters and Forager.
    I'm having an odd sense of deja vu when Justice League became Justice League Unlimited. Hawkgirl was gone, Flash was absent from those early JLU episodes, and we didn't even get to see the Big Seven together until the first season finale. I was more wanting to see old favorites and didn't care much about characters like Hawk and Dove or B'Wana Beast. At least season two of Young Justice introduced the Tim/Cassie/Bart generation, which I love. I do respect Young Justice for their decision, though, and it makes sense that they would expand considering how much history the universe had from Day One. I guess it's kind of a trade-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have an issue with how Artemis is processing her grief. If helping people is her coping mechanism than fine but why wasn't Megan at the top of the list? She said it herself, no one will be able to relate to her loss more than her. So why not help her through her loss much like she and Megan did for Zatanna? Going for the option she knows is a lost cause is wasteful
    Maybe M'Gann remained on Mars so her family can help her process things.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mentioning a "scandal" in regards to Cassandra Savage...so she is Scandal Savage? I think her defection is definitely bogus though, because she didn't seem that hurt by Olympia's death and it just seems too sudden and like she's preying on all of Artemis' insecurities.
    I thought they might have just been trolling us with the "scandal" reference. The mention of Olympia didn't sit right for me either because Vandal Savage killing her was actually a mercy given her advanced age and deteriorating mind. It's actually one of the kindest things we've seen him do. Onyx seems too nice and personable, though. Maybe they really are doing a Cold War thing and they're both lying.

This is probably the most Arrow Family we've seen in forever, we're only missing GA himself. Arrowette finally gets screentime! I love how she has contacts that lets her pick which Trick Arrow she wants to use, although I feel like Ollie probably still goes analog. Is Cissie supposed to be Oliver's current sidekick? Where does Bonnie King fit into it?
    Arrowette's tech is cool. I can't remember if it was Green Arrow or Hawkeye, but one of them can tell which arrow is which by having different fletching for different trick arrows. Has Bonnie King been established at all in this universe? I'm guessing if Oliver is still active, Arrowette is his current sidekick, but as we see with characters like the third Robin and second Wonder Girl, their time with other young heroes plays a bigger role than the time with their mentors.

I just realized that, Cheshire and Talia were debating who is the better mother, and thinking if this arc might confirm Shiva is Cass's mother...I guess we have the winner of who the worst mother is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Also knowing that Courtney Whitmore is now Stargirl is something I want elaborated on since what we know of her on the show seems quite different from how she is in the comics.
    She went from an internet blogger to a Superhero surprisingly quick. She also seems younger.

I always thought it was going to be a weird shift if they actually made her Stargirl.
    Then there's another major death. Is the theme of this season grief or something? I'm not looking forward to more instances of main characters sobbing over the entire end credits.
    Grief or unfinished business.
    This past episode with Artemis is my favorite so far. Is this the first time we've seen Will Harper in his Red Arrow costume since he became Will Harper? I thought he was retired, but the costume is a bit different. I like Artemis being a teacher, it makes sense for the OGs to help younger people in their civilian identities.
    He wore the suit for one scene at the end of the Bowhunter Security episode last season.
    I'm having an odd sense of deja vu when Justice League became Justice League Unlimited. Hawkgirl was gone, Flash was absent from those early JLU episodes, and we didn't even get to see the Big Seven together until the first season finale. I was more wanting to see old favorites and didn't care much about characters like Hawk and Dove or B'Wana Beast. At least season two of Young Justice introduced the Tim/Cassie/Bart generation, which I love. I do respect Young Justice for their decision, though, and it makes sense that they would expand considering how much history the universe had from Day One. I guess it's kind of a trade-off.
    It's ironic to me that we finally had the YJ4 (Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart) all on a team together and we never really saw any of them interact with each other (even when Tim and Cassie were dating).
    Maybe M'Gann remained on Mars so her family can help her process things.
    That makes sense.
    Arrowette's tech is cool. I can't remember if it was Green Arrow or Hawkeye, but one of them can tell which arrow is which by having different fletching for different trick arrows. Has Bonnie King been established at all in this universe? I'm guessing if Oliver is still active, Arrowette is his current sidekick, but as we see with characters like the third Robin and second Wonder Girl, their time with other young heroes plays a bigger role than the time with their mentors.
    We first saw her when Green Arrow and Artemis saved her dad from Black Spider...which was a departure from the comics because I think her dad was dead by the time she was a baby. Makes me curious about her origin in this show.

Seems like she's channeling both OG!Artemis and Speedy.

I'm more invested in this arc then I ever have with the Mars one.

I have an issue with how Artemis is processing her grief. If helping people is her coping mechanism than fine but why wasn't Megan at the top of the list? She said it herself, no one will be able to relate to her loss more than her. So why not help her through her loss much like she and Megan did for Zatanna? Going for the option she knows is a lost cause is wasteful
    Like you said, it's a coping mechanism. It doesn't mean she is acting completely rationally.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This episode was so much better than the Mars ones. I liked seeing Arrowette and Arsenal get some screen time, and that we actually get to see Spoiler and Orphan. I think the way they blended the old characters like Tigress and Red Arrow with the new ones worked really well.

I'm behind because the Mars storyline is boring me to tears. I started fast-forwarding just to see the Legion appearances - it's the only aspect of the story I find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm behind because the Mars storyline is boring me to tears. I started fast-forwarding just to see the Legion appearances - it's the only aspect of the story I find interesting.
    I do kind of want to see more Legion...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'm betting towards the end of the season we will get more Legion. We all know Superboy isn't dead and was taken by the Legion so when he comes back so will they.

Mighty Member

I expect a major Legion development around episodes 12 or 13, right before the break.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

He wore the suit for one scene at the end of the Bowhunter Security episode last season.
    Oh, right. But he's not an active member of the Justice League...is he?

It's ironic to me that we finally had the YJ4 (Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart) all on a team together and we never really saw any of them interact with each other (even when Tim and Cassie were dating).
    Conner is too far removed from the others on this show, unfortunately. At least we got that bit in "Summit" when Tim, Cassie, and Bart revealed that they had been under cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I'm betting towards the end of the season we will get more Legion. We all know Superboy isn't dead and was taken by the Legion so when he comes back so will they.
    I wonder if a different Legionnaire is going to be in each arc. Maybe Karate Kid or Invisible Kid in the Artemis story, White Witch in Zatanna's, etc.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Another good episode. It seems that Jason was Barbara ex in this continuity. His dog hating Jade was nice.

I like that orphan has a personal stake in the matter. It's intimidating how she refuses to be relieved from guard duty. Having her vocal chords severed when she was an infant is something else. Shiva is a monster.

Incredible Member

Another good episode. It seems that Jason was Barbara ex in this continuity. His dog hating Jade was nice.

I like that orphan has a personal stake in the matter. It's intimidating how she refuses to be relieved from guard duty. Having her vocal chords severed when she was an infant is something else. Shiva is a monster.
    Definitely a great episode; wasn't expecting Artemis' new boyfriend to be Jason Bard (YJ is awesome at digging up really underrated DC Characters). Plus, try keeping a straight face to all of Black Spider's quips (Josh Keaton hasn't lost his Spidey-touch)

Ultimate Member

Wonder if she has any of his powers